HPD guarding someone at ICU

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Who are two HPD officers guarding at St Marys ICU.
That person must be important.
Well

Logan, WV

#2 Dec 31, 2012
The person might have been injured when arrested and if that is the case the Regional Jail Authority will not take custody of them until they have been treated.
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Dec 31, 2012
2 officers? and now WVSP too.
Sounds like a high value target.
hello

Huntington, WV

#4 Dec 31, 2012
Max wrote:
Who are two HPD officers guarding at St Marys ICU.
That person must be important.
Sounds like ur a nosey f**k
dumby

Manakin Sabot, VA

#5 Jan 1, 2013
It's illegal to releases that kinda info n every person that'workedv healthcare knows they'd rather be safe than violate hippa laws and get fired and subject to prosecution just to answer Ur question. Wrong place to ask befriend one of em where it's not so public
Dating

Daniels, WV

#6 Jan 1, 2013
It's probably a mafia person
Mandy

Huntington, WV

#7 Jan 1, 2013
Someone to important to mention on this site. Lets not forget Hippa laws people. Smmc staff are suppose to be professional. I can't wait til u get fired!!!
I'm Your Rubber Man

Huntington, WV

#8 Jan 1, 2013
Mandy wrote:
Someone to important to mention on this site. Lets not forget Hippa laws people. Smmc staff are suppose to be professional. I can't wait til u get fired!!!
If a name is mentioned, how do you know it's a smmc employee?
When my dad was a pt in NICU, I would talk to other pt's family members & by the time my dad was D/C, we all were friends...as a matter of fact one guy was my dad's roomy @ the rehab facility. People, not just employees, talk.
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Jan 1, 2013
HIPPA laws do not apply to persons other than hospital staff.
Idiots

South Point, OH

#10 Jan 1, 2013
Max wrote:
HIPPA laws do not apply to persons other than hospital staff.
Convited criminals do not have protected rights such as HIPPA. Once convicted, it's public knowledge. I would still think St. Mary's employees professionalism would prevent them from gossiping!
Mandy

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Jan 1, 2013
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Convited criminals do not have protected rights such as HIPPA. Once convicted, it's public knowledge. I would still think St. Mary's employees professionalism would prevent them from gossiping!
Agreed!
hillbilly

United States

#12 Jan 1, 2013
HE IS FROM MARS I SEEN HIM LAND ,HE BROKE HIS 9NTH WING.THEY HAD TOO CUT IT OFF.POOR FELLA
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Jan 1, 2013
So you're saying that the person of interest is a "Convicted Criminal"?
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Jan 1, 2013
It is obvious that someone in ICU would not be an escape risk, so the officers must be there to protect the patient.
Does this sound about right?
Truth Flinger

Logan, WV

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Max wrote:
It is obvious that someone in ICU would not be an escape risk, so the officers must be there to protect the patient.
Does this sound about right?
If an Inmate is in the hosptial, ICU or not, there will be an armed guard.
motellun

Ardsley, NY

#16 Jan 1, 2013
Truth Flinger wrote:
<quoted text>If an Inmate is in the hosptial, ICU or not, there will be an armed guard.
There was a under cover cop that got ran over trying to apprehend a shoplifter. Says he's in charleston but the media can't trust em
Runfor the border

Hamlin, WV

#17 Jan 1, 2013
I heard they had an al quaida terrorist at the hospital they were guarding. He has to go back to gitmo bay.

Springfield, NJ

#18 Jan 1, 2013
It's HIPAA, not HIPPA.
Wrong

Knox City, TX

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. When an inmate is brought in, their name is hidden in the system and nobody is allowed to tell anyone that inmate is there. Authorities make that decision and if it is okay with them (when the majority of the time it is not), then people can be notified. So an inmate does not lose his/her privacy by being an inmate. If anything, they are more protected because staff cannot tell you that they are there! Inmates lose rights, but not this one. The reason for this is to protect the inmate and prevent any escape planned or any family member causing a scene. Inmates are in the custody of the county, state, etc and the officer with them makes decisions. So yes, HIPPA does apply to them as well.

If the inmate has been convicted, he/she still has HIPPA rights in any medical facility. If you practiced the way that you should, you would know this. You can actually go to jail if you release information on any inmate for security reasons as well.
Wrong

Knox City, TX

#20 Jan 1, 2013
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. When an inmate is brought in, their name is hidden in the system and nobody is allowed to tell anyone that inmate is there. Authorities make that decision and if it is okay with them (when the majority of the time it is not), then people can be notified. So an inmate does not lose his/her privacy by being an inmate. If anything, they are more protected because staff cannot tell you that they are there! Inmates lose rights, but not this one. The reason for this is to protect the inmate and prevent any escape planned or any family member causing a scene. Inmates are in the custody of the county, state, etc and the officer with them makes decisions. So yes, HIPPA does apply to them as well.
If the inmate has been convicted, he/she still has HIPPA rights in any medical facility. If you practiced the way that you should, you would know this. You can actually go to jail if you release information on any inmate for security reasons as well.
Since we have a "teacher" on board, I guess that I should spell HIPAA correctly. I dont look at the letters daily because I simply practice the laws and I dont read it so I often misspell it myself....LOL.... Some people have nothing better to do! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name one place you'd like to see a racist white... 3 min Frederick A 36
Mayor Steve Williams is a terrible POS 16 min randy 19
marshall 21 min wert 18
Religious bible thumpers who are terrible people 1 hr Nancy 111
Panties for sale 3 hr b a barackus 17
avengers motorcycle club (Nov '11) 5 hr nimisus769 247
April Morales 6 hr pril 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages