Christian stupidity
SILLY GOOSE

Huntington, WV

#101 Oct 11, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>I would think someone with two PHDs would have heard of Pascal's Wager and know why it fails. You are seeing belief as christianity vs atheism. That's just not so. Its christianity vs atheism vs Islam vs Hindus vs Sikhs vs other sects of christianity vs every single religion that is practiced today or that has ever been practiced. It's hubris to think otherwise. You've picked one religion out of thousands, if this is a bet, you're chances are only very slightly better than mine. Perhaps you could start worshipping Ra, Zeus, Odin, Genesha, etc. just to hedge your bets?

I would think if there truly was one all powerful god that it would be easily apparent to everyone and we wouldn't have all these "false" gods being worshiped.
Of course I've heard of it. But I believe it is flawed. His only belief references were Roman Catholic and atheists. My choice of my beliefs is just that.... Mine. I'm referring only to Christianity and atheist because that seems to be the topic here

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#102 Oct 11, 2012
SILLY GOOSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I'm sure people who have children with disabilities would appreciate that term you used to describe me. I don't have to qualify my credentials. They are hanging in my office. Stop the name calling. You appear unintelligent. Still can't give us your educational level huh??
IS kitsncats your lover? Why are you fighting his(hers) battle? I don't need to prove myself to anyone, I and I certainly don't owe you an explanation.
Level 6

Location hidden

#103 Oct 11, 2012
SILLY GOOSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I've heard of it. But I believe it is flawed. His only belief references were Roman Catholic and atheists. My choice of my beliefs is just that.... Mine. I'm referring only to Christianity and atheist because that seems to be the topic here
Yes, Pascal was the catholic so of course he made it his religion or none. In this I see no difference with what you offered earlier. It was Pascal's Wager with christianity instead.
kitsncats

Huntington, WV

#104 Oct 11, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>IS kitsncats your lover? Why are you fighting his(hers) battle? I don't need to prove myself to anyone, I and I certainly don't owe you an explanation.
I know the person and why would you assume lovers? We are married. And I'm proud of our accomplishments. My hubby is a physician. Wow get with it. If you had something proud to share, you would. Guess you have no education or you would be happy to tell.

“I'll think about it.”

Level 4

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#105 Oct 11, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>
IS kitsncats your lover? Why are you fighting his(hers) battle? I don't need to prove myself to anyone, I and I certainly don't owe you an explanation.
I think kitsncats forgot to change his/her name from silly goose.
So much for that much vaulted intellect.

Why do people post in multiple names?
Just so they will have someone to agree with them?
kitsncats

Huntington, WV

#106 Oct 11, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Pascal was the catholic so of course he made it his religion or none. In this I see no difference with what you offered earlier. It was Pascal's Wager with christianity instead.
Indeed it was, but I believe his theory was biased. I choose to reject his wager
Carbon 1

Ardsley, NY

#107 Oct 11, 2012
I guess we'll go on faith, since there is no way to prove educational achievements..

However, did you know the current Pope, who is considered holy of holiest. Was a member of the hitler youth nazi party. Why would god put him there. Especially in the next country over, Poland, they were killing everyone they could..

18 yrs catholic schools
6 years college
Don't believe in religion....
Priceless!!!
kitsncats

Huntington, WV

#108 Oct 11, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>I think kitsncats forgot to change his/her name from silly goose.
So much for that much vaulted intellect.

Why do people post in multiple names?
Just so they will have someone to agree with them?
I didn't post under multiple names. If you can read you can see that my husband got in the conversation. I'm not so pathetic that I need to be built up by you or anybody else. I have better things to do than deal with a bunch of idiots. Cya
Level 6

Location hidden

#109 Oct 11, 2012
kitsncats wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it was, but I believe his theory was biased. I choose to reject his wager
Why? Hes saying exactly what you did, just about his religion. Living a good catholic life, if he dies and is wrong he loses nothing. The atheist loses everything.
Everyone Knows Me

Hurricane, WV

#110 Oct 11, 2012
Theres only one positive aspect of christianity and thats the morals it's supposed to relay to people, although most people practice it for selfish acts like eternal life or simply avoiding the pain and sorrows of "hell"..but then again a lot of christians will use their belief as a ticket to a free conscience. A good example is of preachers raping and/or molesting children, ask your god for forgiveness, then all is good? He forgave himself.

People need to spend more time and energy studying the universe.
Level 6

Location hidden

#111 Oct 11, 2012
kitsncats wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way we will all know is when our lives end. I just want to live in a place free from sickness and evil. If I'm right in my beliefs, then I get my dreams. What if you are wrong? Don't judge, just think. It would be nice to share with lots of people. I'd rather take my chances with my Lord. Try not to take his name in vain as a favor to this stranger :)
Maybe I'm missing something Kit, but you seem to be offering Pascal's Wager here.

Oh, thank you for being civil as well.
Everyone Knows Me

Hurricane, WV

#112 Oct 11, 2012
She said her husband was talking under the name silly goose (lie)and then she called someone an idiot? That's not a way to properly practice christianity now is it?
1 post removed
nunya

United States

#114 Oct 11, 2012
kitsncats wrote:
Why are atheists so bothered by the very name of Jesus Christ or the Bible? Christians are here to stay!.
So are gays, but Christians seem to have all kinds of problems with them.
nunya

United States

#115 Oct 11, 2012
Everyone Knows Me wrote:
I was at work when this hill jack of a women needed help, alright, she interrupts my answer to her idiotic question and asks me "Do you know jesus?"..I instantly get agitated from this because they do it all the time. I then say "no, do you?" she looks at me as if she's never been face to face with a person who is yet to be brainwashed and says "yesss, and so should you" I tell her shes rude and she says/asks "its my job as a christian to speak the word isn't it?" See, I really don't care what people want to think, my problem with Christianity is that they think their religion is the only correct one and everyone else is wrong, they feel the need to interrupt peoples lives talking about it or trying to persuade. People volunteer to be brainwashed or its instilling during childhood and thats it...it's unfortunate but keep it to yourself.
You should complain to HR if this persists. Inappropriate.
nunya

United States

#116 Oct 11, 2012
kitsncats wrote:
First of all, I'm not in a cult. Obviously you don't even know what is involved in being in a cult. I'm definitely not gullible. I have a Ph D in education and religion. What are your credentials in knowledge?
I thought you said you were leaving...
nunya

United States

#117 Oct 11, 2012
kitsncats wrote:
<quoted text>I know the person and why would you assume lovers? We are married. And I'm proud of our accomplishments. My hubby is a physician. Wow get with it. If you had something proud to share, you would. Guess you have no education or you would be happy to tell.
Lol someone messed up their topix personalities
PIPESTEM BOY 1942

Fort Wayne, IN

#118 Oct 11, 2012
I totally agree with AMR above! I strongly believe that God will soon send catastrophic disasters upon this planet to show this perverted and evil society that HE is still in control!!!!!And of course the devil is smiling because he wants to pull as many as possible into hell with him. Go ahead and laugh and criticize me but I will not back down on my firm beliefs!! God loves all of us so please,please seek Him before its too late my friends!!
Level 6

Location hidden

#119 Oct 11, 2012
PIPESTEM BOY 1942 wrote:
I totally agree with AMR above! I strongly believe that God will soon send catastrophic disasters upon this planet to show this perverted and evil society that HE is still in control!!!!!And of course the devil is smiling because he wants to pull as many as possible into hell with him. Go ahead and laugh and criticize me but I will not back down on my firm beliefs!! God loves all of us so please,please seek Him before its too late my friends!!
So he'll send disasters, which will affect just and unjust to punish the bad people? Seems fair. Why not you know, just punish the bad people?

Yeah god loves all of us? You are really not making that case very well.
The devil

Troy, VA

#120 Oct 11, 2012
I would rather be overprepared than under prepared. We may not get rain today, but what's the harm in taking an umbrella just in case? As long as I warn you that it might rain, I am doing all I can. If you choose to believe it will be a sunny day and wear your flip flops, that's on you. Not the best analogy, but you see where I'm going right?
Everyone Knows Me

Hurricane, WV

#121 Oct 11, 2012
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
You should complain to HR if this persists. Inappropriate.
I agree, and if I worked for a different company I would but you see my HR manager is in her 60's..Im sure that if she figured me out based upon my unappreciation of the gospel, there would be some passive discrimination. Just as there is everywhere...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Lawrence...don't trust him!!!! 19 min KARMA IS A BITCH 13
Worst mothers in huntington 44 min SIASD 2
AAA Football Championship 1 hr MYHEALWAYSART 2
Trump and Carrier Corp reach deal to save 1000 ... 1 hr Nancy 21
Deer hunting for meat to eat 2 hr -zaphod- 89
Is your baby mom a bitch too? (Nov '13) 3 hr Tuna 42
herd football 3 hr jbj 121

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance