fire fighter arrested what do u think...

fire fighter arrested what do u think they should do

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
karon

Hurricane, WV

#1 Jan 14, 2013
WAYNE COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- A Huntington firefighter is on administrative leave after getting arrested on a number of charges Sunday night.

According to court documents from Wayne County, Shane Patrick Masters, 42, of Huntington, was arrested by Huntington Police after they were called to the 4500-block of Magazine Avenue concerning a man hiding in a backyard.

At the time, police said they were investigating a series of hit and runs where a driver hit two parked cars and a fence. Those crashes were along Devon Road, Vinson Road and Burlington Road at the intersection with Auburn Road.

Police say Masters approached them in the 400-block of Devon road and said, "I'm the driver of the truck, which wrecked, and I'm drunk."

Police say he admitted to drinking then driving, but also admitted to not drinking anything since wrecking.

The criminal complaint indicates that Masters blood alcohol level was .227. The legal limit is .08.

Police say, at the time of his arrest, Masters had 91 pieces of Xanax pills on him, adding up to about 53 whole pills.

Masters was video arraigned Monday morning in Wayne County. He is charged with DUI 0.15 or higher, destruction of property, possession of a controlled substance and three counts of leaving the scene of an accident. All the charges are misdemeanors.

Huntington Fire Chief Randy Ellis tells WSAZ.com that Masters is on administrative leave pending an investigation into the incident.

Masters has been on the fire department since January 2003.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
POPO

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 14, 2013
karon wrote:
WAYNE COUNTY, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- A Huntington firefighter is on administrative leave after getting arrested on a number of charges Sunday night.

According to court documents from Wayne County, Shane Patrick Masters, 42, of Huntington, was arrested by Huntington Police after they were called to the 4500-block of Magazine Avenue concerning a man hiding in a backyard.

At the time, police said they were investigating a series of hit and runs where a driver hit two parked cars and a fence. Those crashes were along Devon Road, Vinson Road and Burlington Road at the intersection with Auburn Road.

Police say Masters approached them in the 400-block of Devon road and said, "I'm the driver of the truck, which wrecked, and I'm drunk."

Police say he admitted to drinking then driving, but also admitted to not drinking anything since wrecking.

The criminal complaint indicates that Masters blood alcohol level was .227. The legal limit is .08.

Police say, at the time of his arrest, Masters had 91 pieces of Xanax pills on him, adding up to about 53 whole pills.

Masters was video arraigned Monday morning in Wayne County. He is charged with DUI 0.15 or higher, destruction of property, possession of a controlled substance and three counts of leaving the scene of an accident. All the charges are misdemeanors.

Huntington Fire Chief Randy Ellis tells WSAZ.com that Masters is on administrative leave pending an investigation into the incident.

Masters has been on the fire department since January 2003.

Keep clicking on WSAZ.com for the latest information.
He sounds like a real tool. A druggie and a drunk.
ohio boy

Madison, OH

#3 Jan 14, 2013
Sounds like he knows how to party.
Pizza man

United States

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Maybe wait to see if he is guilty first.
karon

Hurricane, WV

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Pizza man wrote:
Maybe wait to see if he is guilty first.
He admitted it so he's guilty
heather

Bluefield, WV

#6 Jan 14, 2013
sorry to say but my brother lives in that area and lets just say the news doesnt always reveal the truth if any of you are surprised, the cars he hit were actually moving ones not parked. its good no one was physically hurt, im sure his pride was, does he have a family? if feel for them if he does
Believer

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Jan 14, 2013

Conneaut Lake, PA

#8 Jan 14, 2013
karon wrote:
<quoted text>
He admitted it so he's guilty
He still gets his day in court, he has to be proven guilty first.
Shelly

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Jan 14, 2013
And why wasn't he charged possession with they intent 91 pieces huh sounds like he should had at least a felony on that one charge just sayin
Get Real

Richmond, KY

#10 Jan 14, 2013
Same thing as they would do to anyone else with the exception that he never works in public service again.
you dont know

Daniels, WV

#11 Jan 15, 2013
nothing will happen to him...the good ol' boy system at work...sit back and watch.
Rashawn Mcblacktarbaby

United States

#12 Jan 15, 2013
you dont know wrote:
nothing will happen to him...the good ol' boy system at work...sit back and watch.
Your right!
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Jan 15, 2013
He has several relatives on the fire department.
He is white.
Slap on wrist.
WhoCares

United States

#14 Jan 15, 2013
Firefighters are to be role models for our youth. He didnt just do one crime he did many. He should be fired from the fire dept no questions asked. Yes,..,I know we all make mistakes but that's alot of mistakes in one night. Don't want my children looking up to this man.
BigBully

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Jan 15, 2013
Max wrote:
He has several relatives on the fire department.
He is white.
Slap on wrist.
It's good to be white, except for affirmative action employment quotas, college acceptance quotas, minority education grants and always be called racist for firing a bad employee.
Max

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Jan 15, 2013
Is this the Masters that is a Captain?
He may retire before trial to save his pension.
jjj

Vinton, VA

#17 Jan 15, 2013
They should charge him with felony possession with intent like they would anyone else they caught with 53 pills!
Concealed Carrier

Huntington, WV

#18 Jan 15, 2013
jjj wrote:
They should charge him with felony possession with intent like they would anyone else they caught with 53 pills!
They should.
WoW 40

Allentown, PA

#19 Jan 15, 2013
He's been into crap like this since he was a teenager. He'll get off as usual.
motellun

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Jan 15, 2013
Agree. He should be let go. These are the people that come to save my wife or kids. Strung out on Xanax and drunk or coming in with a hangover. I teach my kids these are role models He hasn't showed that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The latest Huntington murder 4 min Loveyoutay 40
Baltimore Street drugs (Feb '17) 12 min 30th street 1,462
West Virginia Hospitals Fined Millions By Medic... 20 min JACHO10 20
3 shootings in 3 hours 27 min Spell much 36
America Held Hostage Day 328 30 min Reality 16
Letís bring in the Biker gangs to desolve the s... 34 min Reality 12
Michael Jackson is the first trans-racia 48 min Reality 2
Buy your assault rifle today 1 hr Bert 241
National guard coming to huntington 1 hr lol 30
another muder at the huntington mart just happen 12 hr Bob 33