First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justice

United States

#1 May 27, 2010
Hat wondering what ppl think about the policeman runnin over an innocent 17 year old boy. And no charges was brought apon him. Instead they closed down the throaty whale. Had that been a citizen we would have went to jail for not having control of our vexhicle. So...
Highlawn Ghost

United States

#2 May 27, 2010
It's a racket, the HPD. There's no money to be made so they're not interested. They go above the law to protect their own.
Singer

Huntington, WV

#3 May 27, 2010
I agree with closing that bar down, they were serving the boy, who is a minor. It's not the cops fault he was intoxicated and stepped into traffic.
Lady in Red

United States

#4 May 27, 2010
Get your facts straight Singer! I don't know where you are getting your information. The bar DID NOT serve the boy. The truth is going to come out. The police officers are supposed to protect and serve. They do all right. They protect and serve themselves.
Highlawn Ghost

United States

#5 May 27, 2010
I have to agree with Lady in Red. The HPD will lie an even bring charges on others (the bar) to protect one of their own. An innocent citizen will be punished before one of the HPD's own will.
embarassed

Huntington, WV

#6 May 27, 2010
Lady in Red wrote:
Get your facts straight Singer! I don't know where you are getting your information. The bar DID NOT serve the boy. The truth is going to come out. The police officers are supposed to protect and serve. They do all right. They protect and serve themselves.
Funny how you are from PA but you know the straight skinny?? WOW must be nice.
embarassed

Huntington, WV

#7 May 27, 2010
I agree that the law should be for everyone, even those who 'work' for the police. What I don't agree with is the bashing of the HPD, I am very glad for them, they have made a big change since the new Chief came on. What would our neighborhoods be like if they weren't busting drugs? I don't want to imagine. I don't live in Detroit because I don't want to be exposed to that kind of life. I say if we were all doing what we are suppossed to be then we don't have to worry about those not following the laws. Keep our own noses clean and don't worry about the others.
just sayin

Acme, PA

#8 May 27, 2010
The Thirsty Whale did NOT serve that boy! I know that's a FACT! The HPD is trying to pass the blame on to someone else! They are like an "organized crime" unit! They are out to shut down all the bars. The fact is----YOU HPD are to blame for hitting that boy!! Take responsiblity for that and quit trying to pass the buck!! Go after real criminals and quit trying to pick fights with innocent business owners! Everyone knows the HPD has "dirty ties" with other businesses that would love to see the "good bars" close down! Quit trying to "play police" and fess up to your FAULTS!
Highlawn Ghost

United States

#9 May 27, 2010
embarassed,

I'm posting from an iPhone and know my AT&T IP originates from PA. despite the fact I'm sitting in Huntington. I cannot see locations from this iPhone app so I can't see Lady in Red's location but know that locations listed here are almost never accurate. They list the location of the ISP servers, not the individual who is posting.
East end citizen

United States

#10 May 27, 2010
Don't start on HPD. They do a good job in our city with the resources they have to work with. I would hate to live in this town without them. The ones downing Hpd are first sissy bitches to cry to them for help when some thug does something to them so don't even start.
The officer and pedestrian were involved in an accident- nothing more nothing less. Every time I drive down 4 th avenue some pedestrian walks out in front of my vehicle from between parked cars or in the middle of the block. Sometimes the pedestrians walk in the street like it's a sidewalk. I can't believe more pedestrian students are not hit by motorcehicles! The city needs to enforce jay walking laws on these student pedestrians. HPD officers are for the most part very nice people with homes and families just like the rest of us. They go out and risk getting killed everyday for less than average pay. I know a few of them and believe it or not they sincerely care about the community. They get just as upset as we the citizens when things don't go right or some drug dealer gets away with wrongdoing. Instead of going against our public servants why don't we go out and shake their hands to show them we appreciate them... A little praise and respect go a long way in motivating people to work hard for the good!
just sayin

Acme, PA

#11 May 27, 2010
That is correct about the pedestrians walking out in front of everyone on 4th ave. However, they are still trying to play the "blame game" on The Thirsty Whale and that bar had NOTHING to do with any of this. Nonetheless the HPD still have an "underground alliance" with the big dogs in Huntington and "favors" DO get done. Believe it!
just sayin

Acme, PA

#12 May 27, 2010
I'm not a sissy B**** either....middle aged woman who doesn't even go to bars!
NWA

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 May 27, 2010
Fug tha police
Really

United States

#14 May 28, 2010
Yeah people walk out infront of people everyday and get hit. However, citizens usually get charged with not having control of their vechicle, murder, and other charges. However the policemen get off with nothing bc they serve the community when in fact that's what they chose to do. So your simply over looking the problem.
East end citizen

United States

#15 May 28, 2010
That could be true- I have never experienced that. But why is it now days that everyody has to prosecuted, blamed, "we gotcha"...etc. Has everybody failed to remember that accidents happen. In society you have a large group of people hustling an bustling around each other accidents are going to happen. Now I understand what your saying...if you or I would have hit the pedestrian we would have been charged with failure to control our vehicle-I would think that would be a strong possibility. I guess to some degree in this situation the police may have some immunity from that law.
Lady In Red

United States

#16 May 28, 2010
embarassed wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you are from PA but you know the straight skinny?? WOW must be nice.
Funny how you are from Cincinnati! Why do you care?
Really

United States

#17 May 28, 2010
And having immunity from the law bc you are a police officier is far from being "right".
East end citizen

United States

#18 May 28, 2010
I agree that laws should be equal but I have found that nothing is fair or really just in this world. It's true and when situations unfold we just have to do the best we can.
Bizzaro

Columbus, OH

#19 May 28, 2010
Really wrote:
Yeah people walk out infront of people everyday and get hit. However, citizens usually get charged with not having control of their vechicle, murder, and other charges. However the policemen get off with nothing bc they serve the community when in fact that's what they chose to do. So your simply over looking the problem.
That's bullshit!
Charges are pending proof of negligence and location. Not status, or employment. Ambulance speeding and hitting a pedestrian is negligence. Ambulance not speeding and hitting jay walker, funny as hell. The same things apply to cops as well as you or me. The only exception is emergency situations when sirens are in use, however, they still are criticized.
Bizzaro

Columbus, OH

#20 May 28, 2010
Really wrote:
And having immunity from the law bc you are a police officier is far from being "right".
If only we have police for police, then who would police the police's police. Retard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's email scandal 15 min MarkJ- 8
Good jobs? 16 min No name 4
10th ave east end 28 min WVU 5
Lesage shooting 31 min Justice 24
favorite server at hibachi on 4th ave. (Jan '12) 1 hr Libtard alert 17
Vidmax.com for all the latest whacky liberal vi... 1 hr Libtard alert 1
A Kabal of UN actors is running your govt 2 hr Libtard alert 17

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance