Student

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 25, 2013
Does anyone know when they will start dispersing loans?
1 post removed
Nov

Charleston, WV

#3 Oct 25, 2013
People gotta have some place to live to go to school. I get it. You should have your money no later than 10 business days from Oct 31.
Clowns

United States

#4 Nov 6, 2013
This place is a joke, i have a 4.0 gpa and i need my student loan. Ive caled them and they say 10 business days. So I call the student loan department and they say we should have already got them because was sent them last week. Also with one of them I'm already getting intrest on and still haven't got my money, MCTC is a joke I will going to another college after this term.
Clowns

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2013
Clowns wrote:
This place is a joke, i have a 4.0 gpa and i need my student loan. Ive caled them and they say 10 business days. So I call the student loan department and they say we should have already got them because was sent them last week. Also with one of them I'm already getting intrest on and still haven't got my money, MCTC is a joke I will going to another college after this term.

I agree with you, the school can not give you a reason why it takes 10 businesa days. The aid people are a joke. They just quote a from a computer screen and can not give you a legit reason it takes so long.
Awful

Lynchburg, VA

#6 Nov 6, 2013
They have horrible customer service for their students. No one knows anything if you can even get someone to ask a question. They really need to work on this before they lose more students. They are holding your money to draw interest themselves....

Since: Nov 13

Huntington, WV

#7 Nov 6, 2013
Yea the school is a joke. I left there two years ago, after i had a blow up with them over my loan money. Just exuse after exuse. I went to hjc and got my degree and my money on time... I tell everyone that mctc is a joke and not too waste time with them.
i know

Huntington, WV

#8 Nov 6, 2013
If so many students were not breaking the rules for financial aid this wouldn't even be an issue. Financial aid is meant to help you get through college not to be a free few months of money. If so many hadn't abused this before you, you would not have to wait until after midterms for a refund.
money

Huntington, WV

#9 Nov 6, 2013
Anyone still waiting on a loan check at this point is a first semester student and more than likely means you are enrolled in college 101. The financial aid counselors have been to that class twice to explain the process to you. Maybe you should go to class and listen!
Jen

Charleston, WV

#10 Nov 6, 2013
I am a Beacon student and still haven't got my funds....

Portage, MI

#11 Nov 6, 2013
money wrote:
Anyone still waiting on a loan check at this point is a first semester student and more than likely means you are enrolled in college 101. The financial aid counselors have been to that class twice to explain the process to you. Maybe you should go to class and listen!

Well actaully, i did and got my stuff done, but my friend goes there and he has still yet to get his money. They released it a week ago and still nothing to him. He's a great student and keeps a 4.0 and mctc can not explain why it take 10 business days. So fuck off money your probaly one of the people in mctc holding peoples money up gaining the intrest from it.

Portage, MI

#12 Nov 6, 2013
i know wrote:
If so many students were not breaking the rules for financial aid this wouldn't even be an issue. Financial aid is meant to help you get through college not to be a free few months of money. If so many hadn't abused this before you, you would not have to wait until after midterms for a refund.
Also midterms was over 3 weeks ago and still the money is being held. So now they need another exuse. They should just say, you can not get your loan money till your first term is up because its true the term is over in 3 weeks.

Portage, MI

#13 Nov 7, 2013
Jen wrote:
I am a Beacon student and still haven't got my funds....
Did you get yours yet?
Enjoy it

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Nov 7, 2013
Enjoy your "school money" you will be paying it back for the next thirty years.

Portage, MI

#15 Nov 7, 2013
Enjoy it wrote:
Enjoy your "school money" you will be paying it back for the next thirty years.
Actaully almost got it paid off in a little under two years, so keep your mouth shut.
Broke

Faber, VA

#16 Nov 7, 2013
Can I get a loan when you get your money?
Clowns

United States

#17 Nov 8, 2013
Well here it is again and still Mountwest, is still holding peoples money, I can not wait for these 3 weeks to be over, so I can be done with this school. The woman at the front desk is a joke and knows nothing about anything. Only she can say is 10 business days like a fucking recording over and over. So got into another school and start next term. Good bye MCTC, what a horrible experience I've had with the school.
Here is an idea

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Nov 8, 2013
Get a part time job and don't rely on student loans. There isn't a program at MCTC so difficult that you can't work while you are in school. Let this be a lesson, to not rely on loans and live school check to school check.
Tracey

Faber, VA

#19 Nov 8, 2013
I got mine today.

United States

#20 Nov 9, 2013
Here is an idea wrote:
Get a part time job and don't rely on student loans. There isn't a program at MCTC so difficult that you can't work while you are in school. Let this be a lesson, to not rely on loans and live school check to school check.

Well I work and go to school, so let this be a lesson to you. i wanted my money!!!! Why you ask because hey its mine. So let this be a lesson. You dont know peoples money situation and a full time job doesnt pay the bills, i usually work two but where im in school i needed my loan money to make up the difference. So mind your own business. You probaly live off from mom or dad
You still jonesin

Saint Albans, WV

#21 Nov 9, 2013
Got your money yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kierston @ GC 5 min Star of the post 13
favorite server at hibachi on 4th ave. (Jan '12) 16 min mark 16
Blue Collar Concerns 22 min curious 4
Trump's email scandal 1 hr MarkJ- 5
Trump is toast 1 hr MarkJ- 83
Its not racism, we just want a clean community 1 hr Frederick a 151
Lesage shooting 1 hr MarkJ- 13

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance