TOP 5 Diners

Full story: Newsday

At times, it may seem that there is but one diner on Long Island - one that was somehow cloned and distributed throughout Nassau and Suffolk.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RMS

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Long Islander wrote:
Who remembers the old Town Diner in Cedarhurst?... great place, great memories!!
I do!!! I used to hang out there in the mid 60's.I remember a guy named Augie who ran it along with someone else whose name escapes me. Great place to go after going to the Central Theater where I used to get thrown out almost weekly by the manager whose name was Sol. Cedarhurst sure has changed.That was another lifetime ago.Great memories though.
Barrell Rider

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Mike wrote:
Majestic Diner Westbury onOld Country Rd is our #1 favorite. Always crowded but good service, friendly staff - and the food is always fresh. Best omelets around. Been going there since the day it opened and have never been disappointed.
Yes, the Majestic was a must stop when we lived in the area a few years back. Never had bad service or bad food and nobody had a bigger Greek salad than the Majestic!!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Barrell Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody had a bigger Greek salad than the Majestic!!
or a bigger Greek owner!!!!
zoe

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

The hilite diner was the BEST!!!! diner on LI w/ the best chef everr! haa how can you say thatt hilite diner has been around longer then you can imagine with great service and great people
zoe

Shoreham, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

the hilite diner was an excelent diner.The hilite diner has been around longer than you can imagine with great service and food.

“smart@ss...that' s me!!!”

Bohemia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

zoe wrote:
The hilite diner was the BEST!!!! diner on LI w/ the best chef everr! haa how can you say thatt hilite diner has been around longer then you can imagine with great service and great people
Easy, because it was true...I worked in the bank across the street from the Hi-lite for 4yrs and every week the diner was shut down by the health dept. As a matter of fact the diner has been closed down for a while now...
Barrell Rider

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

holysmokes wrote:
<quoted text>or a bigger Greek owner!!!!
LOLK-that is true.

I also just remembered the Omega Diner in New Hyde Park (I think) on Lakeville or New Hyde Park Road, near Jericho Tpke; I may have the strets wrong. Great omelettes and excellent service. This was the place to go when I could still eat double cheeseburger platters; the burgers were among the best!
Otis The Negro

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Wrong. The greatest Diner on Earth is Jimmys Diner located on the Montauk Highway in Mastic
Bob Eubanks

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

Try Cafe Royale.

The food is good, the atmosphere is great.
Cowboy

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2007

You do realize whenever somebody rips a diner and then says "I would rather eat at..." they are either the owner or friends of the owner, don't you?
buster

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2007

I like Mom's.
CORVA

Allentown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Mike wrote:
Majestic Diner Westbury onOld Country Rd is our #1 favorite. Always crowded but good service, friendly staff - and the food is always fresh. Best omelets around. Been going there since the day it opened and have never been disappointed.
My X introduced me to Majestic on Old Country Road, it's the only diner i know of on Long Island that you can get an actual MEAL, not eggs or something random, but pasta dishes and it all tastes amazing, as if you're at an actual formal place. Very laid back, gets crowded on weekends but wait is never too long and the food is amazing. I'm younger, only 20, but i know people of my age, and younger or older who all are obsessed with it too.

YOU ALL NEED TO TRY IT, WELL WORTH IT
CORVA

Allentown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Barrell Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Majestic was a must stop when we lived in the area a few years back. Never had bad service or bad food and nobody had a bigger Greek salad than the Majestic!!
Their salads are HUGE, but GREEK is def my favorite one there. YOU ALL NEED TO TRY MAJESTIC, I'M TELLING YOU, FOOD IS AWESOME.

DEF A HOT LAID BACK HOT SPOT ON WEEKENDS AS WELL

Tell the owner, or waitress, Corva sent ya(they know me very well)
CORVA

Allentown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

I don't know why it says i'm from New Hyde Park but I'm NOT! lol from Manhasset and i drive all the way to westbury just for Majestic, now that's a true fan

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2008

CORVA wrote:
<quoted text>
My X introduced me to Majestic on Old Country Road, it's the only diner i know of on Long Island that you can get an actual MEAL, not eggs or something random, but pasta dishes and it all tastes amazing, as if you're at an actual formal place. Very laid back, gets crowded on weekends but wait is never too long and the food is amazing. I'm younger, only 20, but i know people of my age, and younger or older who all are obsessed with it too.
YOU ALL NEED TO TRY IT, WELL WORTH IT
I thoroughly concur. I drive all the way from the Five Towns on the south shore near the Queens border to go to the Majestic.
missy m

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

hi lite diner mysteriously burned down last night. go figure
julie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

The colony diner in eastmeadow great food great service
julie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Barrell Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
now under new management
big joe

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

went ther sat nite terryville fd was having their carnival seaport diner parking lot was packed i guess they were having their fireworks show anyway my daughter who is 11 is a picky eater she likes mcdonalds on saturdays my wife cooks 6 days a week we go in she had her french fries left and the old man says we cant go in with the fries from mcdonalds i says are ya kidding me she is a kid she aint gonna eat your food i says you let all these people come on your property to watch the show and your busting my balls over french fries ? he mumbled something about the health department coming on saturday night ? ya kidding me right ?so i says alright lets eat we ate there food was good as always but ill never go there again hey look i wasnt born yesterday or today if i was the fire cheif of terryville fd are you gonna tell me my kid cant bring french fries in ? i dont think so this guy picks and chooses upon leaving this family comes in and the 2 kids and the mother ask to use the bathroom already the guys got an attitude so the husband orders a piece of cake just to satisfy the old man who by now is totally pissed so i says a pal you want all these people on your property looking at the fireworks then let em use the bathroom hey look you wanna dance ya gotta pay the band pal suck it up my wife says shes gonna go back to this diner so i says you go i aint spending another dime in his joint good luck this guys picks and chooses the rules i could see if its an adult coming in with food no good it aint right but you know all kids are picky gimme a break other than that i gotta say the food was good but ill never go back seems to me this guy will bend the rules for ceartain people if ya know what i mean but not for the average guy good luck
big joe

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

missy m wrote:
hi lite diner mysteriously burned down last night. go figure
all the diners burn down mysteriously when they want to renovate if ya get what i mean look around and youll find this to be true

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huntington Station Discussions

Search the Huntington Station Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 5 hr Habanero Harv 16,760
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 18 hr Bruser 2,243
Body found in North Bay Shore (Aug '08) Tue Itty my 14
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue Go Blue Forever 6,314
The two faces of Harvey Finkelstein (Dec '07) Jul 7 goldstone report 58
Dr. Harvey Finkelstein : THE RE USE OF SYRINGES (Feb '09) Jul 6 Someone 2
Review: Maxy Nails Jul 6 Monica 2
•••
•••

Huntington Station News Video

•••
•••

Huntington Station Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••