Comments
21 - 40 of 62 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2013
anonomyous

Leechburg, PA

#24 Nov 2, 2013
They laid off 9 out of the machine shop. 2 out of vim. 2 out of refinery that I know of. And the company expects them to put out the same numbers
smc homo

Alexandria, VA

#25 Nov 2, 2013
27 laid off. Retained 7 on qualifications.
greed

Alexandria, VA

#26 Nov 2, 2013
Last week the paper said 28% increase in profits, this week it said layoffs. That's just corporate greed at its finest.
Jimmy

Charleston, WV

#27 Nov 2, 2013
How many salary laid off?
justsaying

Alexandria, VA

#28 Nov 2, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
How many salary laid off?
That's the bad news, Jimmy!!
NO SALARY LAYOFFS!
There will be some "let go" in the next 2 Weeks! But only because they don't jump when they are told to or give the boys out front the unrealistic numbers that it takes to keep this company afloat since they started steering the ship!
Bad news is: Dabbs, Esky, Fisher, Bortell, Hagen, Ratliff and other wastes are still making the calls!
If they would ever thin a few of them out they might see where the real problems are!
Quit holding your breath, they aren't going anywhere!
crazy 40

Greenup, KY

#29 Nov 2, 2013
Fisher is a Hugh problem , and Dabbs is getting the mushroom treatment for hesskey & Lockwood . Keep him in the dark & feed him sh$t !!!
Moec23

Alexandria, VA

#30 Nov 2, 2013
Get a f'n life you piece of sh?!$ loser! Who the f cares if they are gay if they are going to work every day busting there a$$ so losers like u can troll the Internet! People are being laid off before the f'n holidays and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether they are gay or not! You couldn't f'ing handle working in that plant the long, grueling hours those men and women do!
Gays are Awful wrote:
I heard a good percentage of special metals workers are gay. Some openly and the rest closet gays.
manlyman

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Nov 3, 2013
Moec23 wrote:
Get a f'n life you piece of sh?!$ loser! Who the f cares if they are gay if they are going to work every day busting there a$$ so losers like u can troll the Internet! People are being laid off before the f'n holidays and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether they are gay or not! You couldn't f'ing handle working in that plant the long, grueling hours those men and women do!
<quoted text>
Chill out, Liberace!
Ain't nobody gonna take your man!
It ain't got nothing to do with how hard they work or how many hours they work either!
It's all about saving money!
No money for training, no money to fix equipment no money to clean up and paint this disaster area!
Make sure to turn out the lights when you leave!
It may be your last day here!
Scorpio

Huntington, WV

#32 Nov 3, 2013
Moec23 wrote:
Get a f'n life you piece of sh?!$ loser! Who the f cares if they are gay if they are going to work every day busting there a$$ so losers like u can troll the Internet! People are being laid off before the f'n holidays and it has absolutely nothing to do with whether they are gay or not! You couldn't f'ing handle working in that plant the long, grueling hours those men and women do!
<quoted text>
I'm in no way defending what they said... But long grueling hours ? Must be so hard to sit in a controlled climate crane and get paid $30+ an hour (not including stupid amounts of over time) and sit on your phone and spending your money on useless stuff. Especially when there are 1000's of people who would scrub your seat with a tooth brush just for minimum wage. I have so much sympathy for someone who loses their job.. To an extent. I'm incredibly sorry they have to actually find a job and work just like I do. I believe if you look in a dictionary between sh!t & syphilis you'll find my sympathy for them there.
pmdguy

Alexandria, VA

#33 Nov 4, 2013
Scorpio wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in no way defending what they said... But long grueling hours ? Must be so hard to sit in a controlled climate crane and get paid $30+ an hour (not including stupid amounts of over time) and sit on your phone and spending your money on useless stuff. Especially when there are 1000's of people who would scrub your seat with a tooth brush just for minimum wage. I have so much sympathy for someone who loses their job.. To an extent. I'm incredibly sorry they have to actually find a job and work just like I do. I believe if you look in a dictionary between sh!t & syphilis you'll find my sympathy for them there.
Don't know where you're getting your numbers, Scorpion, but there aren't any $30 an hour jobs at Special Metals! Nor climate controlled crane cabs either! Stupid amounts of overtime is correct! Mainly because the buffoons managing this place cant see 4 hours ahead of themselves and predict what jobs need to run! Not because we want to be here 16 hours a day for 7 days a week! You want to scrub my seat with a toothbrush for minimum wage? Have at it! That's about what you're capable of and more than you're worth!
Jimmy

Charleston, WV

#34 Nov 4, 2013
The Herald Dispatch last week didn't give a count on layoffs...just that layoffs were coming. When??? Is 27 the final number??? Still no word on final salary cuts if any.
justsaying

Alexandria, VA

#35 Nov 4, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
The Herald Dispatch last week didn't give a count on layoffs...just that layoffs were coming. When??? Is 27 the final number??? Still no word on final salary cuts if any.
Jimmy you seem awfully interested in Special Metals!
I'm going to assume that you are an employee there. If so, you would know that NOBODY knows the final number! Final salary cuts? Do you mean fired? They don't get laid off, they get fired! Then Special Metals, after allowing an appropriate time for grieving and suffering through the despair of being unemployed, will contact them and offer their job back. At a lower pay than previously with little to no benefits!
This saves them money, which is their only goal!
They then have an experienced employee at half their value.
Profits increase, bonus all around, everybody happy, happy, happy!
But then again, you may be one of the above mentioned wastes of good air just trying to figure out how many people they have to do without next week!
Lol

Huntington, WV

#36 Nov 4, 2013
pmdguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know where you're getting your numbers, Scorpion, but there aren't any $30 an hour jobs at Special Metals! Nor climate controlled crane cabs either! Stupid amounts of overtime is correct! Mainly because the buffoons managing this place cant see 4 hours ahead of themselves and predict what jobs need to run! Not because we want to be here 16 hours a day for 7 days a week! You want to scrub my seat with a toothbrush for minimum wage? Have at it! That's about what you're capable of and more than you're worth!
Lol Im okay with making what I make. It's no 20+ an hour but it puts food on the table. I can't come within 10 feet of your cab. It's a proven fact crabs can jump that far. You must have gotten butt sore too. If you could see past your nose my post was about there are people out there that need jobs. When the economy crumbles I'll be sure to find what car detailing shop your at and I'll even be so nice to bring you your own cartoon character tooth brush so my rims will shine. I tip good too. Ask some of the wives of the husbands that work there ;)
anonomyous

Monongahela, PA

#37 Nov 4, 2013
CSX and steel of w.v. is hiring
Jimmy

Huntington, WV

#38 Nov 5, 2013
No, they are not
Jeff Price

Huntington, WV

#39 Nov 5, 2013
Rules all u punks west pickle rules.
pmdguy

Alexandria, VA

#40 Nov 6, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Im okay with making what I make. It's no 20+ an hour but it puts food on the table. I can't come within 10 feet of your cab. It's a proven fact crabs can jump that far. You must have gotten butt sore too. If you could see past your nose my post was about there are people out there that need jobs. When the economy crumbles I'll be sure to find what car detailing shop your at and I'll even be so nice to bring you your own cartoon character tooth brush so my rims will shine. I tip good too. Ask some of the wives of the husbands that work there ;)
Sorry, I was responding to what your post said. Not to what you thought it said!
Sorry you don't make $20 plus an hour but you probably don't work for a company that made $230 million in profits last quarter either!
Keep putting food on the table and paying to get your car detailed, I put food on the table and also have a few extras that maybe you don't think are necessary, but I do put in more time for what I want!
I bet you are a good tipper! Most braggarts are! Makes them feel like they are important!
Scorpio

Huntington, WV

#41 Nov 6, 2013
pmdguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I was responding to what your post said. Not to what you thought it said!
Sorry you don't make $20 plus an hour but you probably don't work for a company that made $230 million in profits last quarter either!
Keep putting food on the table and paying to get your car detailed, I put food on the table and also have a few extras that maybe you don't think are necessary, but I do put in more time for what I want!
I bet you are a good tipper! Most braggarts are! Makes them feel like they are important!
Lol I'm pretty sure my post was pretty clear. What's up with your exclamation points too? They make a "." for a reason. You're absolutely right. I'm not fortunate enough to have a great paying job like that. As we all know, you must know someone to get into a business of that sort. Mommy, daddy, uncle John, and etc. Very clear on how all that works. I'm highly qualified to work there. Apparently, I can't suck good enough cock and my mommy & daddy worked their asses off and made their own path. So, unfortunately, I'm making my own path as well. Good tipper? Yeah, you know what I am. Because unlike you I know what it's like to be broke and struggle. It's sad if you really think about it. I probably make 5-10$ less on the hour and only work 40-45 hours a week but I'll be the first to tip well. If I can make someones day by coming in and eating at a restaurant after you and tip higher... Just means morally I'm richer than you'll ever be. This will be my last post. Only because the main point of my post went down the drain and turned into a pissing contest. I have an average sized dick and can't piss as far as you. You're butt hurt over the truth of you f¨cks. My mission is complete. You mad bro?
pmdguy

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Nov 7, 2013
Scorpio wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I'm pretty sure my post was pretty clear. What's up with your exclamation points too? They make a "." for a reason. You're absolutely right. I'm not fortunate enough to have a great paying job like that. As we all know, you must know someone to get into a business of that sort. Mommy, daddy, uncle John, and etc. Very clear on how all that works. I'm highly qualified to work there. Apparently, I can't suck good enough cock and my mommy & daddy worked their asses off and made their own path. So, unfortunately, I'm making my own path as well. Good tipper? Yeah, you know what I am. Because unlike you I know what it's like to be broke and struggle. It's sad if you really think about it. I probably make 5-10$ less on the hour and only work 40-45 hours a week but I'll be the first to tip well. If I can make someones day by coming in and eating at a restaurant after you and tip higher... Just means morally I'm richer than you'll ever be. This will be my last post. Only because the main point of my post went down the drain and turned into a pissing contest. I have an average sized dick and can't piss as far as you. You're butt hurt over the truth of you f¨cks. My mission is complete. You mad bro?
Sorry for using too many exclamation points for you! Didn't mean to offend anyone with their use!
Also, sorry that you have a chip on your shoulder for not knowing someone that could get you a better paying job! And also that you can't s*ck c0ck good enough to satisfy yourself! Maybe you should quit patting yourself on the back for being such a big tipper! You could use that extra energy to work on your c0ck s*cking skills and then leave an even bigger tip! Then you could be even more morally richer than me! Sorry about you losing the pissing contest, also! Just glad that you're a big tipper, because it sounds like you are very lacking in goals, if your mission was to make my butt hurt! Not mad, Bro! But, I am a little sad to know that I won't get to read anymore of your posts! But I will think of you every time I lay a tip on the table and hope that I am able to bring almost as much joy to the waitstaff as Scorpio does!
nope

Alexandria, VA

#43 Nov 7, 2013
Scorpio wrote:
<quoted text>Lol I'm pretty sure my post was pretty clear. What's up with your exclamation points too? They make a "." for a reason. You're absolutely right. I'm not fortunate enough to have a great paying job like that. As we all know, you must know someone to get into a business of that sort. Mommy, daddy, uncle John, and etc. Very clear on how all that works. I'm highly qualified to work there. Apparently, I can't suck good enough cock and my mommy & daddy worked their asses off and made their own path. So, unfortunately, I'm making my own path as well. Good tipper? Yeah, you know what I am. Because unlike you I know what it's like to be broke and struggle. It's sad if you really think about it. I probably make 5-10$ less on the hour and only work 40-45 hours a week but I'll be the first to tip well. If I can make someones day by coming in and eating at a restaurant after you and tip higher... Just means morally I'm richer than you'll ever be. This will be my last post. Only because the main point of my post went down the drain and turned into a pissing contest. I have an average sized dick and can't piss as far as you. You're butt hurt over the truth of you f├╣cks. My mission is complete. You mad bro?
I didn't know anyone that works here or that ever had when I got hired. Maybe you're just not as qualified as you think you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse Home wrecker 17 min Sara 6
name of song need help 20 min the planet 5
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 21 min Another Damn Liberal 57,079
Fire at the Flats 58 min Getting better 6
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 1 hr John 233
oddest time or place you had to poop 1 hr -zapphod- 5
good divorce lawyer 1 hr Matlock 8
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••