Shane Thornton owner of shamrock's

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
the one

Huntington, WV

#1 Sep 3, 2011
He is a pos. Trashiest guy I have ever seen. Thoughts welcome
Hmmmmm

Scott Depot, WV

#2 Sep 4, 2011
you must not get out much.

Level 1

Since: Dec 10

South Point, OH

#3 Sep 4, 2011
What exactly is your problem with him?
him

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 4, 2011
That bar was so much better when Mackie owned it and it was Marlies. Shamrocks is a waste of time in my opinion. Oh yeah and the owner is a dick. So. I say get rid of Shamrocks and bring back the doghouse
haha

United States

#5 Sep 4, 2011
Shamrocks is probably one of the best bars in town.. How often do you actually see a fight or even dispute in the bar? I nvr have...its a good place to go and relax n drink to get away from all the "g"s of huntington.. Great atmosphere and great drink specials
jimmy

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 4, 2011
Dumbass hipsters
fan

Astoria, NY

#7 Sep 4, 2011
That is am awesome bar! Just as stated above no drama, no fights!! Where else can you find that around here? They also have amazing bartenders and there isn't underage drinking, every other bar or club seems to consist of a bunch of 18 year olds getting drunk and causing problems.
iknow2

Huntington, WV

#8 Sep 4, 2011
He is a POS. Just a bunch of drunks, coke on the bar. Put your drink down for a sec and look around and the lowlifes. Shane is the king. And I've seen several fights there, including w Shane!
Right

Crittenden, KY

#9 Sep 4, 2011
Shane is a good guy. Anyone who disagrees is worse than Hitler.
mu fan

Huntington, WV

#10 Sep 4, 2011
Shane was is a really nice guy. But I once rented from him and he was a horrible landlord. Some people are really not meant to be landlords. Very disorganized but him and his wife both was very sweet and very nice. After renting from him we just decided to buy our own home. So my opinion is just that he seemed like a really great guy and even invited us to his bar when we rented from him.But while they was more worried about the bar we spent a winter with no heat in our house. So I just feel his priorities are in the wrong place at times.
Haha

Huntington, WV

#11 Sep 4, 2011
No underage drinking at Shamrock's. That's funny. I have seen a bunch of kids in there drinking. Yes, there has been fights in there as well. That bar needs to do Huntington a favor a shut down. I have also witnessed the coke right on the damn bar, so yeah, that place is a sh*thole that only attracts POS drug addicts.
fan

United States

#12 Sep 5, 2011
Haha wrote:
No underage drinking at Shamrock's. That's funny. I have seen a bunch of kids in there drinking. Yes, there has been fights in there as well. That bar needs to do Huntington a favor a shut down. I have also witnessed the coke right on the damn bar, so yeah, that place is a sh*thole that only attracts POS drug addicts.
I'm a regular there I've never seen any of that. It seems you have places mixed up. Sounds like you just described rehab or peckers or one of those trashy little places all of the teenage whores go to cause drama. I have underage friends who refuse to go to shamrocks because they know they can't get by with drinking. And it seems you must go a good bit to have "seen" all of this stuff you claim. If you have such issues with it quit going. Simple enough.
1 post removed
Customer 1

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Sep 6, 2011
coke on the bar??? wow, u have never been there. They have the best bartenders in town. ive never waited 5min for a beer.
Customer 1

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Sep 6, 2011
him wrote:
That bar was so much better when Mackie owned it and it was Marlies. Shamrocks is a waste of time in my opinion. Oh yeah and the owner is a dick. So. I say get rid of Shamrocks and bring back the doghouse
can u spell Marleys??? ur horrible
Hmmmmm

Nitro, WV

#16 Sep 6, 2011
iknow2 wrote:
He is a POS. Just a bunch of drunks, coke on the bar. Put your drink down for a sec and look around and the lowlifes. Shane is the king. And I've seen several fights there, including w Shane!
Coke on the bar???? Well, that does it, I prefer Pepsi!
Bahahaha

New York, NY

#17 Sep 6, 2011
Lmao
missme

Huntington, WV

#18 Sep 8, 2011
Mm yeah I used to date a bartender there so I was there pretty much every night he worked & there was never a fight to my knowledge. There were a couple of underagers drinking one night & Shane kicked them out. Great bar, great people.
flower girl

Penn Laird, VA

#19 Sep 12, 2011
I am a regular at shamrocks and have been around Shane, his wife, and the rest of the staff quite a bit. I have never seen or heard of anything like coke on the bar (well, I used to see a lot of that when it was Marleys but that was all Mackie and Shane had nothing to do with the place at that time). I think Shane is a good guy who works really hard to provide us with a place in Huntington without a bunch of thugs, fights, drugs, etc. I know of several times that he has given a regular customers money or a bar tab because they were broke. He seems to be a good boss, a good friend, a good husband, and a good business owner (considering his is one of the only bars in town where there is no drama allowed). His staff seems to really like him and he and his wife are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Not sure how any of this makes him a POS but if it does I wish there were a lot more POS out there!
fed up

Astoria, NY

#20 Sep 12, 2011
flower girl wrote:
I am a regular at shamrocks and have been around Shane, his wife, and the rest of the staff quite a bit. I have never seen or heard of anything like coke on the bar (well, I used to see a lot of that when it was Marleys but that was all Mackie and Shane had nothing to do with the place at that time). I think Shane is a good guy who works really hard to provide us with a place in Huntington without a bunch of thugs, fights, drugs, etc. I know of several times that he has given a regular customers money or a bar tab because they were broke. He seems to be a good boss, a good friend, a good husband, and a good business owner (considering his is one of the only bars in town where there is no drama allowed). His staff seems to really like him and he and his wife are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Not sure how any of this makes him a POS but if it does I wish there were a lot more POS out there!
Agreed.
YUP

Huntington, WV

#21 Sep 13, 2011
Somebody must have had their feelings hurt...I've known Shane and his wife for years and they are good as gold.
Shane is very blunt. He may be rough around the edges but when it's your money tied up and your future (or the futures of your family) depending on the success of the business you built, you get to be a dick when necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huntington Blacks 48 min Tired of Hearing It 46
Christiany, Racism, sexism, and classism 1 hr Tired of Hearing It 28
Best church in Huntington 2 hr big b 57
Frat house idiots 2 hr pike 33
Tessa riffe is a worthless hor 2 hr customer 6
union at cabell 3 hr Charleston RN 3
Sexual Harassment at SMMC (Oct '14) 3 hr Preacher Man 26
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]