Comments
101 - 113 of 113 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Barboursville, WV

#126 Oct 16, 2013
And there are those that will never have the social skills to hold a job,pay bills,manage money,etc. Bring back the poor house or poor farms.Even a retard can hoe a garden,clean the highways,etc.
1 post removed
Lawless

Columbus, OH

#128 Oct 16, 2013
Let me preface by saying I'm asking completely seriously - How do other countries who do not have support suppliments via the government handle these issues? Do people just do without? Are families expected to care for the disabled and elderly? Do they rely upon charity?

If we didn't have welfare,foodstamps and programs of that nature, judging from other countries experiences what is the typical outcome that we would expect?

Are their other countries to have some sort of government assistance programs that run better that we could model? I see both sides - the folks abusing the system and the folks who really need it. Where is the answer?
cashier

Apollo, PA

#129 Oct 16, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You earned your handout. Great. I earned one too. The difference is that I know where mine came from and don't begrudge giving other people a leg up.
You can capitalize earned all you want. That scholarship was still given to you and you're not paying it back. Food stamps not only help feed people, but also keep your company in business. Especially in this state. Cut them and maybe they don't need so many cashiers. You and your baby that's being raised by daycare providers (who also rely a lot on the government to stay in business) are out on the street.
The ones who I deem to be lazy bums are the ones I have an issues with. They are choosing to NOT work. I'm not ok with that. If you are, more power to you.

Look, people have every right to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.
ip5s

Hurricane, WV

#130 Oct 16, 2013
Lawless wrote:
Let me preface by saying I'm asking completely seriously - How do other countries who do not have support suppliments via the government handle these issues? Do people just do without? Are families expected to care for the disabled and elderly? Do they rely upon charity?
If we didn't have welfare,foodstamps and programs of that nature, judging from other countries experiences what is the typical outcome that we would expect?
Are their other countries to have some sort of government assistance programs that run better that we could model? I see both sides - the folks abusing the system and the folks who really need it. Where is the answer?
Great questions. Above my head though. I'm interested in seeing some responses.
1 post removed
Army Chick

Lavalette, WV

#132 Oct 16, 2013
cashier wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones who I deem to be lazy bums are the ones I have an issues with. They are choosing to NOT work. I'm not ok with that. If you are, more power to you.
You have no right to judge others.
Derper

Huntington, WV

#133 Oct 16, 2013
cashier wrote:
<quoted text>
Privileges are not rights. Rights are not privileges. You can more safely take away someone's privileges than you can their rights.

For example, it's a privilege to have a job. I'll bet there are ten applications in the office right now from people who would take your job in a heart beat, and not destroy your employer's stock and their reputation.

Anyone who has had food damaged while it was bagged at a grocery in the past few months should call their store and inform the manager to look at this thread. We know it's an employee with two jobs, a daughter and going to college (so they say). Let's get her fired so some decent person can have a chance to be a good employee.

You're just without any morals or sense of honor or loyalty. Are you gonna teach your kid to reach over and destroy the school lunch of the student next to her? Classy.

Squishy.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#134 Oct 16, 2013
Lawless wrote:
We're perilously close to a caste system here in America, if we aren't there already. That's a shame for a nation as prosperous and rich as ours. The benefits of citizenship and of being allowed to make your way here have a price and that price is making sure everyone has access to the basics of life.

As to the fraud, I would suggest that the costs of eliminating ALL of the fraud would be more costly than the savings from the eliminated fraud. Kinda like Florida and it's drug testing for welfare recipients.(The first year only, I haven't looked at the subsequent year(s).

It's a matter of our National character.
1 post removed
cashier

Vandergrift, PA

#136 Oct 16, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
She seems like a twit but I don't want to get her canned. Maybe she'll have an epiphany and change her evil ways. If what she says is true about graduating and getting a decent job, hopefully her outlook will change when she's not tied down to the monotony of ringing up other people stuff all day every day.
And maybe the daycare people are raising her kid to be a better person than she is.
Oh zap. I told you that I was going to change my writing styles a few weeks ago lol. I trolled again. I promise I didn't mean anything mean with my smart mouth remarks. I'm the woman who was forced to blow her boss, football players dad, cheating husband after Marshall game etc....I have no life sadly other than bugging people. My apologies if I offended you.
2 posts removed
Derper

Huntington, WV

#139 Oct 16, 2013
Squishy.
Patrick

Saint Albans, WV

#140 Oct 16, 2013
Good one! I couldn't believe that there was someone out there as despicable as you "cashier" lol.
Wart Hog

New York, NY

#141 Oct 16, 2013
I don't live on ebt. Wouldn't bother me.
Silver

Chesapeake, OH

#142 Oct 25, 2013
The welfare moms who are popping out kids one after another should be fixed ; All recepients should be drug tested, Food Cards should have a fingerprint on them so they could not be sold for cash and the owner would have to use it for groceries. I frankly, am tired of working to support the dead beats and dope heads and the drug users who are all getting medical cards to pay for Suboxone, that they are selling on the street, now. That program has become a giant joke! Any druggie can buy it on the street now from the ones who are getting it with their medical card and selling it on the streets. Wake Up America! Most of us have worked all our lives and scrape to make ends meet for what? To have our checks taxed to support these kind of dregs of society. I will help them, but show they are worthy!
toTheSkankWhoMad eThisThre

Chesapeake, OH

#143 Oct 25, 2013
Or maaybe what about the young family that has two working people and a child and still need them too eat, i really hate people like you..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
older women 2 min youngin 20
matthew fortner arrested again !!! (Jul '13) 5 min Oh My God 16
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 8 min fitness-guru 57,207
Obama gives goofy speech, nobody claps lmao 33 min Tam Phat 17
Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty (Nov '12) 42 min cretin56 14
oddest time or place you had to poop 51 min lobster 8
suboxone program take medical card at htc 53 min Davy Jones 4
•••
•••
Huntington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Huntington Jobs

•••