The year the students walked out

The year the students walked out

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Sep 20, 2006, titled The year the students walked out. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Where: Carpenter Performing Arts Center, Cal State Long Beach campus, 6200 E. Atherton St., Long Beach When: 7 p.m. Thursday; 6 p.m. reception with cast members and protest participants Admission: Free, but reservations required Information: 985-5136 or advocacy@csulb.edu IN 1968, PAULA CRISOSTOMO and her classmates at Lincoln High School in East ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Mexicana_curiosa

Dayton, TX

#1 Jun 2, 2009
Sal y Paula changed Chicano life in education forever. School wouldn't be the same without them. Now, High school drop out rates are going up again and most of the teens dropping out are Mexican Americans or Chicanos. Yo no soy Chicana because I was born in Mexico, but I know the pain of discrimination and without the experience there wouldn't be a goal. Without the goal, there wouldn't be an accomplishment. The reason I went to this page is because I wanted to know more about the East L.A. 13. I saw walkout the movie and I really did not have much detail about the East L.A. 13. I was curious so i just googled it. Thanks for the info.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#2 Jun 2, 2009
"In real life, the 13 indicted protesters were released from less glamorous city lockups with almost no fanfare, says the real-life Sal Castro, who is watching the filming anonymously from the wings. "The script got a little fanciful," says Castro of the screenplay by several writers. "When we really got out of jail, there was nobody there. Ni las moscas (not even the flies).""

Source:Reborn in East L.A.
By Agustin Gurza, Times Staff Writer
December 25, 2005
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/dec/25/enter...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of Thousands Attend in Women's March i... 44 min secret Asian man 54
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Alihra 20,849
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 32,753
Mexican Consulates Flooded With Fearful Immigrants 3 hr Hillary Vomit 7
News 'Weird Al' still armed with wit - and an accordion 3 hr Spotted Girl 4
enough is enough 7 hr secret Asian man 1
News Thousands descend on downtown LA for a Free the... 7 hr secret Asian man 38

Huntington Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Park Mortgages