refined palatte vs snobby eaters

Posted in the Huntington Forum

grey poupon

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Sep 22, 2013
I've noticed a trend towards people who thinj that really expensive fresh food is somehow more tasty than other foods. I've traveled the world extensively and have eaten some of the best authentic prepared foods money can buy. I love eating at upper-crust restaurants that serve nothing but dishes prepared with the best of ingredients, seasined and flavored to perfection. I've been able to afford the nicer things in life. I'm not fat. I excercise regularly and am a highly-functioning member of society. With all of that said, I find it ridiculous that these food snobs want to tell me that fast foid doesn't taste good. Every now and then, I'm either too busy, or have no desire for a long dining experience when away from home, so I'll grab something from a drive-thru. Tonight I had a fiery locos dorito taco from Taco Bell and it was absolutely mouth wateringly delicious. I personally love big macs, 5-layer beefy burritos, whoppers, etc. I believe that they taste as good (if not better) than a 12 ounce fillet from some of the best chophouses in the country. These hoity-toity liberal food snobs have convinced you that fast food doesn't taste good. Albeit, it's very bad for your body, but it does taste very good. I'm craving a McDouble as I'm typing. Yummy Yummy. I like Sea Scallops fresh from the bay, blue crab in Maryland, steak in any steakhouse accross texas, gumbo or beans and rice from Louisianna, pasta and fine wine from Italy or France, but what I crave more often than not, is a single with cheese from Wendy's.
1 post removed

Level 5

Since: Sep 13

Arcadia, CA

#3 Sep 22, 2013
grey poupon wrote:
I've noticed a trend towards people who thinj that really expensive fresh food is somehow more tasty than other foods. I've traveled the world extensively and have eaten some of the best authentic prepared foods money can buy. I love eating at upper-crust restaurants that serve nothing but dishes prepared with the best of ingredients, seasined and flavored to perfection. I've been able to afford the nicer things in life. I'm not fat. I excercise regularly and am a highly-functioning member of society. With all of that said, I find it ridiculous that these food snobs want to tell me that fast foid doesn't taste good. Every now and then, I'm either too busy, or have no desire for a long dining experience when away from home, so I'll grab something from a drive-thru. Tonight I had a fiery locos dorito taco from Taco Bell and it was absolutely mouth wateringly delicious. I personally love big macs, 5-layer beefy burritos, whoppers, etc. I believe that they taste as good (if not better) than a 12 ounce fillet from some of the best chophouses in the country. These hoity-toity liberal food snobs have convinced you that fast food doesn't taste good. Albeit, it's very bad for your body, but it does taste very good. I'm craving a McDouble as I'm typing. Yummy Yummy. I like Sea Scallops fresh from the bay, blue crab in Maryland, steak in any steakhouse accross texas, gumbo or beans and rice from Louisianna, pasta and fine wine from Italy or France, but what I crave more often than not, is a single with cheese from Wendy's.
Can you provide a link or two that illustrate the point you're making?
Derper

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 23, 2013
If one is going to boast about their sophisticated tastes, one should at least learn to spell 'palate' correctly. Enjoy your Big Mac, Thurston Howell.
Lycan

United States

#5 Sep 23, 2013
Lobsters were fed to American inmates across the eastern US because they were cheap, easily prepared, and easily transportable, and at the time hard on the eyes. They were refered to as "The insects of the sea".
Until a frieght mix up, a cook for a wealthy railroad tycoon boiled the would be prison food at high risk to his job, and served them with lemon and butter.

Chef Boyardee almost went broke trying to make food Americans would eat regularly. Until he broke the code. Almost all American dishes consist of meat. Not common in other countries. Thus, Chef Boyardee created a line of pasta and "beef" dishes. Almost every pasta style dish he made had meat, or meat sauce.

America is blessed with food, culture, and fellowship. Americans also coined the phrase "comfort foods". Because we love food, company, and curiosity but we always have room in our hearts and belly`s for the familiar.
grey poupon

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Sep 23, 2013
Entertainment lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide a link or two that illustrate the point you're making?
Not really. Cool huh? One can post his or her opinion based on their sole experiences and personal preferences. My wife and I ate at a “prime” steakhouse last weekend. The atmosphere and food was good as usual; however, I think that the steak they serve at the “buffet style” self-serve restaurants in the area is just as good and sometimes even better. It goes the same for cheeseburgers, pasta, vegetables, etc. I'd put a BK whopper up against a high-end burger place and choose the whopper 50% of the time. I like whoppers and it has nothing to do with my access to “snobby people's opinion” of what “good” food is. Whoppers are fine dining in my opinion. Food snobs can disagree. That's your opinion.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7 Sep 23, 2013
Bump you too
Option number 16

Richmond, VA

#8 Sep 23, 2013
grey poupon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. Cool huh? One can post his or her opinion based on their sole experiences and personal preferences. My wife and I ate at a “prime” steakhouse last weekend. The atmosphere and food was good as usual; however, I think that the steak they serve at the “buffet style” self-serve restaurants in the area is just as good and sometimes even better. It goes the same for cheeseburgers, pasta, vegetables, etc. I'd put a BK whopper up against a high-end burger place and choose the whopper 50% of the time. I like whoppers and it has nothing to do with my access to “snobby people's opinion” of what “good” food is. Whoppers are fine dining in my opinion. Food snobs can disagree. That's your opinion.
I prefer to cook and eat at home.
Miss Practicality

Huntington, WV

#9 Sep 23, 2013
Food trolling?

Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Sep 23, 2013
Miss Practicality wrote:
Food trolling?
No, just another Topix nut job!

Since: Jul 13

Charleston, WV

#11 Sep 24, 2013
The food at taco be has no taste, are you kidding me. What you taste is the seasoning. If you're saying that a steakhouse steak (meat) tastes the same as fast food meat (with no seasoning) I bet you're wrong. I can put a plain chunk of meat on my grill and have it taste better than any fast food restaurant. Thanks for trolling topix!
yep

Nitro, WV

#12 Sep 24, 2013
grey poupon wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoppers are made with horse meat. Bon appetit, fine diner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love Huntington 21 min nunya 14
dr friday 1 hr tootie fruity 1
Chris Brady 2 hr Bill Hilly 17
jenny dempsey and jigg seling drugs on 10th ave 2 hr fat trick 2
jenny depemsey sells drugs on 10th 2 hr truthteller 1
is dr blaine nease a good surgeon (Sep '11) 2 hr Observer 13
Worst boss in Huntington (Mar '11) 3 hr Maids 356
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web