First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Springfield 1911

United States

#25 Oct 10, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont use ball ammo i use semi wad cutter.
I dont care what leo uses. In my experience hollow points jam and they dont penetrate well. Hollow points are a gimmick that the inexperienced buy into. If you like them keep using them. Id rather have a reliable half inch hole myself. I learned that from my grandfather, who was a cop.
Hollow points a gimmick?? I guarantee you a .45 firing an XTP HP at 900fps will most assuredly punch a 1/2" hole in flesh every time. If you've had problems with HP bullets jamming you have an issue with your weapon. Ball ammo is good for target practice. I would never carry that in my gun for self defense.
Silent majority

United States

#26 Oct 11, 2013
Springfield 1911 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollow points a gimmick?? I guarantee you a .45 firing an XTP HP at 900fps will most assuredly punch a 1/2" hole in flesh every time. If you've had problems with HP bullets jamming you have an issue with your weapon. Ball ammo is good for target practice. I would never carry that in my gun for self defense.
Hollow points dont go thru thick flight jackets or car doors...penetration is diminished. Men have been killing each other in wars for years without hollow points...Hollow points lack energy and there is no exit wound. Hollow points have more recoil and follow up shots are slower..My grandpa always said two shots are better than one.

Once again, i dont use "ball ammo"...

JHP are illegal in some cities....

There is nothing wrong with my gun...JHP have always had feeding issues. Its common knowledge.

http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense...

Heres an excerpt:

In pistol calibers, expanding hollowpoints are preferred to create the largest permanent wound cavity possible. There are a lot of people who pick a load without adequately researching the ammo they trust their life on. The Federal Hydra-Shock is one such example. It was the whiz-bang bullet of its time, but has since been eclipsed by many other bullet designs. The principal weakness of that round are its lack of expansion AFTER PASSING THRU CLOTHING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'It's very humbling,' Huntington fire chief say... 2 min FOX Breaking News 4
Russia navy ready for WAR. 5 min gary 70
election (Nov '12) 12 min gary 3
News Huntington Police Bust Prostitutes on Sixth Avenue (Oct '15) 13 min ThatGuy 11
spring planting time 52 min gary 215
I Spit on American Troops Who Cant Wait Till... 1 hr southern at heart 116
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr Ques 4,464

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages