United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Some people are not able to work because jobs are so scarce.
The nice person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

There are not many jobs so what are we supposed to do, starve?
Gosh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Economics major wrote:
<quoted text>
Rarely the case.
Statistically, there is a greater percentage of citizens abusing the welfare system then citizens that truly need assistance.
Numerous studies have pointed to people who are able to work and pay taxes but decide to collect benefits and work for cash under the table.
Drug testing would have little if any effect on curbing the abuse.
Please point to your peer-reviewed data. Thanks.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

working man wrote:
So, the EBT system crashed and people could not use the free money that working people like me provide (via taxes) and they start screaming about kids going hungry. Get a flipping job for goodness sake and start feeding your own offspring. Don't start the bs rhetoric that there are no jobs. Every fast food joint I pass on my way back and forth to work has HELP WANTED signs up.
Why don't you take one of those fast food jobs for 6 months and share your experience supporting your family with the world?
Jon Collier

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

working man wrote:
So, the EBT system crashed and people could not use the free money that working people like me provide (via taxes) and they start screaming about kids going hungry. Get a flipping job for goodness sake and start feeding your own offspring. Don't start the bs rhetoric that there are no jobs. Every fast food joint I pass on my way back and forth to work has HELP WANTED signs up.
Your prob one of those people that bitch about feeding the kids next door. And then donate 100 bucks to some third world country at 2am then feel good about yourself. A lot of people that receive Ebt work a fastfood job and need a little help feeding their children after they feed the obese rich rightwing hoes with a smile on their face.
wow

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Economics major wrote:
<quoted text>
Rarely the case.
Statistically, there is a greater percentage of citizens abusing the welfare system then citizens that truly need assistance.
Numerous studies have pointed to people who are able to work and pay taxes but decide to collect benefits and work for cash under the table.
Interesting information. I always thought that this was the case but I believe it a bit more after reading this.
cashier

Ford City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

I cannot stand waiting on people use ebt cards and clothing vouchers. I work my b*** off and do not qualify for any assistance because I apparently make to much as a cashier lol. Why should they? Most of them are over weight too so I know that they got plenty of food to spare. I am not polite to them at all if I think that they are milking the system which I think nearly all of them are.
just a bored person

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Economics major wrote:
<quoted text>
Rarely the case.
I don't agree with the whole thing but id like to see ur proof of this
Gosh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

cashier wrote:
I cannot stand waiting on people use ebt cards and clothing vouchers. I work my b*** off and do not qualify for any assistance because I apparently make to much as a cashier lol. Why should they? Most of them are over weight too so I know that they got plenty of food to spare. I am not polite to them at all if I think that they are milking the system which I think nearly all of them are.
I would fire you and then fight your unemployment claim.
cashier

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I would fire you and then fight your unemployment claim.
Good luck. With all the people who call off daily where I work the supervisors cant afford to fire anyone. Besides I'm a skilled liar and can snub my nose at the losers who pay with ebt and clothing vouchers without getting caught. Sometimes their food items do not get contaminated but they might get smashed as they get bagged. Anyways, my bosses feel the same as me too.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

You're no better than those folks with EBT cards.
cashier

Ford City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Gosh wrote:
You're no better than those folks with EBT cards.
Said the person with smash bread and broken eggs lol. I'm way better because I work instead of relying on someone else to help pay for my child.
Dude Watson

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

I can't imagine most food stamp recipients having anything left on their cards this late in the month anyway. Most of the ones I've seen blow through it in the 1st week and then go begging at the food pantry and churches. So, I doubt anyone went hungry...
1 post removed
Gosh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

cashier wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the person with smash bread and broken eggs lol. I'm way better because I work instead of relying on someone else to help pay for my child.
Nope.

Some people with EBT are trash, I'll readily agree. What you do because they have EBT makes you trash as well. I've known more than one clerk that resents EBT folks because they don't get a card themselves.
steve sanders

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Some people with EBT are trash, I'll readily agree. What you do because they have EBT makes you trash as well. I've known more than one clerk that resents EBT folks because they don't get a card themselves.
You are clueless, no really you are.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

What have I missed when some clerk proudly brags about damaging the food simply because the person uses and EBT card? I think that speaks volumes about the character of the clerk person.
resturuflt

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

cashier wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck. With all the people who call off daily where I work the supervisors cant afford to fire anyone. Besides I'm a skilled liar and can snub my nose at the losers who pay with ebt and clothing vouchers without getting caught. Sometimes their food items do not get contaminated but they might get smashed as they get bagged. Anyways, my bosses feel the same as me too.
mean person you are I call you
cashier

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Gosh wrote:
What have I missed when some clerk proudly brags about damaging the food simply because the person uses and EBT card? I think that speaks volumes about the character of the clerk person.
Only the ones who are grossly out of shape and that I think can work but choose not too. I do not do that to everybody who uses ebt or vouchers. Some of them are deserving of good treatment too, but not many. I'm a bi@tch at my own discretion.
Dude Watson

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

I'll bet Mt Dew and Banquet frozen meal sales were down 85% yeaterday.....
just a bored person

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

resturuflt wrote:
<quoted text>
mean person you are I call you
huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

158 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who is Rhonda Smalley 5 min CMHS 2
Locals that get treated/try to act like CELEBRI... 9 min nunya 11
Blacks destroy neighborhoods 16 min Jill 19
pot holes 31 min bruce 1
WV October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who... (Sep '11) 46 min Who ares 5,632
The crazy things liberals do... 51 min -zaphod- 66
abusive teacher at bville elementary 53 min tammyhankins 11
Christ Temple Crazies (Jun '13) 1 hr dopera 101
•••

Freeze Warning for Cabell County was issued at April 16 at 1:53PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••