whos running for Magistrate

whos running for Magistrate

Posted in the Huntington Forum

?

Reston, VA

#1 Feb 28, 2012
Would someone please let me know who all is running ? Looking for a fair person I can help vote in.
yup

Reston, VA

#2 Feb 29, 2012
Opal
Saunders good lady.

“Loyal to my roots”

Level 5

Since: Sep 11

Guyandotte of Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 29, 2012
[QUOTE who="?"]Would someone please let me know who all is running ? Looking for a fair person I can help vote in.[/QUOTE]

Magistrate (7 seats)- Democratic Primary
Opal Opal Boling Sanders (D)
Darrell Black (i)(D)
Johnny McCallister (i)(D)
Dan Goheen (i)(D)
Johnny Ray Rice II (D)
Gary Ray Hale (D)
John Dennison (D)
^All 7 of my choices^

Left over:
David Beckett (D)
Tom Bevins (D)
Scott Bias (D)

“Loyal to my roots”

Level 5

#4 Feb 29, 2012
Opals name posted twice by mistake. Sorry :)
I guess shes so nice it said it twice :)
hoodoo

Huntington, WV

#5 Mar 8, 2012
Darell Black,Johnny Mcalister,Dan Goheen,Patty Verbage,Ron Baumgardner all are near 65 years old,they all have been down there for the past 8 to 12 years ,if you want a change dont vote for them,you know the sayin about insanity ;is doing the same thing over and over agian a expecting a different result...Mike Woefel has been down there 8 years and Johnny Ray Rice is the son of John Rice there both about 40 and they seem like the top two canidates right now,the rest of the canidates havn't ever been elected but they are also ready for retirement except for the Qualls guy who got arrested for something a couple weeks ago,I think He's about 30...I have a friend in the democratic women's club of Huntington and she told me that they all think Rice and Woefel are pretty much automatic and the rest is just a toss up...Just sayin...all yeah there's 21 canidates running for the office...
1 post removed

“Loyal to my roots”

Level 5

#7 Mar 8, 2012
Darla Valentine wrote:
Yesh vote for another crooked Rice to fill the position. How is that Guyandotte restoration going? All I see is more and more houses falling apart daily....on Main Street. Guyandotte association my ass. Hopefully the rest of G-dotte isn't stupid enough to vote like you. Black is also crooked with a family full of criminals.
I have recently changed my vote around about 2 weeks ago after reading further information. Either way they can not bring back the chain gang so we are screwed because if sitting in jail scared these people they would not keep going back so often. I think community service should be a requirement at least 8 hours day 7 days a week while their stay in jail or prison. Hard work will scare anyone straight these days it seems.

Scott Bias (D)
Dan Goheen (i)(D)
Tom Bevins (D)
Gary Ray Hale (D)
John Dennison (D)
^All 7 of my choices^
URSoRight

Huntington, WV

#8 Mar 8, 2012
Darla Valentine wrote:
Yesh vote for another crooked Rice to fill the position. How is that Guyandotte restoration going? All I see is more and more houses falling apart daily....on Main Street. Guyandotte association my ass. Hopefully the rest of G-dotte isn't stupid enough to vote like you. Black is also crooked with a family full of criminals.
THANK YOU!!! It's good to know I am not the only one. BTW, "Guyandotte Association", you can't "judge" your own posts, so I want you to notice that I judged this person "Brilliant and Agree".

See, STUPID, there is MORE THAN ONE PERSON THAT KNOWS YOU ARE ALL FULL OF BS!!! We're talkin' to you, Miss Dempsey and friends. I know so much that I won't say, because I'm trying hard to be a lady and not air dirty laundry, but I get more tempted every day to start stringing it out in the street. Remember the dirty laundry that you all thought looked so "cute" strung back and forth across Main Street for your little hillbilly hoedown Swinefest? It'll look worse than that.
warden

Northville, MI

#9 Mar 8, 2012
Lovingmysunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I have recently changed my vote around about 2 weeks ago after reading further information. Either way they can not bring back the chain gang so we are screwed because if sitting in jail scared these people they would not keep going back so often. I think community service should be a requirement at least 8 hours day 7 days a week while their stay in jail or prison. Hard work will scare anyone straight these days it seems.

Scott Bias (D)
Dan Goheen (i)(D)
Tom Bevins (D)
Gary Ray Hale (D)
John Dennison (D)
^All 7 of my choices^
I have worked in the jail setting and max security prison system. Criminals are criminals nothing scares them straight. We need someone who is going to follow laws that State of Wv has made for them and not use personal beliefs or the who knows who card. Cabell county has always been a good ole boy county, think it's time to change it.

“Loyal to my roots”

Level 5

#10 Mar 8, 2012
warden wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked in the jail setting and max security prison system. Criminals are criminals nothing scares them straight. We need someone who is going to follow laws that State of Wv has made for them and not use personal beliefs or the who knows who card. Cabell county has always been a good ole boy county, think it's time to change it.
I agree with you. No one should get favors family or not etc. I have read and read about these candidates trying to make sure I choose wisely. I know too many people that I went to school with that have got off the hook over and over again. And most end up doing something worse the second and third time around when there should not even be a second time.
1 post removed
A friend

Barboursville, WV

#12 Mar 8, 2012
Vote for Danne Vnce

“Loyal to my roots”

Level 5

#13 Mar 8, 2012
BusyBusyBusy wrote:
<quoted text>
Between Topix, Craigslist, FB (and all the FB games you play), playing cards, gambling, "improving and Beautifying Guyandotte" (what a joke!), staying up all night with "insomnia" lol, "work", yeah, right, and your "community organizing" trying to influence voters....where in heck do you find the time to bathe and feed that youngin? How does a busy gal like you find the time to squeeze in quality time with your child? Please. Is this how you make use of government subsidy day care? I thought that was provided for working mothers.
He has not been to day care in over a week. When he goes he stays no more then 3 hours if I am not working. I play cards maybe 3 or 4 times in the month, I do not get on Craigslist anymore, I sleep maybe 3 hours a night. I do most of the stuff at night while my child is asleep. I spend plenty of quality time with my child if you look at my fb I take lots of pictures. I take him to the play ground, we watch movies and tv together, he still sleeps beside me, I take him to circus, monster trucks and etc and I can say that because I did take him to events last year the events for this year are just starting up. I was working 60 hours a week were I had no time to see my baby boy so I slowed down and got down to 11 hours a week because I am trying to get work closer to home to cut down that extra time. My car just broke down what a week or less ago so I have not been working since last Wednesday. I could take the bus so I am trying to find some work because the work I do now involves taking people to the grocery store and stuff and my client did not want to go on a bus so she got a new worker. Theres time. Right now between topix and fb I am loading my dish washer, folding and hanging clothes and rearranging my room while my little one watch his movie. Usually he helps me with cleaning because he loves to help out but I guess he is taking the day off... Its called multitask.
1 post removed
Toughcreek

United States

#15 Mar 8, 2012
I'm listening to anyone who can't spell when it comes to selecting a candidate. The only magistrate that is there now that deserves to be re-elected is Mike Woelfel. I agree that since a few of the present magistrates are retiring it would be nice to get a few new ones in there, bit it seems everyone running either is unqualified or lacks experience.
2 posts removed
A friend

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Mar 8, 2012
You all have left out Mr. Timothy Fox who is also running for magistrate. One hell of a guy n would most definitely be good for the position.
1 post removed
just me

United States

#20 Mar 8, 2012
Johnny Bowman is the right man for the job give him your vote
hoodoo

Colonial Heights, VA

#21 Apr 10, 2012
Darla Valentine wrote:
;The fact of the matter is John Rice's son Has never been in office and has no "criminal background record" so how is it that he is a crooked candidate? If you have a valid answer I would love to hear it.Its your right to vote for whoever you like ,but don't be shocked when people don't agree with you when you call them stupid and then base your reasoning on speculations, For example; Rice's son is crooked because of your opinion of the former Magistrate Rice,and your only reasoning he is a crook is they are father and son.One more question,are you blaming the restoration of Guyandotte on either Rice's because the last I heard was city restorations and improvements were the responsibility of the Mayor's office.So vote for who you choose to ,but don't bash other candidates that you don't know or issues you know nothing about.
Hmmmm

Proctorville, OH

#22 Apr 10, 2012
Dan Goheen gets my vote he isn't in office to be everyone's friend, he is there to enforce the laws.
tampax

Fostoria, OH

#23 Apr 10, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
Dan Goheen gets my vote he isn't in office to be everyone's friend, he is there to enforce the laws.
This dude is a dirty douche!!!!
curious

Charleston, WV

#24 Apr 12, 2012
Im voting for Rice he is a great guy I have known him 20+ years he would make a great magistrate!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who farted at the stripbar last night (Jul '15) 18 min Dude 8
Trump is toast 24 min Walter 20
Its not racism, we just want a clean community 33 min ewww 88
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 38 min Hickabilly BR549 1,341
Michael Paul Obsessed with his ex 45 min ha ha 3
Anthony "Peanut" Cremeans (Nov '11) 1 hr Sunny Days 5
tom mccalaster for mayor 1 hr Mr Lazer finger 94
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages