Clarksburg Mayor wants home rule

Apr 24, 2013 Full story: West Virginia Metro 14

Five years after it first started with four cities, Home Rule will be an option for 16 others with a new law Governor Earl Ray Tomblin is expected to sign soon.

Full Story
Anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#1 Apr 26, 2013
I like the idea of it ..... Bridgeport is already home ruled. From that I don't know what/how they've used it

“Let's Get'em. Talladega Red 1.”

Since: Nov 12

Clarskburg, WV

#2 Apr 26, 2013
I tell you who is home ruled.

No, not your mom.
Sammy Sosa

Clarksburg, WV

#3 Apr 28, 2013
I like how the county commission was all against this when Bridgeport wanted to do this. But I bet they are on board now since Clarksburg wants to now. County goverment is shady and corrupt if it doesn't help out them or Clarksburg it's no good
John Doe

Lost Creek, WV

#4 May 2, 2013
The State Association for Commissioners did not support the Home Rule Bill over all, not directed at any particular city. As for the local commission, according to what I have heard in the few commission meetings I have attended, they have been supportive of B-port in everything except fire fees outside of the city limits, because those particular citizens went to the commission with the complaint about fire fees.
Sammy Sosa

Morgantown, WV

#5 May 3, 2013
John Doe the home run rule is the fire fee, that's the same thing . They was fighting the home rule because the fire fee
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#6 May 5, 2013
Possums most of you could not rule at a cub scout game. WV is simply too illiterate. Toothless hillbillies must be instructed and supervised. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
too much

Richmond, VA

#7 May 6, 2013
Hagatha May wrote:
Possums most of you could not rule at a cub scout game. WV is simply too illiterate. Toothless hillbillies must be instructed and supervised. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
What ? Why? Where do you come from? What's home rule? Oh yeah Lady of quality that's funny !
ifyouneedhelp

Seattle, WA

#8 May 18, 2013
but it doesnt matter since roger baker is a moron.
WAKE UP CLARKSBURG

Bridgeport, WV

#9 Jun 2, 2013
the problem with our town is the family system to politics.... clarksburg wv has the most corrupt police force .....parents in politics hide there kid cop felonies ........example cory heater and recent recruit jeff mayer......let on of these punks push me around....they wont leave the block ......
too much

Greenville, VA

#10 Jun 2, 2013
What's wrong with 2 cops you mentioned? The younger clarksburg police have never bothered me its always been the guys that are now in key positions now or about to retire . Also why do they bother you
Steve

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Jun 5, 2013
Martin Howe takes pay offs.
Puddin

Clarksburg, WV

#12 Jun 5, 2013
Steve wrote:
Martin Howe takes pay offs.
Prove it.
too much

Greenville, VA

#13 Jun 6, 2013
I agree prove it ! Also everyone talks about the family or buddy system , you'd do the same if it were you!
Jeremy

Clarksburg, WV

#14 Jun 7, 2013
I've heard that Martin Howe was up for a few other positions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lifehouse Overdoses 6 min 50 Grand 32
Bobby Holmes 22 min 50 Grand 2
what do you think? 59 min Justlove 23
Lowery's Irish Pub (Jul '12) 1 hr inkd 3
Randy Pennington 1 hr hello 188
a bit damp out,,, 2 hr MarkJ 5
big girls 2 hr Gravy Stained 10
cheating with a coworker 5 hr Doctor Phil 34

Flood Warning for Cabell County was issued at March 05 at 1:23AM EST

Huntington Dating