Posted in the Huntington Forum

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 152 of152
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
excellent

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Mar 19, 2013
 
lol wrote:
Working union = oxymoron
lol. funny post rofl.
Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#156
Mar 19, 2013
 
Learn about workers rights before unions. They evolved for a reason. There were lots of men missing body parts, exposed to danger and getting fired at 50 or after injury. Better unions go too far than business that only cares about profit.
tommy

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157
Mar 20, 2013
 
pinkfleur wrote:
Learn about workers rights before unions. They evolved for a reason. There were lots of men missing body parts, exposed to danger and getting fired at 50 or after injury. Better unions go too far than business that only cares about profit.
wrong. might of been like that decades ago but not anymore. the unions are a huge reason American made products cost so much and they really dont do better work than non union workers. they are ruining the economy.
fatman in the party van

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158
Mar 20, 2013
 
What do u do for a living tommy?
Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Mar 20, 2013
 
tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong. might of been like that decades ago but not anymore. the unions are a huge reason American made products cost so much and they really dont do better work than non union workers. they are ruining the economy.
Yes, pay americans chinese wages and business will thrive. But workers here couldn't affort to buy what they produce so our economy tanks.
Economics Professor

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Mar 20, 2013
 
pinkfleur wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, pay americans chinese wages and business will thrive. But workers here couldn't affort to buy what they produce so our economy tanks.
China's economy is likely to surpass the United States in less than two decades while Asia will overtake North America and Europe combined in global power by 2030.

Please educate yourself.
Economics Professor

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

fatman in the party van wrote:
What do u do for a living tommy?
He probably worked on the dock, until the union went on strike then he got down on his luck it's tough, so tough.(could not resist lol. sorry). Nothing wrong with a little humor.
Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Economics Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
China's economy is likely to surpass the United States in less than two decades while Asia will overtake North America and Europe combined in global power by 2030.
Please educate yourself.
Chinas economy does not reflect the living standard of its citizens the way ours does. Not even close. I've known this for a while.
Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163
Mar 20, 2013
 
Economics Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
China's economy is likely to surpass the United States in less than two decades while Asia will overtake North America and Europe combined in global power by 2030.
Please educate yourself.
People in China can't be oppressed forever by conservative thinking that promotes business profit over people.
lol

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Mar 20, 2013
 
Economics Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably worked on the dock, until the union went on strike then he got down on his luck it's tough, so tough.(could not resist lol. sorry). Nothing wrong with a little humor.
Gotta hold on to what we got.
singing

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Mar 20, 2013
 
Gina works the diner all day Working for her man, she brings home her pay For love - for love She says we've got to hold on to what we've got Cause it doesn't make a difference If we make it or not We've got each other and that's a lot For love - well give it a shot Chorus: Whooah, we're half way there Livin on a prayer Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear Livin on a prayer 

Now guys look what the union did to tommy and gina, you want that happening to you and your love?
anti union

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Apr 8, 2013
 
Unionized labor has been indirectly responsible for jobs moving overseas. It started in the early 70s with steel and cars, then textiles, etc. In some cases bad management notwithstanding, unions are the common denominator in the movement of manufacturing jobs offshore. The truth hurts, especially if one has an emotional investment in the contrary

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 152 of152
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min George 43,279
I wanna be a republican 11 min uncle sugar 35
First state bank 18 min Tom 13
Angie Pruitt 32 min what 28
Special Metals going to close Huntington shop 33 min anonymous90 26
abusive teacher at bville elementary 36 min rusty 14
Blacks destroy neighborhoods 42 min lol2 22
Christ Temple Crazies (Jun '13) 6 hr SAD 102
•••

Freeze Warning for Cabell County was issued at April 16 at 8:57PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••