Parents YOU need to check up on your ...

Parents YOU need to check up on your daughters!!!

Posted in the Huntington Forum

AmotherHere

Huntington, WV

#1 Oct 7, 2012
I am the mother of a couple teenage sons, and I am seeing a VERY alarming trend with the teen and pre-teen girls, and this is self harm.

Your little princess who acts so peppy on the outside is often facebooking or texting her boyfriend or friend about how they want to hurt themselves.

In the last 4 months, I have seen 6 girls now have made some form of a threat of self harm to my sons. One was a 14 year old girl who told my son she was gonna hurt herself if he broke up with her, come to find out over the span of a 1 month relationship every-time he did not answer a text, email or call she would send him a follow up message about how she was "cutting"

I have a son in the 7th grade, who after reading his facebook messages I saw 4 different girls talk about hurting themselves when a boy dumped them.

You parents need to keep a better tab on your daughters. My oldest who happens to be almost 16 has had 7 girlfriends ages from 14-16 who ALL wanted to have sex with him.....he obliged 2 of them. Numerous counts of extreme four-play.(Yes my son is grounded for life right now)

I was just utterly shocked at how many of his friends (Girls) were on facebook posting status updates about how bad life is, or how no one would miss them if they were gone, or they were gonna go cut.

I know being a parent is hard nowdays, hell I work 55 hours a week and my husband does 60, but we have to work a little harder at being parents. I failed, will be the first to admit that, my son made some bad choices and I will be watching him far more closely from now on, but I can not be the only parent, everyone needs to step up and start checking on their OWN kids.

And just a heads up..........out of all the girls most of these girls came from good families, parents that would be HORRIFIED to know how their little angel talks via Private Messager.

You should also know that a lot of the kids now have 2 facebook accounts, one for mom and dad, family and some friends..........and a private one that is blocked from anyone finding it. Its the hidden ones that they are doing this on, if your not a friend on your kids facebook, now is the time to get on it!!!!

And the girls are not the only culprits.....seen some pretty graphic stuff by the boys as well, if your kid is gonna have a facebook YOU need to have access to it!!!

I have emailed copies to the parents of the girls that I can find parents of, so that the parents can deal with it...but out of the 7 girls only 3 of them were friends with their parents.
Level 8

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 7, 2012
Thanks.....dont beat yourself up too much we are only human but at least you are doing what you can and trying to get the word out there to those of us who have daughters........at least you are not turning a blind eye to it and remember they have alot more access than we did.......i took typing in high school computers were just becoming a thing......I remember the bullying and peer pressure that went on then now they have cell phones, and computers now......can you imagine our parents having to discipline us if we had cell phones and computers........
crappy

Powell, OH

#3 Oct 8, 2012
AmotherHere wrote:
I am the mother of a couple teenage sons, and I am seeing a VERY alarming trend with the teen and pre-teen girls, and this is self harm.

Your little princess who acts so peppy on the outside is often facebooking or texting her boyfriend or friend about how they want to hurt themselves.

In the last 4 months, I have seen 6 girls now have made some form of a threat of self harm to my sons. One was a 14 year old girl who told my son she was gonna hurt herself if he broke up with her, come to find out over the span of a 1 month relationship every-time he did not answer a text, email or call she would send him a follow up message about how she was "cutting"

I have a son in the 7th grade, who after reading his facebook messages I saw 4 different girls talk about hurting themselves when a boy dumped them.

You parents need to keep a better tab on your daughters. My oldest who happens to be almost 16 has had 7 girlfriends ages from 14-16 who ALL wanted to have sex with him.....he obliged 2 of them. Numerous counts of extreme four-play.(Yes my son is grounded for life right now)

I was just utterly shocked at how many of his friends (Girls) were on facebook posting status updates about how bad life is, or how no one would miss them if they were gone, or they were gonna go cut.

I know being a parent is hard nowdays, hell I work 55 hours a week and my husband does 60, but we have to work a little harder at being parents. I failed, will be the first to admit that, my son made some bad choices and I will be watching him far more closely from now on, but I can not be the only parent, everyone needs to step up and start checking on their OWN kids.

And just a heads up..........out of all the girls most of these girls came from good families, parents that would be HORRIFIED to know how their little angel talks via Private Messager.

You should also know that a lot of the kids now have 2 facebook accounts, one for mom and dad, family and some friends..........and a private one that is blocked from anyone finding it. Its the hidden ones that they are doing this on, if your not a friend on your kids facebook, now is the time to get on it!!!!

And the girls are not the only culprits.....seen some pretty graphic stuff by the boys as well, if your kid is gonna have a facebook YOU need to have access to it!!!

I have emailed copies to the parents of the girls that I can find parents of, so that the parents can deal with it...but out of the 7 girls only 3 of them were friends with their parents.
sad
A Mom of a Boy

Richmond, VA

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Glad to see some else talks to their children. My son is in the 6th grade at a good school and you wouldn't believe the things he tells me. Parents with girls have it rough. They play a game about how many boys you can make out with and make fun of the losers. They value themselves by their clothes, phones and boyfriends. If a boy doesn't want to get in on the fun they make up stories about them to get them in trouble with the teachers and staff and it usually works. Teachers and staff need to wake up as well. Like you said most of these girls are the "good girls" from "good families", their mothers volunteer at the schools and their dads coach the teams!! I don't know what has happened to our youth but it is troubling.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2012
You can tell just by the way they dress and walk up and down the street that this countries future isnt looking very good. Parents that let their kids run around looking like a $5 w**** need to realize the message they are sending out. In my opinion (yes I know its only my opinion) most kids arent getting the attention they need. Too many electronics out there to occupy them instead of family time and disscussions. Now a days parents are letting computers and iphones do the teaching for them.
parent

United States

#6 Oct 9, 2012
really-O_o wrote:
You can tell just by the way they dress and walk up and down the street that this countries future isnt looking very good. Parents that let their kids run around looking like a $5 w**** need to realize the message they are sending out. In my opinion (yes I know its only my opinion) most kids arent getting the attention they need. Too many electronics out there to occupy them instead of family time and disscussions. Now a days parents are letting computers and iphones do the teaching for them.
That's the truth take them away I think they both would be lost! I know a teen that is going down the wrong rd. sweet girl just around not so good people.
AmotherHere

Huntington, WV

#7 Oct 12, 2012
really-O_o wrote:
You can tell just by the way they dress and walk up and down the street that this countries future isnt looking very good. Parents that let their kids run around looking like a $5 w**** need to realize the message they are sending out. In my opinion (yes I know its only my opinion) most kids arent getting the attention they need. Too many electronics out there to occupy them instead of family time and discussions. Now a days parents are letting computers and iphones do the teaching for them.
I think your right, its not that some of us don't want to be good parents. I want my kid to have the technology he needs to fit in, but it is important to step up and watch that technology and your kids.

The way some of these teenage girls dress is mind boggling....I don't have girls, so I don't know the pressure they put on parents to wear this stuff, but sometimes I wonder if the mother is not realizing that its not about just fitting in, its about what your little girl is representing herself as.

Dances are the worst, you see these girls wearing dresses that were designed for GROWN women, not 15 year old girls at homecoming. Nothing wrong with a young lady wanting to look attractive, but if she looks like a street walker, thats a issue.

And the fact of the matter is, girls right now are getting pregnant left and right......on my sons facebook page there are 5 girls in his school he is "friends" with that are pregnant. That tells you something right there, something is missing that this is happening so much. Its time to stop telling yourself its just a phase or it will be ok, and start being more of a parent to your kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another disgruntled liberal shoots up a school 6 min General Bone Spur 180
Shootings and overdoses 2 hr Railroader 1
America Held Hostage Day 397 3 hr BadBoy 5
Hook up sites 4 hr Dick Johnson 20
Fergie embarrassing black people. 4 hr Really 31
Pic of Marky's wife 5 hr Mommaj- 3
Work for Welfare just passed the House 6 hr big b 2

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance