Government's volunteer deportation pr...

Government's volunteer deportation program criticized

There are 69 comments on the Newsday story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Government's volunteer deportation program criticized. In it, Newsday reports that:

The U.S. government is offering a deal for immigrants who entered the country illegally: Show up, 'fess up and possibly get a free plane ticket home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wtobias

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2008
immigrants are the ones whe applyed for and receved green cards and permisson to be here crimminals are the ones who cheat and tresspass our borders steal ids or to receve goverment handouts the companys that hire undocumented of fake id workers need to be fined or closed down no jobs no handouts .
who pays

Holtsville, NY

#3 Aug 1, 2008
A pathetic, meaningless and toothless attempt by a pathetic administration and congress to pretend that they are doing something about illegal immigration. Even more sickening are those pro illegal alien groups like the Long Island Illegal Immigration Alliance that oppose even a volunteer program. The program is doomed anyway with the two presidential candidates who are pro illegal immigration and useless panderers on the illegal immigration issue which has not even been brought up by either. Obama is off the charts with his left wing immigration stance.
WhatAreTheyServi ng2Day

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 1, 2008
who pays wrote:
A pathetic, meaningless and toothless attempt by a pathetic administration and congress to pretend that they are doing something about illegal immigration. Even more sickening are those pro illegal alien groups like the Long Island Illegal Immigration Alliance that oppose even a volunteer program. The program is doomed anyway with the two presidential candidates who are pro illegal immigration and useless panderers on the illegal immigration issue which has not even been brought up by either. Obama is off the charts with his left wing immigration stance.
Set up a posse. Forget this volunteer [email protected]

Jose Lopez should be hunted down and kicked RIGHT BACK to Honduras! When he is ready to follow the rules, ONLY THEN should he be permitted back into the country.
StaceyNC

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2008
Ignorance, hate and misinformation like the other comments here are reasons why idiotic "volunteer" programs like this will not work. We need compassionate, comprehensive immigration reform that fixes all of the immigration issues, and doesn't waste money on some psychotic program that no one will use. If the gov't and ICE opened their eyes to the real issues, xenophobists comments and irrationale would not be tolerate or needed. Reform immigration, save our country. Focus on crimes like murder and rape and pedofiles and gangs, not on workers (who contribute to society, whether racists believe it or not).
Round - em Up

AOL

#6 Aug 1, 2008
At least someone is speaking about doing something about this infestation of miscreant cockaroaches!
Super Sam

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#7 Aug 1, 2008

Criminals!

By Oliver Hagley
Those arguing on behalf of illegal aliens and their "rights" often play
word games in appealing to the pride of real Americans.

"Immigrants Built America" and "We are all Immigrants" are popular slogans
at pro-illegal alien protests and in jargon used by those who favor open
borders, regardless of the impact on America's homeland security, economy
or culture.
What the anti rule-of-law crowd omits is the crucial word "legal," as in
"legal immigrants." While itўs true that we are all descendants of
immigrants, it is not true that our forefathers came to America illegally.

America was not built by illegal aliens!

Migrating to America legally is, and should be, a long, drawn-out procedure
meant to protect the interests of American citizens. It involves more than
simply jumping a fence and heading north in pursuit of free health care,
education, food stamps, and other handouts paid for by U.S. taxpayers.

Legal immigration means enduring rigorous hurdles like background checks to
detect a criminal background or possible ties to terrorists; medical
examinations to detect diseases still prevalent in third-world nations, but
long since eradicated here; proof of financial solvency so as to prevent
newcomers from becoming a burden on U.S. taxpayers, and testing for
knowledge of American history and English skills.

Those who have jumped a fence into America in order to avoid our
immigration checks are not immigrants. Rather, they are invading criminals,
with no claim whatsoever to the welcome mat extended to legal immigrants.

Such people do not deserve recognition or sanction by the United States,
and should be rounded up and deported as soon as possible, without
exception.

Another word game played by pro-illegal aliens is to call these miscreants
"undocumented." The implication of this term is that the invaders are
simply missing a piece of paper or two, probably some unnecessary
bureaucratic red tape designed to keep brown people out.

In truth, illegal aliens have invaded our nation, leaving America
vulnerable to undetected crime, terrorism, disease, and financial
devastation at the hands of people with no legal or moral justification for
being here.
Aye Carumba

Henan, China

#8 Aug 1, 2008
StaceyNC wrote:
Ignorance, hate and misinformation like the other comments here are reasons why idiotic "volunteer" programs like this will not work. We need compassionate, comprehensive immigration reform that fixes all of the immigration issues, and doesn't waste money on some psychotic program that no one will use. If the gov't and ICE opened their eyes to the real issues, xenophobists comments and irrationale would not be tolerate or needed. Reform immigration, save our country. Focus on crimes like murder and rape and pedofiles and gangs, not on workers (who contribute to society, whether racists believe it or not).
A reformed illegal immigrant is a deported illegal immigrant!

If being labeled a racist means wanting the law to be enforced then so be it. Call it what you want but these people are breaking the law regardless of their race or creed.

If a bunch of illegal immigrants infesting the U.S. were Muslims, would you call those wanting them out anti-semites?

Get a clue, will ya.
I laugh last

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Aug 1, 2008
I find no flaw with this plan except the word volunteer.

take that away, and we got a business.
plopsdad

United States

#10 Aug 1, 2008
StaceyNC wrote:
Thank you for proving me wrong, until now i did think it possbile someone could have their head so far up their ass.
Joseb

United States

#11 Aug 1, 2008
StaceyNC wrote:
I tell you what; until our spineless elected civil servants do what the Legal Taxpaying American Citizens have been telling them what to do for years; you can foot the bill on the Illegal Aliens in this country?

The code word for Amnesty is "Comprehensive Immigration Reform"; the people do not want that, how many more times is the government going to try shoving that down our throats? There is absolutely nothing wrong with our immigration policies today; they just are not enforced, that is the problem!!!

Wise up.

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 1, 2008
StaceyNC wrote:
How about those reconquistas? What would you say to them?
www.mexica-movement.org

or the ones that say they are taking back the USA for "Aztlan".

How about the mexican consulate agreeing with the reconquista?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

What about these folks that have been brainwashed to believe reconquista agenda?
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#13 Aug 1, 2008
Indyeast wrote:
<quoted text>
How about those reconquistas? What would you say to them?
www.mexica-movement.org
or the ones that say they are taking back the USA for "Aztlan".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GIW-BZ8oLrkXX
How about the mexican consulate agreeing with the reconquista?
What about these folks that have been brainwashed to believe reconquista agenda?
How about La Raza? Could you have a group made up exclusively of white North Americans, with an agenda that was all about themselves at the expense of everyone else without being labeled a hate group, or a racist organization? No, of course not. But a group of, by, and for Hispanics at the expense of everyone else, that's fine.
We hear way too much from these special interest groups today. It is time to return to representative government and have the voices of American citizens be heard and respected. The 'Amnesty Bill' clearly doesn't have the support of Americans who simply want the existing laws enforced. Why should that be such a problem?
The Republicans and the McCain campaign continue to solicit me for money. I simply write "Close the borders then get back to me" and return the note in their pre-paid envelope. I will keep doing that, and won't support either presidential candidate until a candidate emerges with the backbone to enforce existing laws.
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#15 Aug 1, 2008
Oh, by the way, I will volunteer to pay the way back for one illegal who agrees not to come back except as a accepted legal immigrant. The volunteer program could get plenty of support from Americans too.
nyhc

Newington, CT

#16 Aug 1, 2008
GO HOME !!!!!!,ROUND THEM UP AND PUT THEM IN CATTLE CARS AND SEND THEM HOME OR JUST SHOOT THEM ALL IN THE HEAD WHEN YOU FIND THEM
bill

Baldwin, NY

#17 Aug 1, 2008
So what the Illegals are saying is ," Drop Dead we're not going anywhere until WE"RE ready ! And after all who's going to do anything about it ??? When you've got politicans like our two Senators supporting them L.I.'s legis. Cooper who says E-Verify is no good ,( It's 99.5% right on and anyone with a problem still works until it's resolved ) Nice try Cooper ! And with the exception of Congressman King , ALL the other Long Island Congresspeople have voted for AMNESTY and EVERYTHING else for ILLEGAL ALIENS , remember them on election day ! And those Illegals who do show up will be getting a free ride home for their visit and will just hop the fence right back again , after all who's gonna stop them ??? Not to dark in those shadows when you can see the Illegals filpping you the bird !!
StaceyNC

United States

#18 Aug 1, 2008
Wow are you guys ALIPAC, NumbersUSA or another neo-nazi outfit?

You're all insane and you hate will be the end of you.

I will pray for your forgiveness, btw Jesus was not white, so becareful on judgement day.
Pathetic

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#19 Aug 1, 2008
What a pathetic government we suffer under. The scum in Washington spread tyranny at home and murder abroad yet they can't even defend the borders of the 'kuntry'. Now, they beg the invaders to voluntarily leave. Give me and a few dozen of my compatriots unlimited supplies of ammunition and a free hand at the border and the immigration problem will solve itself in short order. And, we'll do it for free. How about it Uncle Samuel?
Pathetic

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#20 Aug 1, 2008
StaceyNC wrote:
I will pray for your forgiveness, btw Jesus was not white, so becareful on judgement day.
You and your Jeebus can go Ef yourselfs.
Aye Carumba

Henan, China

#21 Aug 1, 2008
StaceyNC wrote:
Sounds like you knew him personally.

Or is what you mentioned about him in your post something you heard or have been told?
Kathryn

United States

#22 Aug 1, 2008
Hopefully things will get bad enough here that the illegals will be begging to go home. As the cost of living in the US skyrockets and the value of the remittances falls because of the devaluation of the dollar, there is going to be less and less reasons to stay in the US.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that in 5 years, the illegal immigrant population could be cut in half, and then Congress could start talking about some sort of limited amnesty program for those that remain. As long as the border is secure and no illegals are going to come flooding in again.

And if this program helps fly illegal Mexican immigrants back home, rather than dumping them outside the border to be preyed upon in in Tijuana, then it's a win for illegals too. A big part of the problem with deported illegals is that they just end up stuck in TJ without any money or a way to get back home, so they come right back over the border.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 3 hr Bruser 2,637
News E. Islip named in list of top suburbs (May '07) Jun 23 look into it 261
News Cops: Wantagh Man Burglarized 10 Homes in 3 Months (Sep '10) Jun 14 Grammar Nazi 292
Review: David Sanders Dance Dynamics (Nov '08) Jun 14 Mommabear 15
News Menu for hiring at Nassau jail? (Jul '07) Jun 7 dennis woody sr 24
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Jun 7 Anonymous 45
Review: Edward J Yule Law Offices (Nov '08) May 31 alanjshort 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Station Mortgages