FYI: Huntington Council Members

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 6, 2012
I lost track on whose up for Council reelection in 2013. I was told by Bruce Milstead today that Woolbright, Spivey, and Harris are good on their terms through 2014. In 2013 Ricks, Denby, and Malone will be up for reelection. So do you know anyone that may be interested in running for a Council seat, so we can have a real election for a change? You have to sign up the first of next year and the only requirement is you have lived inside the City limits for one full year and provide proof. Let's start beating the bushes and find some interested citizens with financial experience to run.

Katy, TX

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Great information inacar!!!! I will be sure to get the word out. Maybe we can get lucky and find some citizens that are willing to stand up for what is right and become council members!!
Who knew

Houston, TX

#3 Aug 7, 2012
I know this is a bit off subject,but since you 2seem to be the only ones here with knowledge, do you know why Bruce is still judge in zavalla ? I thought they were getting rid of him there?

Location hidden

#4 Aug 7, 2012
Who knew wrote:
I know this is a bit off subject,but since you 2seem to be the only ones here with knowledge, do you know why Bruce is still judge in zavalla ? I thought they were getting rid of him there?
I understand at the next meeting (tonight) that it will be discussed and I heard two versions, Bruce would resign or he will wait for the vote.From what I read the Zavalla Council is very divided on what they think is the right direction for Zavalla and they have had a lot of interference from "outsiders" stirring the pot including Bruce Milstead. I can't understand why he is fighting so hard for that job, how much could he be paid for a couple hours of work once a month? Interesting indeed. In my opinion Bruce has shown nothing but disrespect for the people of Zavalla, it's really heard to understand why they would want to continue that employment.

Katy, TX

#5 Aug 7, 2012
how can anyone respect a person (I csn't even bring myself to call him a man) who is supposed to be city judge in zavalla, however conducts all the business for zavalla while employed with the city of huntington. my understanding is the ONLY time he makes an appearance in zavalla is during the city council meetings. all his "judgly" duties for zavalla are taken care of while he sits his happy self at a desk in huntington city hall.

considering the monies that the cities of huntington, zavalla, and hudson are having to reimburse the state because while bruce was judge for all three cities at the same time it was not paid properly to the state. I would think that all three cities would have gotten rid of him long ago. Hudson seems to be the smartest of the three cities, they did let him go.

Katy, TX

#6 Aug 7, 2012
Milstead earns 7200 per year. No one claims to ever seen him have court or perform any judge related activities.

Katy, TX

#7 Aug 7, 2012
I guess that would mean that he is getting paid "double" ... the city of zavalla pays him for not having court, while the city of huntington pays him to take the zavalla related phone calls while he is there. Must be nice to do nothing and get paid for it.

Katy, TX

#8 Aug 7, 2012
I don't think its right to have a judge and not have time the judge is at the courthouse. How is anyone going to be able to talk to the judge?
Who knew

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 7, 2012
It's in the lufkin daily news today that attorneys say that zavallas closed city council meeting was illegal.....interesting !

Katy, TX

#10 Aug 7, 2012
maybe this attorney needs to be at more east texas council meetings... who knows, could it be possible that more "illegal" things would be brought to light??

Katy, TX

#11 Aug 7, 2012
I think that attorney needs to hear both sides of the story before he says something is illegal
Who knew

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 7, 2012
I was thinking the exact same thing! All it's going to take is someone to open that can of worms on him and investigate him in both places, maybe we will be around to see karma yet!!!!

Katy, TX

#13 Aug 7, 2012
an UNBIASED investigation needs to take place, that is for sure. Amazing that the city of huntington HIRES a firm to do their audits, and that the state has not come in unannounced to do the same. I honestly believe that if an audit was done on the spur of the moment, then some things would come to light.

Katy, TX

#14 Aug 7, 2012
What happened to the amazing DIDDLY SQUAT?

Any of yall hear from him anymore?

Katy, TX

#15 Aug 7, 2012
Not a word from Diddly Squat.... wonder if it is someone who works at hungtington city hall?????

guess diddly got a squat full and decided to take some time off till after tonights council meeting in zavalla

Katy, TX

#16 Aug 7, 2012
I think Zavalla is trying really hard to get rid of Milstead. I think he is fighting them. It seems if a town doesn't want you, best thing to do is pack your bags and leave.

Katy, TX

#17 Aug 7, 2012
I agree with you Up Up and Away.... I understand him fighting it, because he will loose that little check each month that he gets for not doing anything.... wish I could get paid for not doing anything, I could be rich :)
Who knew

Houston, TX

#18 Aug 7, 2012
Not a word from diddly…but I'm sure he will be back…city probably told him to back off before we figured out who he was! Or she! Lol!!! I'm in amazement how long they have got away with their ways…I have seen officers come and go the last 7 years, if they don't do what Bruce or betsy tells them, they get fired or forced to quit , if they all came foward and told what they KNOW things would change!

Katy, TX

#19 Aug 7, 2012
all I know for certain, is wherever there is Bruce Milstead, there is trouble.

Katy, TX

#20 Aug 7, 2012
I agree with you, who knew, I'm sure the city told him/her to back off a little. I have a couple friends who works for the city, but I REFUSE to put these friends in a position that would get them in trouble, so I DO NOT ask them anything about the goings on at the city, and they don't tell me anything. We were given the raw end of the deal with the city, and I would hate for anyone else to experience the same thing. Everything I say on here is either from personal experience, or what I have heard around town. And from what I hear around town, unless I feel it is coming from someone I trust and that is reliable, I don't repeat it.

As for the turn over in the police officers and city employees, not only what they know, but what they an PROVE!!! I wish they would ALL come forward at a council meeting that has the attorney from houston and the media there and just let it all roll!!! That would be entertainment for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leeann Daniels Apr 28 2fly4awhiteguy 2
News Deputies arrest Lufkin duo after 100-mph motorc... Apr 27 angie 1
City of Huntington Volunteer Fire Department Apr 25 Frustrated Citizen 1
Huntington teacher sends beaver shots Apr 21 username 2
Audibel Apr 21 username 3
News H.S. Soccer regional quarterfinal scores Apr 8 uh oh 1
Review: El Canon Auto Sales LLC (Jul '14) Apr 7 Clark 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages