Tropical Moon dress code

Tropical Moon dress code

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Morphine

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Does anyone know what the dresscode is for tropical moon? and are you allowed to have piercings?

Level 4

Since: May 12

Front Royal, VA

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I think they serve anyone.
BigBully

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Jan 30, 2013
If you have a reservation
Star Gazer

Addison, NY

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Never heard of. What and where is it?
anon

Youngstown, OH

#5 Jan 31, 2013
chromalord wrote:
I think they serve anyone.
I think he/she meant for the job.
anon

Youngstown, OH

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Star Gazer wrote:
Never heard of. What and where is it?
https://www.facebook.com/TropicalMoonFroYo

http://maps.google.com/maps...
BigBully

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Jan 31, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I think he/she meant for the job.
Yes. But it was funny
1 post removed

Level 4

Since: May 12

Front Royal, VA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he/she meant for the job.
Oh I knew that, I was teasing the poster for putting a stupid question in here. Why ask Topix for advise on something they should ask their boss or potential boss? Unless you work in an MRI lab I cant imagine the issue of piercing being legally enforceable, unless they were genital piercings they wished to display openly.
Star Gazer

Addison, NY

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Some places have dress codes that do not allow ANY visible piercings or tattoos, some only allow ear piercings but even some of those places dictate that the earrings can only be of a certain size and they cannot have more than a certain number. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to press the legality of it but I know of a lot of places that don't allow it. They take it as a matter of "professional attire". I worked at a place before college that literally took it so seriously that you had to cover any tattoos with clothing and those that could not be covered by clothing had to be hidden by bandages or some form of cover. You could only wear one set of "stud" earrings. No other visible piercings. If you came to work with any of the restricted things showing/in and couldn't fix it immediately at work then you were sent home and forced to take leave if you couldn't be back on the job adhering to "proper professional dress code" within two hours. I know one guy had a tounge piercing and tried putting a clear tounge ring (or whatever you call them) in because it was barely visible at that point unless he stuck his tounge out for someone to inspect it or you were trying to see it. He didn't want to come to work without anything because apparently he just had it pierced and had been told that in the amount of time he would have it out for work it could grow over. Bosses found out and told him he had to take it out, he initially refused, they pulled out his original hire papers and showed him he had signed a paper agreeing to adhere to the aforementioned dress code so he quit. Now, my schooling isn't in any way connected to law so I don't know if he had a case or not. But, that was in St. Louis and they have far more people with outrageous piercings than I have seen around here so I would have to think if it was grounds for a civil suit it would have already been challenged and abolished but I could be wrong. And, this wasn't a "professional career" it was working at a clothing store, just a typical undergrad job so I would have to think if they can enforce it then anyone could.

On the other hand, during grad school at Washington University I had a professor that looked like he had been in a small room with explosive devices that threw out massive amounts of shrapnel many, many times. He was one of those "extreme body modification" people. He had vampire teeth, his whole face was tattooed, and if it could be pierced (at least the visible body parts) it was. I'm glad I never learned what was pierced that wasn't visible! And, I would have to think a job as a professor would have higher expectations of professional appearance than a clothing store but apparently not. And, honestly, he was one of the best professors I ever had. Pure genius! Literally. He earned his Doctorate's before most finish undergrad. So he was very good proof that you can't judge a book by it's cover and that piercings and tattoos do not equal ignorance or a tendency to be unprofessional or lazy.

Either way, that was a few years ago and in a different state so their laws could be different than here and all laws could have changed since then and since it doesn't effect me I never researched the legal aspect of enforcing a dress code that did not allow those things. So, no matter what, I agree the best place to ask a question like that is the boss you hope to work for. Be on the safe side and do your initial contacts and interviews without the piercings and if you get the job then address the issue. This will stop a possible employer from pre-judging you or stereotyping and make them focus on credentials.

And, thanks to the the person listing the links!
anon

Youngstown, OH

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Star Gazer wrote:
And, thanks to the the person listing the links!
They also have a 2nd location on Merritts Creek near Target in Barboursville.

A 3rd location is coming soon in South Point, Ohio, near Lowes. It will be located where the Chinese restaurant was located.
anon

Youngstown, OH

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Their website: http://tropicalmoonfroyo.com

Don't foget to ask for the loyalty card.
Buy 10 frozen yogurts and get 1 free.
Thursdays is double stamp Thursday.
You also get a double stamp if Marshall wins a game.

They also do 10% or double stamp (forgot which it was) if the weather gets too cold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas stations that scan your i.d. When buying be... (Jun '11) 12 min Ems 76
Bald Headed Con Artist 21 min Hung Blackman 3
Quit eating my lunch 24 min Larry 7
Paris at jbs (Jun '15) 34 min Norm 18
pagans mc (Sep '10) 45 min Anthony 240
Baltimore Street drugs 1 hr Nosey neighbors 685
Recovery House Memorial Day Plans 1 hr Mr Girkfriend Child 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance