American Eagle Pictures in Dressing R...

American Eagle Pictures in Dressing Rooms at Mall

Posted in the Huntington Forum

American Eagle Shopper

Secaucus, NJ

#1 Jun 15, 2013
Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/x17579099...

CURTIS JOHNSON

Herald-Dispatch.com

BARBOURSVILLE — A 25-year-old retail store employee was arrested this week and charged with photographing a 20-year-old woman as she tried on a bikini bottom, according to court and police documents.

The incident happened about 1 p.m. Monday at American Eagle Outfitters, a national retail chain located at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville.

The suspect, Jonathon Fay Roberts of Culloden, let the would-be victim in the fitting room and then placed a cellphone under its door to take a photograph, according to a criminal complaint filed in Cabell County Magistrate Court. It charges Roberts with misdemeanor criminal invasion of privacy.

Barboursville Police Chief Mike Coffey said his officers seized Roberts’ cellphone, which is undergoing a forensic analysis.

The Huntington victim told police she screamed when she noticed a black cellphone being pushed under the fitting room’s door, according to the complaint.

The man immediately fled, but was spotted by the victim’s sister, according to the complaint.

Roberts was arraigned in Cabell County Magistrate Court and detained Monday at the Western Regional Jail. He was released Tuesday on a $25,000 bond, court and jail records state. His next court date is set for early August.

Local management at American Eagle Outfitters deferred comment to their corporate office, from which a spokesman later responded saying the employee was no longer employed by the company. The store is cooperating with law enforcement.
St

West Hamlin, WV

#2 Jun 15, 2013
Omg
That's a lawsuit ready to happen!
Can't believe he had enough nerve to do that
Resident

United States

#3 Jun 15, 2013
American Eagle Shopper wrote:

CURTIS JOHNSON

Herald-Dispatch.com

BARBOURSVILLE — A 25-year-old retail store employee was arrested this week and charged with photographing a 20-year-old woman as she tried on a bikini bottom, according to court and police documents.

The incident happened about 1 p.m. Monday at American Eagle Outfitters, a national retail chain located at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville.

The suspect, Jonathon Fay Roberts of Culloden, let the would-be victim in the fitting room and then placed a cellphone under its door to take a photograph, according to a criminal complaint filed in Cabell County Magistrate Court. It charges Roberts with misdemeanor criminal invasion of privacy.

Barboursville Police Chief Mike Coffey said his officers seized Roberts’ cellphone, which is undergoing a forensic analysis.

The Huntington victim told police she screamed when she noticed a black cellphone being pushed under the fitting room’s door, according to the complaint.

The man immediately fled, but was spotted by the victim’s sister, according to the complaint.

Roberts was arraigned in Cabell County Magistrate Court and detained Monday at the Western Regional Jail. He was released Tuesday on a $25,000 bond, court and jail records state. His next court date is set for early August.

Local management at American Eagle Outfitters deferred comment to their corporate office, from which a spokesman later responded saying the employee was no longer employed by the company. The store is cooperating with law enforcement.
Lmao....
Judicial Probe Process

Houston, TX

#4 Jun 15, 2013
The arrest might have been made in haste. The phone has not undergone complete analysis yet.

Was the phone obtained with a warrant? If not, any evidence discovered on the phone will be null.

The suspect *might* have dropped his phone and it could have fell under the door. I can see this as a possible defense.
Pics and video released

Huntington, WV

#5 Jun 15, 2013
This will probably be taken down but the surveillance video has been released. Can't really see much as the camera angle is not good but something abnormal was going on.

presumed innocent

Greensburg, PA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
Pics and video released wrote:
This will probably be taken down but the surveillance video has been released. Can't really see much as the camera angle is not good but something abnormal was going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oHg5SJYRHA0XX
You really can't tell who it is in the videon. He won't be convicted based on this video.
1 post removed
fat man in the party van

United States

#8 Jun 15, 2013
Judicial Probe Process wrote:
The arrest might have been made in haste. The phone has not undergone complete analysis yet.

Was the phone obtained with a warrant? If not, any evidence discovered on the phone will be null.

The suspect *might* have dropped his phone and it could have fell under the door. I can see this as a possible defense.
U do not have to have a warrant to go through a cell phone
richard

Alkol, WV

#9 Jun 15, 2013
Pics and video released wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oHg5SJYRHA0XX
Big deal, he recorded a dike singing.
He should have at least recorded a hottie, the dumb ass.
cleo

Hurricane, WV

#10 Jun 15, 2013
fat man in the party van wrote:
<quoted text>
U do not have to have a warrant to go through a cell phone
Yes you do.
fat man in the party van

United States

#11 Jun 15, 2013
If the police arrest you they are allowed to search everything on your person and in the immediate area
Not shopping

Reston, VA

#12 Jun 16, 2013
CURTIS JOHNSON
Herald-Dispatch.com
If this is true I will not be going in dressing rooms for a while now. How would they like it if customers came in recording them?!?
do it

Chester, VA

#13 Jun 16, 2013
Not shopping wrote:
<quoted text>If this is true I will not be going in dressing rooms for a while now. How would they like it if customers came in recording them?!?
Oh get over it. I'm sure no one would want to see you naked any ways. I don't see what the big deal is . I've seen plenty of girls naked in person and some just look better than others
JFR

Secaucus, NJ

#14 Jun 17, 2013
if some 1 do dat to my ole lady I be splitting their bog ole lip wide open.

Level 5

Since: May 12

Huntington, WV

#15 Jun 17, 2013
I predict Jonathon Roberts will be getting a ass beating in the near future.
i am going to sue

Cuba City, WI

#16 Jun 17, 2013
If my wife or daughters pictures are on any employees or former employees phones I am going to sue that place for the maximum that I possible can.
i am going to sue

Cuba City, WI

#17 Jun 17, 2013
In my opinion, I would bet $$ other people in that store knew about stuff like this going on with this guy. Just my opinion.
Any more updates

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Jul 24, 2013
Anyone know what the current status is?
Lawless

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 24, 2013
do it wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh get over it. I'm sure no one would want to see you naked any ways. I don't see what the big deal is . I've seen plenty of girls naked in person and some just look better than others
This makes me really sad. Where are we at as a society to think like this? I'm sorry, I don't care if someone has seen a million naked folks, they haven't seen me. I don't care if someone records a million people daily, they haven't recorded me. I don't care if someone has had relations with a whole mess of folks, they've not slept with me. I would feel violated and this person has every right to as well. Just because some women do not behave in a lady like fashion and respect themselves doesn't mean others who are modest, decent, christian ladies want to be treated in a degraded fashion.
1 post removed
eagleless

Huntington, WV

#21 Jul 24, 2013
IMO wrote:
<quoted text>
If your "ole lady" is as intelligent as you sound the public would be outraged if someone did this to her! The public doesn't usually take kindly to people taking advantage of the mentally impaired!
lol. love it - good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 1 1 min soldier 71
Bye bye hpd....... 16 min Drax 16
Markj Sucks 21 min Drax 8
That a boy Trump 22 min A Real Patriot 55
Fun at moose 32 min Fun loving gal 1
EMS stop responding to OD calls 48 min Lisa 2
Huge Layoffs coming 52 min sparta 51

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance