5 Tips to Live Well with Epilepsy

Apr 21, 2013 Read more: Patch.com

For people with epilepsy , the onset of recurring seizures can be frightening. While many people with the condition live full and active lives, including driving a vehicle, working outside the home and playing sports, it may be necessary to make some lifestyle changes.

Read more

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#1 Apr 21, 2013
I understood the pts. made all to well.

Understanding what you can & can't do with a lot of conditions is always key. I spent yrs. ignoring some of them & am sure I paid a price for it.
I noticed this mainly because of the words in the first paragraph,about being frightened or scared of recurring szs.
I actually had a LOT of T.C. szs. for 15 yrs. before I understood how scared others can be with this. Part of it may have been a tuff guy persona,while a lot of it had to do with how much I had positive in my life & I saw it as more of an annoyance,also my general attitude with life has always been to be thankful for what I have & we don't have to look far to see something much worse.
I struggle sometimes because I am not sure what to say to others when discussing this & I say this has never scared me,they are looking to me for encouragement, so understanding how frightening the thought of what their next move, or what their next nights sleep might bring is hard for me.
This is not the same physical problem that so many other health issues are,in that it also has & can have a serious VERY deep seated mental side to it. It may not destroy you physically but it will drive you insane faster than anything I have seen .
Understanding our body & minds is easier when we take small steps. Knowing this just mis firing of neurons has to be 1st.
I could ramble all day with things I've learned ,but would rather leave it ,with my thoughts & true concerns for others for people that struggle with this. Take small steps & laughter is now as much a requirement as all the meds in the world . smiling is positive thing. Peace. Rick

Since: Dec 11

Mumbai, India

#2 Aug 1, 2013
Living with epilepsy presents unique challenges. For most people with this condition. Here Superdrugsaver top physician suggest you some tips to live well with epilepsy. Keep dairy with you.Pen down about seizure, when they occur, what happens, what you're doing, if you experience strange sensations before they occur.Make the most of your appointments. Like to share your epilepsy diary with you health care provider.Speak up when you think you need a different type dosage of medication to get the best control of your seizures. Make sure you are discussing side effects of medications with your doctors.You can also build a health care team, build a health care team that includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacist and caregivers. If you are having difficulty controlling your seizures, you may want to see a physician who specializes in epilepsy, called an epidemiologist.It is better if you taking your medication as prescribed. Also check your prescriptions when you pick them up from the pharmacy to ensure they are correct.Get plenty of sleep and avoid to have alcohol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Woods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breast Milk Banks Proposed In Legislation To He... Mar 30 Free Kwame 1
News Supporters Pay Respects For Two Detroit Childre... Mar 28 reality is a crutch 1
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) Mar 28 Katherine 135
Why do white people mimic black features? (Aug '08) Mar 27 raiwoo 344
News Southfield woman among 11 metro Detroit residen... Mar 27 Poo-Bear 5
Review: Bojax Collision (Dec '09) Mar 26 Victim patron 25
We're looking for a good builder for our deck Mar 24 Sharon 1
More from around the web

Huntington Woods People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]