Ben Dover

Marlinton, WV

#2 Jan 24, 2014
Comcast sucks!!!

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#3 Jan 24, 2014
Direct TV, hands down. Comcast is the worst piece-of-crap company I have ever had to deal with. Seriously, dont use them if you dont have to.
Jim

Danville, WV

#4 Jan 25, 2014
Neither clear TV is the best

Level 4

Huntington, WV

#5 Jan 25, 2014
Jim wrote:
Neither clear TV is the best
LMAO. In this region? Right. At best you get about 10 channels. You have to buy the right antenna, you have to the right TV, the picture quality is not guaranteed, and you are slave to what channels are available from the regional broadcast towers. You can make up for it with an internet-based services like Netflix or Hulu, but that puts you at the mercy of Comcast, the only cable/internet provider in Htown.
Sam

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Jan 25, 2014
Is Comcast my only option for Internet?
info

Kistler, WV

#7 Jan 25, 2014
Sam wrote:
No you can get frontier home phone and internet service for $70 a month or bundle with direct TV and frontier service for about $120 including tax and it's a hell of a lot better than comcast. 10x more channels and internet is just as fast and doesn't freeze all the time. also better customer service!

Level 4

Huntington, WV

#8 Jan 25, 2014
Sam wrote:
It is if you want cable-based internet.
There are a few DSL providers. Direct TV offers satellite internet bundled with their TV service.
ted

Stafford, VA

#9 Jan 25, 2014
Direct tv doesn't work in cloudy snowy weather . Beware. And the bill goes up every month and they take channels away.

Level 4

Huntington, WV

#10 Jan 25, 2014
ted wrote:
Direct tv doesn't work in cloudy snowy weather . Beware. And the bill goes up every month and they take channels away.
I have Direct TV and it works all the time in cloudy weather, sometimes it temporarily goes down in a electrical storm but that's ANY satellite. Its till FAR FAR more reliable than cable. Your bill is whatever you agreed to in your contract, and they have never taken any channels away from me in the 7 years I have been with them. I just ordered two new Genie HD- DVR as a free upgrade.
ted

Stafford, VA

#11 Jan 26, 2014
They do take channels! Took the weather channel this month. You must work for direct.
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>I have Direct TV and it works all the time in cloudy weather, sometimes it temporarily goes down in a electrical storm but that's ANY satellite. Its till FAR FAR more reliable than cable. Your bill is whatever you agreed to in your contract, and they have never taken any channels away from me in the 7 years I have been with them. I just ordered two new Genie HD- DVR as a free upgrade.
ted

Stafford, VA

#12 Jan 26, 2014
so you had a 7 year contract? After the initial contract prices go up regularly. Sometimes every couple months. How is providing up to date equipment needed to operate it considered an upgrade? Did you sign a multi year contract for that upgrade? SMDH
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>I have Direct TV and it works all the time in cloudy weather, sometimes it temporarily goes down in a electrical storm but that's ANY satellite. Its till FAR FAR more reliable than cable. Your bill is whatever you agreed to in your contract, and they have never taken any channels away from me in the 7 years I have been with them. I just ordered two new Genie HD- DVR as a free upgrade.
MrNornal

Bronx, NY

#13 Jan 26, 2014
I have had Direct TV for several years. Half the channels are shopping or infomercial and in times
of heavy rain or wind it goes down. Not pleased. I am going back to Armstrong in a few months. Go with cable. Jmo
hughes customer

United States

#14 Jan 26, 2014
Cable sucks period. Go with directv and hughes net internet

Level 4

Huntington, WV

#15 Jan 26, 2014
ted wrote:
so you had a 7 year contract? After the initial contract prices go up regularly. Sometimes every couple months. How is providing up to date equipment needed to operate it considered an upgrade? Did you sign a multi year contract for that upgrade? SMDH
<quoted text>
No, I have a 2 year contract, I have been with Direct for 7 years. The price structure is in the contract if you read it. Direct will work with you, they have lowered my bills 3 times, yet I retain the same service/programming. I dont know how they implement upgrades, I simply called and asked If I was eligible and they said yes. I always get someone on the phone within a minute with Direct, its averages out to a 45 minute phone call every time I call Comcast if I need to speak to someone. Comcast claimed they didnt have record of my cable modem, even though I have been paying rent on it for 6 years, then they told me my equipment was stolen even though they installed and verified it. They had 2 technicians at my place to install a faster modem but then admitted they didn't know how to configure it, so I had to go back to my old modem. Their website never recognizes my account number or phone # or my password. Every aspect of Comcasts service sucks. I finally had to call management and raise holy hell with them and as a result I am getting "blast" internet for $35 a month for the next 6 months, what usually is $80. But in the end, they dont care, cause they know theu have a monopoly on the region, and that we are at their mercy.

Level 4

Huntington, WV

#16 Jan 26, 2014
MrNornal wrote:
I have had Direct TV for several years. Half the channels are shopping or infomercial and in times
of heavy rain or wind it goes down. Not pleased. I am going back to Armstrong in a few months. Go with cable. Jmo
Whats your signal strength? My picture rarely goes down, and has never gone down with strong winds, even the 70 mph winds we had last year.
Half of your channels are shopping and informercials? Not on my program package, I seriously dont even know what channels those are.
Its true cable is more reliable in heavy lightening storms, but they dont offer near the HD channels, or sports packages, and overall the quality of the picture is worse with their being little consistently going from channel-to-channel. And to top it off, its more expensive, at least Comcast is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 min Another Damn Liberal 57,070
drug test 9 min min 1
burger king huntington mall 10 min -zaphod- 7
titties 11 min titties 18
missing cell phones 39 min Tam Phat 6
oddest time or place you had to poop 1 hr Charity 2
laura keys "henson" 2 hr gross 25
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000