Big Sandy Superstore
Jon

Ashland, KY

#1 Oct 14, 2011
Just wondering how many other professional sales people have applied for jobs there and NOT been hired. I am in my 50's and am wondering how a 30 year professional sales person could been turned down for a job there when some of the people working there look like they are fresh out of jr. high!?????

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2011
Because they know an experienced sales person won't be happy with the pay. I used to know some people at 3 different locations.
Pay

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 17, 2011
Because they can work younger, less experienced people for less pay. Older experienced people are more likely to demand a fair salary and stand their ground. Younger people are sometimes desperate and willing to do whatever as long as they have a job.
Missy

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Oct 26, 2011
I worked there for three months believe me it was a joke!!!Heard they only want young ones because they pay their own health insurance and don't want people with a lot of medical problems.
Huntingtonian

Fairfield, VA

#5 Oct 26, 2011
Because there are plenty of people willing to do the work for 8 dollars an hour. The days of hiring experienced workers is officially over. The same is true in most professions at this point.
Just saying...

Reston, VA

#6 Oct 27, 2011
It might be because you went in there with a condescending "you owe me this job" attitude. Regardless of the age of the associates, they may be good salespeople. You are judging them the way you are assuming you were judged.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Jon wrote:
Just wondering how many other professional sales people have applied for jobs there and NOT been hired. I am in my 50's and am wondering how a 30 year professional sales person could been turned down for a job there when some of the people working there look like they are fresh out of jr. high!?????
Why pay you for what your worth when they can pay some kid outa high school minimum wage or whatever they pay him. Ecomnics.
Just saying...

Reston, VA

#8 Oct 28, 2011
FYI, in a sales position, everyone is pretty much paid the same regardless of experience or education. Your income is from commission. It doesn't benefit companies at all to hire "kids". It benefits them to hire personable people. Whatever reason they didn't like this guy had nothing to do with worrying about paying him.
truth hurts

Lancaster, OH

#9 Mar 7, 2014
Old people have the same me mentality. You act like the world owes you something just because your old. Not to mention your old asses just working because your bored. I don't know how many times I've heard "I don't need to work or the money, I'm just here to have something to do. " meanwhile there's a younger person needing the job your stealing from them. You old people just need to cut the me shift. Your no better than a 18 year old kid. If you don't need to work or the jobs not good enough for you.keep your old assessment home. Bottom line

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#10 Mar 8, 2014
The echo canyon that is Big Sandy would hire them out of the womb if they could. Younger= less pay, and thats all they care about. They rarely book the place, its a total joke of a venue. You are not even allowed to bring outside food service, I have had MANY friends who have had their personal belongings stolen from their employees.Its just another example of the "Walking Tall" mentality that pervades all around town. Nobody cares.
Big Sandy

Bladensburg, MD

#11 Mar 8, 2014
truth hurts wrote:
Old people have the same me mentality. You act like the world owes you something just because your old. Not to mention your old asses just working because your bored. I don't know how many times I've heard "I don't need to work or the money, I'm just here to have something to do. " meanwhile there's a younger person needing the job your stealing from them. You old people just need to cut the me shift. Your no better than a 18 year old kid. If you don't need to work or the jobs not good enough for you.keep your old assessment home. Bottom line
. We won't hire special needs people like you either.
gary

Minford, OH

#12 Mar 8, 2014
see you today at the arena.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Presidential Candidates Breakdown 8 min Grady 7
No one here identifies with Trump 19 min remote silence 8
tom mccalaster for mayor 43 min the infamous voter 26
It's YOUR Money ! We Pay The Higher Prices ! 1 hr lol 34
East End heroin overdose 1 hr Candra Gregory 44
for a black people 1 hr remote silence 373
Mud bogging and Concert weekends in southern ohio 1 hr don 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages