Huntington Station chickens run a fow...

Huntington Station chickens run a fowl of town law

There are 43 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Huntington Station chickens run a fowl of town law. In it, Newsday reports that:

Why did the chicken cross the road in Huntington ? It might have been an effort to hide from code enforcement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bonacker

Port Washington, NY

#42 Nov 24, 2008
Shocked wrote:
Must be the "new" folks to L.I. who are complaining. On the street where I was born in Hempstead, we all had chickens. Polish, Italians, Gypsies and Blacks had them. There was a Puerto Rican family who had them in the 60's. We'd pass by their house on the way to school. Now, L.I. is losing its country origins. I'd rather have chickens in my nabe, than pit bulls roaming the streets.
You got it. Most Long Islanders nowadays are so removed from the outside world it is really disturbing. It adds to the negative Long Island stereotypes that abound. Best wishes to this family and other raises a few birds on their property. I saw on News 12 the town supervisor was in agreement that chicken should be allowed. In fact, he was surprised to learn they werent allowed under any condition.
liz

East Setauket, NY

#44 Jun 16, 2011
Anyone in the New York/Jersey/Penn area looking to buy a chicken coop for your precious birds? Amish built. Lasts forever. It comes with six free chickens. We can also build salt box coops for those of you who live closer to the city. Find organic feed and bedding here too! CHECK IT OUT www.mohawkcabins.com
Concerned Mother

Edison, NJ

#46 Dec 8, 2011
PROUD AMERICAN VET wrote:
Hey Huntingtown Code Enforcement go check the area around E 3Rd St North of Polaski Rd. You will find thousands of chickens, not to mention duck's. I guess this area doesn't matter though, because it is all occupied by illegal Spanish Speaking People. Oh one other thing you might just find lots of Crack and Pot in that area also.
You must be a regular! I live in the area,do I know you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Apr 21 Jackass 48
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) Apr 21 Elisabeth Vescovi 6
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Apr 18 Under a Palm 1,821
News MS-13 Gang "Entrenched" On Long Island (Aug '07) Apr 13 LibHater 111
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Apr 2 Nikki 95
uncle sam /// spit (May '07) Apr 1 david matte 35
News Police: Man Arrested for Reckless Endangerment ... (Feb '11) Mar 26 You are a Douchebag 6

Huntington Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Station Mortgages