western regional jail
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Concerned

Huntington, WV

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Anyone been in WRJ? What are the conditions there?
oh Yeah

Hollywood, FL

#2 Feb 5, 2012
It sucks!!!
Angel

Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 5, 2012
Are people in one big room with bunks or pods and is the food bad? I heard they only give you a sheet, no pillow or blanket and its cold, loud and everyone is rude!It sucks!!!
jon boy

West Hamlin, WV

#4 Feb 5, 2012
Umm its jail dickwads!
A Mom

Man, WV

#5 Feb 5, 2012
My son was there for 9 months. No, it's not comfortable. It's not supposed to be, it is jail. Yes, he did survive.
Its jail

Proctorville, OH

#6 Feb 5, 2012
UHMMMMMMM Its not supposed to be comfortable and homey. Geesh!!!!
druglife

Huntington, WV

#7 Feb 5, 2012
you do get a blanket and a sheet. no pillow though. there is one big day room and there are 2 man pods you sleep in.So when you go in you are issued two pairs of pants 2 shirts a pair maybe 2 pairs of socks can't remeber a laundry bag,toothbrush,comb,small tube of toothpaste. and a tiny bar of soap.of yeah and those oarnge flip-flops.and jail isnt cold in the winter really the heat blast constantly there is a heat vent in front of every bunk. it may get chilly in the day room though. and you basically freeze in the summer as the ac blasts constantly. And yes the fool is pretty damn horrible i lost 17 pounds in 7 days there. so put some money on your brothers books so he can get something to eat.
LitUp

Huntington, WV

#8 Feb 5, 2012
Angel wrote:
Are people in one big room with bunks or pods and is the food bad? I heard they only give you a sheet, no pillow or blanket and its cold, loud and everyone is rude!It sucks!!!
Who was rude to you in jail? Why, that doesn't even make any sense. Why would someone be rude to you there? Tell us about it.
desperodo

Richmond, VA

#9 Feb 5, 2012
I was in jail twice several years ago. It was rough but it tought me a lesson. If jail was paradise like the hotel hilton, I would still be out there stealing cars and raising hell.
info

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Feb 5, 2012
druglife wrote:
you do get a blanket and a sheet. no pillow though. there is one big day room and there are 2 man pods you sleep in.So when you go in you are issued two pairs of pants 2 shirts a pair maybe 2 pairs of socks can't remeber a laundry bag,toothbrush,comb,small tube of toothpaste. and a tiny bar of soap.of yeah and those oarnge flip-flops.and jail isnt cold in the winter really the heat blast constantly there is a heat vent in front of every bunk. it may get chilly in the day room though. and you basically freeze in the summer as the ac blasts constantly. And yes the fool is pretty damn horrible i lost 17 pounds in 7 days there. so put some money on your brothers books so he can get something to eat.
Ok first off you have never been there!!!! The "pods" are the are 60-80 persons with one to two man cells depending if you are in A,B,D or F which that is determined by many factors crime, gang affiliation, co defendants and sex. Jail is not the d@mn holiday inn. It is suppose to be uncomfortable. Maybe you should spend sometime on in mt olive. Food is contracted out by a food service "Armark" company and it meets all requirements by state and federal laws/standards. So basically what your bit€hing about is that you did a crime and it is the states fault that you are not in a "home" setting? The state is responsible for the Care-custody-control of dip$hits like you because you can't keep you nose clean.
Seymour Wayner

Charleston, WV

#11 Feb 5, 2012
The C.O.'s are all former jocks and are looking for a reason to spray you with pepper spray and beat you in numbers. If you don't move fast enough or talk back expect a beating. It is entirely illegal, but they have a code of silence on brutality just like the police.
Been There

Hollywood, FL

#12 Feb 6, 2012
The CO's are seriously low mentality tough guys who used to pump steroids with small nuts.

Their idea of being tough is spraying you and beating you while you are cuffed.

It is called justice in America.

"ok boss...duh...i beat him real good boss i did".....
jenn

Huntington, WV

#13 Feb 6, 2012
WEstern regional jail is a dump. The prisons in WV are 10x nicer and have much better employees. the COs at western regional are not jocks, they are F****** nerds who are looking for some way to have a small place of power, and yes small. They cannot get away with too much because many inmates in there are property of DOC, and if they hurt one of those inmates, there will be a lawsuit on their hands. They all walk around scared and would never attempt to harrass an inmate alone, only when there are a group of COs ,will they attack at inmate.
The women in the front office are also miserable and rude. They have no reason to be rude to outsiders who have questions, make visits, drop off money, etc. It is not our fault they are stuck working for 20 grand a year. They are MISERABLE and take it out on people. All the fat lesbian COs are miserable too. it is just weird there.
medical

United States

#14 Feb 6, 2012
Don't even get me started on the medical staff there! God forbid you have a headache..i guess they never get sick
LOL

Huntington, WV

#15 Feb 6, 2012
only thing to look forward to is the biscuits and gravy, tacos, and chicken sandwhiches.

if you ever go to jail make sure you sign up for the popcorn list ;)
james nessle

Peoria, IL

#16 Feb 6, 2012
jenn wrote:
WEstern regional jail is a dump. The prisons in WV are 10x nicer and have much better employees. the COs at western regional are not jocks, they are F****** nerds who are looking for some way to have a small place of power, and yes small. They cannot get away with too much because many inmates in there are property of DOC, and if they hurt one of those inmates, there will be a lawsuit on their hands. They all walk around scared and would never attempt to harrass an inmate alone, only when there are a group of COs ,will they attack at inmate.
The women in the front office are also miserable and rude. They have no reason to be rude to outsiders who have questions, make visits, drop off money, etc. It is not our fault they are stuck working for 20 grand a year. They are MISERABLE and take it out on people. All the fat lesbian COs are miserable too. it is just weird there.
most gays are miserable because they live a lifestyle that goes against nature and God.
jessie

Peoria, IL

#17 Feb 6, 2012
The western regional jail is ran by gays. gay men and lesbians. What do you think happens to inmates in there?
info

Grafton, OH

#18 Feb 6, 2012
Seymour Wayner wrote:
The C.O.'s are all former jocks and are looking for a reason to spray you with pepper spray and beat you in numbers. If you don't move fast enough or talk back expect a beating. It is entirely illegal, but they have a code of silence on brutality just like the police.
I am a female and no I am not a fat nor ugly now what!!!!
info

Grafton, OH

#19 Feb 6, 2012
jenn wrote:
WEstern regional jail is a dump. The prisons in WV are 10x nicer and have much better employees. the COs at western regional are not jocks, they are F****** nerds who are looking for some way to have a small place of power, and yes small. They cannot get away with too much because many inmates in there are property of DOC, and if they hurt one of those inmates, there will be a lawsuit on their hands. They all walk around scared and would never attempt to harrass an inmate alone, only when there are a group of COs ,will they attack at inmate.
The women in the front office are also miserable and rude. They have no reason to be rude to outsiders who have questions, make visits, drop off money, etc. It is not our fault they are stuck working for 20 grand a year. They are MISERABLE and take it out on people. All the fat lesbian COs are miserable too. it is just weird there.
Totally wrong!!! People if you are going to get on here and rant at least know what you are talking about!!!! Regional jail is a different division than doc they are both state ran but different parts of the department of military affairs and public safety. And not all inmates will make it to the doc. As for all the woman being fat and gay not true!!! I am a female co , married, and run 5 miles a 3 times a week with less than 4% body fat. So please stop judging bc someone was rude to you while you were dropping your drug dealing boo some money.
Mandy

Hollywood, FL

#20 Feb 6, 2012
info wrote:
<quoted text>Totally wrong!!! People if you are going to get on here and rant at least know what you are talking about!!!! Regional jail is a different division than doc they are both state ran but different parts of the department of military affairs and public safety. And not all inmates will make it to the doc. As for all the woman being fat and gay not true!!! I am a female co , married, and run 5 miles a 3 times a week with less than 4% body fat. So please stop judging bc someone was rude to you while you were dropping your drug dealing boo some money.
Oh so you say it is ran under the military? interesting. That further reinforces what alex jones always says.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looks like Kim is headed to jail. 16 min Just Saying 101
Create your own Forum 37 min sad Company 787
Police needed to get prostitutes off our streets 40 min FurReel 1
Tiera Ramey 49 min That girl 3
andi 1 hr chris 12
Stripper 1 hr nick 19
Lisa Nichols 1 hr willy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages