Woman Charged With Murder In Connecti...

Woman Charged With Murder In Connection With Overdose Death

There are 30 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from May 14, 2014, titled Woman Charged With Murder In Connection With Overdose Death. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

A Huntington woman is charged with murder in connection with the overdose death of another woman in February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not right

Lynchburg, VA

#1 May 15, 2014
I understand something has to be done about te drug problem . But...... The fact that rach was injected hours before her death shows me that it was not against her will.... Had misty not assisted her she would have dug u till she got it with the same results. Misty obviously needs some kinda rehab and maybe a drug charge but murder is insain! Racheals mother posted in fb it was a accident and nothing is suggesting otherwise . Orphaning 4 kids to their abusive and drug addicted ( doesn't want help) father is not the way to do this. Rach was just as much a parent to them to . Were jst destroying more lives .
interested

Huntington, WV

#2 May 15, 2014
Not right wrote:
I understand something has to be done about te drug problem . But...... The fact that rach was injected hours before her death shows me that it was not against her will.... Had misty not assisted her she would have dug u till she got it with the same results. Misty obviously needs some kinda rehab and maybe a drug charge but murder is insain! Racheals mother posted in fb it was a accident and nothing is suggesting otherwise . Orphaning 4 kids to their abusive and drug addicted ( doesn't want help) father is not the way to do this. Rach was just as much a parent to them to . Were jst destroying more lives .
I agree it's not right! Police in this area especially HPD are scared to death of drug dealers! They are more like traffic monitors rather than police officers. If you check statistics they bring in most of the money from traffic violations. Even though drugs are the REAL problem in this area. Authorities shouldn't be charging the gf in this case but rather going after the dealers!
Wow

Fairmont, WV

#3 May 15, 2014
They got the meds prescribed to them. Didn't they?
amazed

Barboursville, WV

#4 May 15, 2014
I agree it is a tragedy that Rachel lost her life but it's also insane to charge someone with murder when they were both drug addicts to begin with.... its not like she hog tied the girl and injected her with dope ...overdose was inevitable it just seem to happen this way...
Sorry for the loss on both ends. Rachel for her death and Misty bc she also lost her life and kids.(Sorry for the kids more than anything)
Just saying

Huntington, WV

#5 May 15, 2014
Wow wrote:
They got the meds prescribed to them. Didn't they?
What physician prescribes Roxy? That's what she was shooting into her arm.
interested

United States

#6 May 15, 2014
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>What physician prescribes Roxy? That's what she was shooting into her arm.
Exactly! If the dope was prescribed they authorities should go after the doctor!
So sad

Lynchburg, VA

#7 May 15, 2014
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
What physician prescribes Roxy? That's what she was shooting into her arm.
A bunch of em . VA tried to give em to me after back surgery . I refused ..... I'm not tryna join the addiction club!
Just saying

Bladensburg, MD

#8 May 16, 2014
So sad wrote:
<quoted text>A bunch of em . VA tried to give em to me after back surgery . I refused ..... I'm not tryna join the addiction club!
Name the Dr, not the facility.
interested

Huntington, WV

#9 May 16, 2014
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Name the Dr, not the facility.
Just curious... But are you asking so u can go visit the doctor? Because roxys to a war vet who just had back surgery would be acceptable. Not a twenty something with " back pain ".
Just saying

Huntington, WV

#10 May 16, 2014
interested wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious... But are you asking so u can go visit the doctor? Because roxys to a war vet who just had back surgery would be acceptable. Not a twenty something with " back pain ".
No, don't do drugs. Never have, never will. I just find it hard to believe one can get a script for Roxys.
interested

Huntington, WV

#11 May 16, 2014
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>No, don't do drugs. Never have, never will. I just find it hard to believe one can get a script for Roxys.
Yes I know it's crazy!! I've heard people go to Florida and get prescriptions of roxys for "back pain" maybe that's what they were doing? Still the authorities should go after the pill mills not the addicted gf.
City Guy

Fairmont, WV

#12 May 16, 2014
All pillheads and druggies need to die
ignorant

Fairmont, WV

#13 May 16, 2014
interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If the dope was prescribed they authorities should go after the doctor!
Thats a completely ignorant comment. I bet the prescription bottle didnt say crush tablets and inject into vein as needed. Docs write scripts with instructions to be taken at a safe and functional level. If a person ABUSES the prescription thats not the docs fault. Obviously you are just another lawsuit abusing hillbilly and that thinking is the EXACT reason all docs are leaving w.v..they can not afford the malpractice insurance. Just shut up!!
thatoneperson

Acme, PA

#14 May 16, 2014
Ckearly there's gotta be evidence or she wouldn't be charged. Wake up people! It may have been an accident, but if SHE injected her and she died, then it WAS her fault.
interested

Huntington, WV

#15 May 17, 2014
ignorant wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a completely ignorant comment. I bet the prescription bottle didnt say crush tablets and inject into vein as needed. Docs write scripts with instructions to be taken at a safe and functional level. If a person ABUSES the prescription thats not the docs fault. Obviously you are just another lawsuit abusing hillbilly and that thinking is the EXACT reason all docs are leaving w.v..they can not afford the malpractice insurance. Just shut up!!
Ok I'll agree with you. I did think of it like that. I was just thinking about pill mills from Florida. Thanks for your insight :)
interested

Huntington, WV

#16 May 17, 2014
thatoneperson wrote:
Ckearly there's gotta be evidence or she wouldn't be charged. Wake up people! It may have been an accident, but if SHE injected her and she died, then it WAS her fault.
I disagree. How can u hold another f'ed up person not in their right mind responsible?
thatoneperson

Mckeesport, PA

#17 May 17, 2014
interested wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. How can u hold another f'ed up person not in their right mind responsible?
If she had shot her while under the influence of drugs, we wouldn't say oh it's not her fault she was f'ed up would we?
interested

Huntington, WV

#18 May 17, 2014
thatoneperson wrote:
<quoted text>If she had shot her while under the influence of drugs, we wouldn't say oh it's not her fault she was f'ed up would we?
I'm sure her defense attorney would.
lol

Proctorville, OH

#19 May 17, 2014
interested wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. How can u hold another f'ed up person not in their right mind responsible?
Because she had a responsibility not to get f'ed up in the first place. Play with drugs and you should face legal hardships. Period.
interested

Huntington, WV

#20 May 17, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Because she had a responsibility not to get f'ed up in the first place. Play with drugs and you should face legal hardships. Period.
Did you know that addiction is now considered a disease?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marshall Rape 8 min wtf 5
for black people 11 min alt black 32
Why does the media protect blacks (Jan '15) 12 min l m f a o 47
We observe General Robert E Lee Day 39 min Drax 5
That a boy Trump 39 min The Responsible N... 10
Liberals Claiming to be Against Trump's "Fascis... 59 min face palm 18
Where is fresh fart monday 1 hr Jody 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance