Strange Light in the Sky

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 27, 2011
Did anyone see a strange light in the skies over the Chesapeake / North Huntington Heights area today (Feb 27)?

The sky was overcast and the sun wasn't visible. This was brighter than any star or the moon and roughly in between the size of the moon or a star. It was smaller than the sun and not as bright.

There were others stopping to look. Tell me what you saw.
1 post removed
hmm

Ashley, MI

#3 Feb 27, 2011
Any one else see this?
Miss Practicality

South Hill, VA

#4 Feb 27, 2011
I have several friends who insist there is a lot of UFO activity here. Mostly over Guyandotte. That should explain a lot.
B_Rand_On

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 27, 2011
Fried. Most def.
1 post removed
buck

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 28, 2011
My wife and I saw what we think were extremely bright meteors around 7:45 pm last night in the southern Adirondacks. They were moving in a circular pattern, about 10 of them.
wes

Ashley, MI

#8 Feb 28, 2011
buck wrote:
My wife and I saw what we think were extremely bright meteors around 7:45 pm last night in the southern Adirondacks. They were moving in a circular pattern, about 10 of them.
How does a meteor move in a circular pattern
Anonymous

United States

#9 Feb 28, 2011
wes wrote:
<quoted text>How does a meteor move in a circular pattern
The actual meteors don't move in a circular path. This usually refers to a spot in the sky where they come from in a radial manner. They seem to spray out like a sunburst from a singular location.
buck

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 28, 2011
Other than a normal shooting star, I really don't know how they are supposed to, or not supposed to, move. I'm just telling you what I saw and have nothing else to compare it to. I've been searching the internet for the past day looking for someone else who may have seen it.

At first it looked as if there was one star that appeared much brighter than the rest and but then I noticed it was moving NE to SW, slowly. It then turned West, then north and faded out as it did so.

Just as it faded, another came in from the northeast that looked like a slow moving shooting star (thus my meteor description) and it followed the same pattern as the first one I saw.

I hollared to my wife, grabbed a camera and a spotting scope. The photos didn't do the objects justice and I could not get them in the scope. There were about 8-10 that all followed the same pattern and it was over if five minutes. They never got to high and basically it all happened to the north of me. In the summer I never would've seen it because the trees would block it out (I live out in the country).

It was strange, but I think whatever it was, was natural.
JesusChristIsAMy th

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 28, 2011
IT WAS JESUS!
wes

United States

#12 Feb 28, 2011
buck wrote:
Other than a normal shooting star, I really don't know how they are supposed to, or not supposed to, move. I'm just telling you what I saw and have nothing else to compare it to. I've been searching the internet for the past day looking for someone else who may have seen it.
At first it looked as if there was one star that appeared much brighter than the rest and but then I noticed it was moving NE to SW, slowly. It then turned West, then north and faded out as it did so.
Just as it faded, another came in from the northeast that looked like a slow moving shooting star (thus my meteor description) and it followed the same pattern as the first one I saw.
I hollared to my wife, grabbed a camera and a spotting scope. The photos didn't do the objects justice and I could not get them in the scope. There were about 8-10 that all followed the same pattern and it was over if five minutes. They never got to high and basically it all happened to the north of me. In the summer I never would've seen it because the trees would block it out (I live out in the country).
It was strange, but I think whatever it was, was natural.
Aliens are natural
millyr

Rochester, NY

#13 Feb 28, 2011
Yes I did...in fact I seen 3 of them or the same one moving locations. I literally just walked through the door attempting to get a better look, I also seen the same light on feb. 22.
Plutonian

Huntington, WV

#14 Mar 1, 2011
it was me an my family.. we are Plutonians.. and i wish you people would stop telling everyone everything you see.. Thank You! wahdahtah!!
millyr

Lawrence, MA

#15 Mar 1, 2011
@ plutonian....lol u could have at least said mars....what brought you to this thread??
d-dog

Ireland

#16 Apr 21, 2011
did any one see a strange green light in the sky on the 23rd of december
1 post removed
city girl

Jersey City, NJ

#18 Apr 22, 2011
It's called southern exposure

Since: Jan 11

United States

#19 Apr 22, 2011
UFO!!!
plutonian

Huntington, WV

#20 Apr 25, 2011
millyr wrote:
@ plutonian....lol u could have at least said mars....what brought you to this thread??
i come to this thread in peace.. i go to the strip club for fun.. and i pee standing up.. yea i am plutonian.. i say it loud.. i say it proud! thank u!
Christian Girl

Milton, WV

#21 Apr 25, 2011
This is a sign of the times, folks. Jesus is sending us a warning. Signs and wonders in the heavens. You better get ready!
LAGIRL

Charleston, WV

#22 Feb 28, 2012
I saw the strange lights and I am in Charleston. At first I thought that they were airplanes but the more that I looked they were to bright, shorter than the smoke from an aircraft and going in different directions. I would say that they were meteors or ufo's but not some sign of the times. People do you not realize in every generation people keep saying get ready. Watch Zeitgeist will you or not? It' probably way over your heads.
Booger

Huntington, WV

#23 Feb 28, 2012
LAGIRL wrote:
Watch Zeitgeist will you or not? It' probably way over your heads.
The point of this thread was something that is over ALL our heads. It was over your head, too. lol, joking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
backpage girls 17 min Small White Weiner 12
Charles Rucker K-mart store manager is an ugly ... 19 min tad 7
Could ISIS be targeting the black community as ... (Oct '14) 20 min Ibew 4
New rules for SNAP 35 min Ibew 41
CROOKED Hillary in Huntington or Charleston tom... 49 min Ibew 84
Darryl Black for Magistrate 1 hr Evrywhere 2
Judge Keller 1 hr Debbie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages