Beverly Hills youth football
First Prev
of 27
Next Last
You dumb azz

Brooklyn, NY

#542 Aug 10, 2013
love your neighbor wrote:
there are programs out there for everyone to have a fair chance but that is normally Christian ran organizations. Very little protect our youth primarily because of the coaches and parents our children watch the behavior of adults who are supposed to be leaders and in return lash out exactly what they see although we play sports to win you should not live through our children but instead encourage them to be the best I possibly candy and have the opportunity to do that not every child will grow up to be a professional athlete we must keep that in mind.
Talking about being a Christian and resurrecting a hateful thread that died 2 years ago. Your going to hell for being one if those fake modern day Christians. What a dumb azz. People who claim to be Christians are normally the worst folks I know. Learn to live your faith and stop talking about it.
Disappointed Mom

Chicago, IL

#543 Sep 10, 2013
Beverly Hills A team Couch has disappointed a lot of parents already this year. This year is my sons 1st year of ever playing football. He doesn't know much about it, never played it nor really watches it, but he does want to LEARN how to play and to be the best that he can be. When I was deciding where I wanted to put him to play, everyone I know (except a couple) people suggested he play at DC. I gave him the choice and went with Blackhawks. He was excited to be on the team and be apart of it. At first it felt like a family environment. He goes to every practice early and stays late just practicing and try to learn. He is well aware as I am that he doesn't want to hold his team back because he has no experience and there are better players. The most disappointing thing to learn is that the A team is picked out before the season even began. They already had the team they wanted. They don't teach the kids HOW to play, but they play the ones that already know. They have an opportunity to work with these kids and bring out the best in them and work with their strengths and weaknesses. Some of these kids have such great potential. Instead of being so wrong and promising a kid they will get to play in the game if they practice hard and then not letting them play in the entire game and keeping the same exact players in is just wrong and breaks trust in their coaches word. My son wasn't mad and said he understood, but I can tell it makes him feel like he did all the hard work he does for nothing and makes him feel like he isn't apart of the team and now when he practices I can tell that he just isn't as interested as he was because he feels unwanted. Not only are they not playing players in the game but not allowing them to practice either. How is he suppose to learn? I would bet they could win more games if they actually coached (taught) instead of taking the easy road.
wg

United States

#544 Sep 10, 2013
Disappointed Mom wrote:
Beverly Hills A team Couch has disappointed a lot of parents already this year. This year is my sons 1st year of ever playing football. He doesn't know much about it, never played it nor really watches it, but he does want to LEARN how to play and to be the best that he can be. When I was deciding where I wanted to put him to play, everyone I know (except a couple) people suggested he play at DC. I gave him the choice and went with Blackhawks. He was excited to be on the team and be apart of it. At first it felt like a family environment. He goes to every practice early and stays late just practicing and try to learn. He is well aware as I am that he doesn't want to hold his team back because he has no experience and there are better players. The most disappointing thing to learn is that the A team is picked out before the season even began. They already had the team they wanted. They don't teach the kids HOW to play, but they play the ones that already know. They have an opportunity to work with these kids and bring out the best in them and work with their strengths and weaknesses. Some of these kids have such great potential. Instead of being so wrong and promising a kid they will get to play in the game if they practice hard and then not letting them play in the entire game and keeping the same exact players in is just wrong and breaks trust in their coaches word. My son wasn't mad and said he understood, but I can tell it makes him feel like he did all the hard work he does for nothing and makes him feel like he isn't apart of the team and now when he practices I can tell that he just isn't as interested as he was because he feels unwanted. Not only are they not playing players in the game but not allowing them to practice either. How is he suppose to learn? I would bet they could win more games if they actually coached (taught) instead of taking the easy road.
You're probably the mom that came on the field screaming and acting like an idiot. If so your son said he didn't want to play and you and your pos husband are making him. The coaches do a good job but they can't play a kid who doesn't want to play or doesn't pay attention because he will get hurt by not paying attention in the game.
1 post removed
Disappointed Mom

Chicago, IL

#546 Sep 10, 2013
No, I'm not that mom, Im sorry that your guess as wrong. I have noticed you are alway quick to make excuses or to defend everything that is posted, must mean either 1) you are the team mon which doesn't seem to really care about the team, but certain players like the coach, you all must know each other personally. 2) One of those moms that has a child that plays in every game and was on the team before it started or 3) all the above. And if you would have actually read what I wrote then you would have known that he DOES want to play. He wants to learn how and be worked with. He learns nothing at practice because they don't even allow him to practice. Kids learn at the games and at practice and he has done either. So you can say what you want to justify what is going on but that doesn't mean it is right. Also I hope it makes you feel better inside because it isn't hard to tell what kind of person you are when you are always in defense mode and have no interest in working with anybody.you would think if there has been this many problems with the team then obviously something isn't right, but you don't see one person saying "ok what can we do to make it better" "I will listen to suggestions" " we are a team and work together" there is no team. If the other players aren't wanted they should have just stopped allowing sign ups after they got the ones they wanted. Not only that, my son an I both understand he isn't as good as most, but he is still part of the team and that is how he should be treated
Disappointed Mom

Chicago, IL

#547 Sep 10, 2013
In other words instead of uniting the team he is dividing the team. Some of those kids have real potential and could be super great at the game, but their coach doesn't want to teach or coach and work with them, he only wants to deal with the few kids that have had lots of playing time and don't need much help. Laziness and sad.i know a professional football player and he was appalled by what I told him and what he said was "that is where the fundamentals start, yea I can understand they want to win, but eventually those few people they play will get tired and burnt out and they loose the sense of what is important. They need to be taught that each and every player has something good to bring to the table and if I sit out on the sidelines the whole game I'm ok with it because I am contracted and that's what I get paid to do, but I never would have gotten to where I am if my talent wasn't noticed by someone else." I agree completely. We don't want our teams to loose of course, but we just want every member of it to learn and feel apart of it and wanted. If they aren't wanted they need to speak up even my football friend suggested DC, but I still have faith and he won't give up on his coach or team.
My kids are older

Lavalette, WV

#548 Sep 10, 2013
Dear Disappointed Mom.

You are not doing yourself or your son any favors by coming on here and anonymously posting negative things about the coaches.

Real adults talk in person, not anonymously on some blog.

This is very childlike. I cannot imagine posting on topix to complain about little league football. Seems immature to me.
1 post removed
coach doe

Chicago, IL

#550 Sep 10, 2013
Paragraphs

Are

Your

Friend
wg

United States

#551 Sep 10, 2013
Disappointed Mom wrote:
In other words instead of uniting the team he is dividing the team. Some of those kids have real potential and could be super great at the game, but their coach doesn't want to teach or coach and work with them, he only wants to deal with the few kids that have had lots of playing time and don't need much help. Laziness and sad.i know a professional football player and he was appalled by what I told him and what he said was "that is where the fundamentals start, yea I can understand they want to win, but eventually those few people they play will get tired and burnt out and they loose the sense of what is important. They need to be taught that each and every player has something good to bring to the table and if I sit out on the sidelines the whole game I'm ok with it because I am contracted and that's what I get paid to do, but I never would have gotten to where I am if my talent wasn't noticed by someone else." I agree completely. We don't want our teams to loose of course, but we just want every member of it to learn and feel apart of it and wanted. If they aren't wanted they need to speak up even my football friend suggested DC, but I still have faith and he won't give up on his coach or team.
I'm sorry I confused you for the wrong person. I think youth league is where they learn fundamentals and every child should have the same opportunities to play. Coaches should work with every child in practice not just a select few. Again I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Disappointed Mom

Chicago, IL

#552 Sep 10, 2013
My kids are older wrote:
Dear Disappointed Mom.
You are not doing yourself or your son any favors by coming on here and anonymously posting negative things about the coaches.
Real adults talk in person, not anonymously on some blog.
This is very childlike. I cannot imagine posting on topix to complain about little league football. Seems immature to me.
This situation was handled in person and the coach was talked to, but he seems to think that because he has done wrong for so many years that it's ok and the matter of public opinion goes a long way. Other parents should know and anyone that is lookig for information about it deserves to know as well. We aren't looking for any favors, just putting it out there, no need to keep any secrets. What is childish is to how the children are treated, but that is ok I suppose
My kids are older

Lavalette, WV

#553 Sep 10, 2013
Disappointed Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
This situation was handled in person and the coach was talked to, but he seems to think that because he has done wrong for so many years that it's ok and the matter of public opinion goes a long way. Other parents should know and anyone that is lookig for information about it deserves to know as well. We aren't looking for any favors, just putting it out there, no need to keep any secrets. What is childish is to how the children are treated, but that is ok I suppose
If what you allege is true, it is not ok.

If you are the "beacon of hope", have the courage to post your name to "get it out there".

I stand by what I wrote earlier and still think you are being immature by anonymously posting on here.

I feel sad that your child has a parent with no courage. Someone really trying to bring forth change would be brave enough to use their real name.
Disappointed Mom

Chicago, IL

#554 Sep 10, 2013
My kids are older wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you allege is true, it is not ok.
If you are the "beacon of hope", have the courage to post your name to "get it out there".
I stand by what I wrote earlier and still think you are being immature by anonymously posting on here.
I feel sad that your child has a parent with no courage. Someone really trying to bring forth change would be brave enough to use their real name.
This will be my last time responding to anything you have to say. I do not need to post my name so that my child can be treated worse then what he had been nor do I need to post my name to single out my child and make it herder for him then it already is. What I wanted to say is out there, but not only by me but other parents as well. I said what I had to say and will leave it at that. I have no need to argue with anyone. What is sad is the fact that my child has faith in his coach even when he has been treated like he has. What is immature is for you to attempt to argue with me as an anonymous user on this when there was no need to. What I said us said. I have nothing else that needs said so I will leave it at that. Take Care
parent

United States

#555 Sep 11, 2013
IM pretty sure I know who this is and she is not weak they are good people that just want a fare shake for there son!
Hahahaahahaahhhh hhhaaaaaa

Huntington, WV

#556 Sep 11, 2013
Go to Bville!
3 posts removed
Dan Cooper

Allison Park, PA

#560 Sep 15, 2013
Beverly Hills has a better A-team than DC. Maybe asking for some extra practice tips could help get some playing time. I've seen both sides. It's hard to watch your child get by-passed when he wants to play so badly. It's also difficult to know your child has worked hard season after season in heat, rain, snow, etc to improve, and then split field time with a child that has been less committed. It's difficult both ways. One sees missed potential from lack of coaching attention. The other sees lack of payoff from the countless hours spent leading up to now. Please just understand, the coach is stuck between those two positions.
loving parent

Waynesboro, VA

#561 Nov 25, 2013
You people say what you want to say about the A-team coaches! I have been at games in which the coach on defense has called a timeout and taken the entire defense off the field to put other kids in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best place to get weed in Huntington (Mar '12) 15 min Matt 36
Are there any bi girls out there 16 min MarkJ- 2
They are who we thought they were 19 min MarkJ- 14
Special Metals layoff 20 min Dr Smartypants 18
dollar general girl 39 min MarkJ- 4
Happy Birthday!! 1 hr MarkJ- 1
Amy Bledsoe 2 hr gorf 9
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE