Abercrombie & Fitch set to close at e...

Abercrombie & Fitch set to close at end of January.

Posted in the Huntington Forum

ANF

Williamstown, WV

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Charleston, WV - Nearly 13 years after opening in the Charleston Town Center as the one and only Abercrombie & Fitch in the state of West Virginia, the store will be closing its doors by the end of January 2013. This action is part of an effort by the company to close under-performing stores in smaller markets. Up to 150 stores may close nationwide by 2015. The affiliated Hollister store is expected to remain in operation.
Me too

Huntington, WV

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Sucks.... Love have smell of everything I buy there.!!
gheydar

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Jan 10, 2013
OMG what are all the high school/college preps going to wear now? Stay tuned to mtv to find out!
ladies man

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Idk what the preps will be wearin prolly american eagle Aeropostale or hollister. Personally I like them rustler jeans at dollar general for $10 they are the shiznits. Walmart clothes are too expensive for me. I only get $440 a month on my SSI. That stands for slick sly and important. U see I went downtowm to social security office and I acted slick and sly and now ebery month I get a free check in the mail which makes me feel imortant. So with my backpay I got me two new pairs of stiffly starched rustlers at dollar gemeral alomg with two flannel shirts on clearance for $2 and some shoes for $12 I'm riding instyle with my 82 buick lesabre I got for $350. Who wants to go out on a date? I would take my dream girl to taco bell for bean burritos and a large pepsi then we will rent a dvd from redbox take it back to my place and watch it on my new 16 inch tv I got from pawn shop for $15 I will have the nieghbor pop us a bag of orvelle redenbockers extra butter I saved for such a special occasion as this. Clean crisp sheets on my double bed for a perfect ending to the night. Hmu ladies
ladies man

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Btw. The names reginal hinkey. I like short walks. I like dogs but not little ankle biters. I like cats as long as they aren't mine. I like waylan jennings and buck owens. I don't like lady gaga. I like golden girls I do not like threes company. I like pinto beans and fried taters. I like dollar genral I do not like walmart. I like blue ribbon or steele reserve I do not like Budweiser. I like fluffy woman I do not like scrawny boney women who eat too much but don't gain weight(I want to see where my foodstamps are going) talk too much
and snore.
Well match.com nor eharmony could find not one single date for me. So I have to take matters into my own hands. Kiss this eharmony!
2 posts removed
Materialgrl

Oakvale, WV

#8 Jan 21, 2013
Not a shock but a sad one. I shop weekly in anf and hco and even though I spend more in hco I still like anf. They do have some styles that aren't similar to hco contrary to some beliefs. Charleston and Huntington house the two largest malls in the state and are pushing some of the best speciality shops out. If you like certain brands you will find yourself traveling to the nearest large city of Columbus. I frequent there 1-3 times a month anyway but will miss anf five minutes away. It seems charleston town center is just asking this question in their minds too before a final store opening: will a 45 year old woman here for herself or children? Every store for the exception of five stores answers yes to this. And just because you see a lot of underpriviledged people with lack of funds that means people like me suffer. I like to shop only in certain stores because when it comes to sizing you get what you pay for. I cannot wear walmart brands as their stylings are not made to fit. And plus if more people frequented these speciality shops such as anf they would discover their sales and clearances and find that you can get tops for $7 and jeans marked down to $20. If I won a lottery tomorrow for three digit winnings I would personally by rights to a shopping center and build a lifestyle center near this area. It is much needed and I have the perfect place in mind. We need an Easton town center type of center here. There is money here it just comes out to play when necessary. The charleston area has become over populated with sporting goods stores. Not everyone wants to wear sandblast jeans and camouflage. I have grown tired of most of the comments from idiots that really show their lack of education. These people wear wvu merchandise like its an nfl team, drop out of high school at 15 and complain that they have no insurance for their six children, don't inspect their 15 yr old vehicles and make the roadways destined for murder, and yell that their ssi checks dont cover that extra can of redbull at the walmart checkout, etc and etc. so I hope people comment back to me because unless you obtained a degree from a university shut up. And ps: trade school air conditioning mechanic certificates are not valid as a degree.
lol

United States

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Probably because west Virginians are too fat to wear a&f. Their clothes are made for 12 year olds anyway so who cares!
Anf

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Their clothes are for fit college aged kids. 18-25
Anonymous

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Jan 23, 2013
Anf wrote:
Their clothes are for fit college aged kids. 18-25
Yea maybe college kids that are a size 0... But I have to agree with the post b4 this one wv ppl are just to fat for those clothes!! They will prob replace it with a layne Bryant store..

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Abercrombie & Fitch failed by never coming out with a gangsta wannabe clothing line for phat people. Thats mostly what gets worn in this region.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
for black people. 4 2 min The prick 99
dying lynn crickard 3 min Geez 2
4 minutes of our non muslim president praising ... 26 min Muslim aggression 2
1,300,000 Online votes declare Trump debate win... 34 min Muslim aggression 9
Maid service at MU job fair 2 hr Charity 2
Baltimore Street bad bad 2 hr Jeth 12
Typically drug addiction is a sickness 3 hr Santa 29

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance