Obama golfs while the world burns

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Silent Majority

United States

#1 Jul 23, 2014
"Without announcing it, Bush stopped playing golf in the summer of 2003. He made the decision, he explained in a later interview with Politico and Yahoo News, after a particularly devastating bombing in Iraq, which he learned about while on the course.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," Bush said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

In all, Bush played 24 rounds during his time in the White House. Obama has played more than SEVEN times that many – so far."

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/barack-obama-...

http://politicule.org/2014/06/14/obama-golfs-...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/08/16...
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#2 Jul 23, 2014
So what?
Lovely Lib

United States

#3 Jul 23, 2014
He deserves the relaxation, he definitely isn't perfect but has worked against a childish congress to begin to turn things around.
Old Gunny

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jul 23, 2014
At least he isn't burning down the world. It's really sad the majority of posters cannot see their own stupidity. The war machine and Republicans are one in the same. They promote the idea of patriotism and lead sons and daughters to fight bogus wars based on profits. With Bush, Cheney & Rummy at the forefront.

I served my country and left my right leg in Iraq. Wake up idiot! You are the problem!
Master Chinn

Fairfax, VA

#5 Jul 23, 2014
Silent Majority wrote:
"Without announcing it, Bush stopped playing golf in the summer of 2003. He made the decision, he explained in a later interview with Politico and Yahoo News, after a particularly devastating bombing in Iraq, which he learned about while on the course.
"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," Bush said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."
In all, Bush played 24 rounds during his time in the White House. Obama has played more than SEVEN times that many – so far."
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/barack-obama-...
http://politicule.org/2014/06/14/obama-golfs-...
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/08/16...
In 2005 Bush took 5 weeks vacation in Crawford, he holds the record for most consecutive vacation days by and modern president. Only one other president took more John Adams. Over his two terms he took 879 vacation days which included 77 trips to his ranch in Crawford. Nine of which was in his first year.
and

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Jul 23, 2014
Bush did not have time to golf because he was too busy involving us in a war we had no business being in.

Bark up another tree with your garbage.
mike

Madison Heights, VA

#7 Jul 23, 2014
Just another racist republican or libtard crying
What was bush doing during katrina?
Master Chinn

Fairfax, VA

#8 Jul 23, 2014
If you do the math Bush took 2.4 years vacation out if 8 years in office.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#9 Jul 23, 2014
So there's no climate change but the entire world is burning?

Weird

Silent Majority is just a frustrated political hack. He blames Obama for his wife losing her job, but the real reason is that she was giving hand jibbers in the parking lot on her lunch. Baby lotion supplied no extra charge.
Huh

Huntington, WV

#10 Jul 23, 2014
-zaphod- wrote:
So there's no climate change but the entire world is burning?
Weird
Silent Majority is just a frustrated political hack. He blames Obama for his wife losing her job, but the real reason is that she was giving hand jibbers in the parking lot on her lunch. Baby lotion supplied no extra charge.
That goes a bit far don't you think?
1 post removed
Ron Ron

Huntington, WV

#12 Jul 23, 2014
If the the majority of the people think that Obama is doing a good job as president then the U.S. as it once was is over. It won't be long until terrorists will be lobbing rockets into the big cities like Hamas is doing to Israel and kaos will be the norm.
If we don't carry a big stick someone else will and spank us with it.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 23, 2014
Ron Ron wrote:
If the the majority of the people think that Obama is doing a good job as president then the U.S. as it once was is over. It won't be long until terrorists will be lobbing rockets into the big cities like Hamas is doing to Israel and kaos will be the norm.
Who's Kaos? And why is he changing his name to Norm?
and

Proctorville, OH

#14 Jul 23, 2014
Yes, we must watch out for the "kaos".

Your ignorance makes it difficult to find validation in anything you say.

Thanks for the laughs though.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#15 Jul 24, 2014
Ron Ron wrote:
The US as it "once was", whatever you mean by that, has likely been over for some time now. American society has evolved and advanced in some fashion or another ever since the first settlements. Every generation seems to have those who pine for the prior generation, or farther back. Most of the change seems to ride on the wings of improved communication systems and access to those systems.

Perhaps the more we change the more we adhere to our historical patterns.

Location hidden

#16 Jul 24, 2014
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>The US as it "once was", whatever you mean by that, has likely been over for some time now. American society has evolved and advanced in some fashion or another ever since the first settlements. Every generation seems to have those who pine for the prior generation, or farther back. Most of the change seems to ride on the wings of improved communication systems and access to those systems.

Perhaps the more we change the more we adhere to our historical patterns.
As it once was means Mayberry America. A lot of people believe that's really how things were back in the day.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#17 Jul 24, 2014
And at a time when Mayberry was current some would have bemoaned the fact that things had changed and not for the better.

And America continues to move forward, just as it has since Day 1.
Zaphods dad

United States

#18 Jul 24, 2014
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
The US as it "once was", whatever you mean by that,
"Once was" refers to freedom. The fact that it stumped you does not surprise us.
Redskins

United States

#19 Jul 24, 2014
Here's some of that awesome "change" obama promised.

http://politix.topix.com/story/13202-child-im...

Location hidden

#20 Jul 24, 2014
Zaphods dad wrote:
<quoted text>"Once was" refers to freedom. The fact that it stumped you does not surprise us.
Dumbest post of the day

Congrats

Location hidden

#21 Jul 24, 2014
Redskins wrote:
Here's some of that awesome "change" obama promised.

http://politix.topix.com/story/13202-child-im...
You want them put up at Trump Towers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
B. I. Tches the all American bitches 13 min The dude 2
Rioting erupts in immigrant Swedish suburb 17 min MURICA 7
26th Street Bar Shooting 28 min Mark 1
Trump overturns bill coal mining debris 31 min sammich 53
Baltimore Street drugs 39 min Each other 21
401 Whitaker Blvd. Yellowstone (Jan '11) 51 min Sorry baby 47
The Legg Room 1 hr Bar noise 3
What time does unemployment money show up on de... (Dec '10) 20 hr Kstro 334

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web