What's your opinion of the January 20...

What's your opinion of the January 2011 Huntington City Council Meeting?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Wazzzuupppp

Cleveland, GA

#1 Jan 25, 2011
Inquiring minds would love to know what people thought of the City Council Meeting?
Happy Heifer

Katy, TX

#2 Jan 25, 2011
In my opinion the citizens of Huntington are being screwed! You have a whole bunch of so called christian business leaders that are hiding behind the church doors!!!!! They claim to be something they are not!! The city council meeting was a JOKE!!! The only ones to really get to speak without being interrupted was Joann Ricks{council member Willie Rick's wife}and Vivian Henson{city secretary Betsy Gregson's sister}.Imagine that! People of Huntington you need to take a stand against all the ignorant people leading YOUR city! I find it so funny the city officials called in extra law enforcement because supposedly an elderly gentleman threatened Betsy.Did they see it?

Since: Dec 10

Grapeland, TX

#3 Jan 25, 2011
Well with what is on the horizon, there won't be enough money in both the banks to bail the city out of what is about to happen to them. If anybody is connected with the city (personal, professional or private) you are about to get a rude awakening. Karma is on the way........ Do I smell subpoena's???
TIRED OF CITY

Crockett, TX

#4 Jan 26, 2011
OOOHHHHH YYYEEAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ITS CRUMBLING DOWN PEOPLE!!!!!! What comes around goes around!!!!
TallPinesETX

Cleveland, GA

#5 Jan 26, 2011
To Those that "don't know", it is no longer BUSINESS AS USUAL in the City Hall building of Huntington, TX..bug's are crawling all over the place...!!!

Since: Jul 12

Katy, TX

#6 Oct 30, 2012
Hmmm, interesting thread. I found this thread by accident. Thought I would revive it. I haven't seen any of these posters names before. I wonder what happen to them?

Location hidden

#7 Nov 10, 2012
Up Up and Away wrote:
Hmmm, interesting thread. I found this thread by accident. Thought I would revive it. I haven't seen any of these posters names before. I wonder what happen to them?
I hope they check back in and see if they can add some information. I was present at the meeting and it was a circus that night, it was hard to believe what I saw happening. The Council had been told some hogwash and they believed it hook line and sinker. They were scared to death someone was going to shoot them that night.

Katy, TX

#8 Nov 10, 2012
How do you know they had been told that? Cause some council member said so? I believe you, but I have doubts about what you was told. Gov bodies will always use the "threat" card to get rid of people that is questioning what do.

I wasn't there but I do want to say if people was screaming and hollering, I don't agree with that. Citizens have a responsibility to act respectable in public meetings.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 10, 2012
There was no misconduct from the ones bringing the complaints and they were interrupted several times. The Council was told they had a vendetta against Betsy for the firing of a police officer who was a close friend of his and so he was trying to get back at Betsy. The "old retaliation" story they love to tell. It is still City Hall's excuse for anyone asking questions or reporting incidents. I guess it must be in the water here in Huntington. Everyone is retaliating for some made up incident don't you know? The Council doesn't want to look into any of the complaints, my goodness if they did they may have to do something about it.

Katy, TX

#10 Nov 11, 2012
inacar wrote:
There was no misconduct from the ones bringing the complaints and they were interrupted several times. The Council was told they had a vendetta against Betsy for the firing of a police officer who was a close friend of his and so he was trying to get back at Betsy. The "old retaliation" story they love to tell. It is still City Hall's excuse for anyone asking questions or reporting incidents. I guess it must be in the water here in Huntington. Everyone is retaliating for some made up incident don't you know? The Council doesn't want to look into any of the complaints, my goodness if they did they may have to do something about it.
The council are scared of their own shadows!! It is no wonder they sit back and continue to do teh bidding of bruce and betsy. Until there is a TOTAL change in the upper management of city hall and the mayor and council, nothing is going to change in the city if huntington. It seems that people who 'run' for council positions have good intentions (at least the ones I've talked to have) but once they get in there, all their good intentions go down the drain. I'm sure it is hard to go in there with no support and being stopped at every turn. The old 'we've always done it this way' standard keeps coming into play. Having witnessed council meetings, I have to say, they are a bit of a circus!!! I guess that means we know who the clowns of the city of huntington are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Numerous Deep East Texas Jack-in-the-Box restau... Jun '17 mr nobody 2
newks Jun '17 mr nobody 2
Zavalla Polcie Chief (Nov '16) Jun '17 mr nobody 3
Sheila Ann Morton missing (Aug '14) Jun '17 Still concerned 12
Stephen Yates arrested again! (Oct '13) May '17 Bebe Savannahs fr... 18
News Hudson ISD teacher arrested for improper relati... Apr '17 Principle 1
Speed Trap Apr '17 WolfPack 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance