Girl Scout Troop Leader Accused of St...

Girl Scout Troop Leader Accused of Stealing Cookie Money

There are 4 comments on the KTLA-TV Los Angeles story from May 2, 2012, titled Girl Scout Troop Leader Accused of Stealing Cookie Money. In it, KTLA-TV Los Angeles reports that:

The leader of a San Gabriel Valley Girl Scout troop has been arrested for allegedly treating herself to perks on the troop's dime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTLA-TV Los Angeles.

rosemary

South El Monte, CA

#1 May 3, 2012
If Verna is smart enough to run for City Council and to be so active in local politics, then how could she be so blind as to let so much money slip through her troops fingers? Is that what would happen with City Funds? If she is co-Leader, she is co-responsible for the missing Girl Scouts funds. Let's put her under a micro scope. Let's look through her dirty laundry. She is not acting like a Girl Scout Troop Leader now. All Girl Scouts are sisters to one another and Verna obviously has a personal vendetta against the pretty accused Leader. So who's true colors are showing now?
RON

Los Angeles, CA

#2 May 7, 2012
Wow...what a way to change the subject. I am sure that Ms Juarez did not share her "use of fund" from the girl or their parents, co-leader or not the person to blame will answer to our legal due process. As for a personal vendetta, I am sure you Ms Rosemary wouldn't feel the same way if your childs hard earned money was STOLEN, not just a dollar here or there, but last I read it was up around $4,800. You have taken this to a new level. Shame on you and SHAME on MS JUAREZ.
Maria - Troop Mom

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 May 8, 2012
rosemary wrote:
If Verna is smart enough to run for City Council and to be so active in local politics, then how could she be so blind as to let so much money slip through her troops fingers? Is that what would happen with City Funds? If she is co-Leader, she is co-responsible for the missing Girl Scouts funds. Let's put her under a micro scope. Let's look through her dirty laundry. She is not acting like a Girl Scout Troop Leader now. All Girl Scouts are sisters to one another and Verna obviously has a personal vendetta against the pretty accused Leader. So who's true colors are showing now?
Rosemary, you need to read the whole story. This has nothing to do with local politics.

Have you ever been a Girl Scout or a Troop Mom? Do you know what it takes to sell boxes of cookies? Cookie season only comes around in February and March of each year. The Troop Leader is responsible for the entire Troop, including the funds. In my Troop, different co-leaders are responsible for different activities. So, this theft is not a shared responsibility as you say. This is Ana Isabel Juarez's selfish act. The story also says that Juarez has a 2001 warrant for grand theft and embezzlement. So, there's criminal history there.

In the media stories, Juarez used the troop funds, including the cookie money, for personal purchases at Victoris's Secret, Nordstrom and getting her nails done. These are not actions of a person fallen who has fallen on hard times. These are actions of a criminal.

Here are the facts: Ana Isabel Juarez stole the money and Verna de los Reyes is the Troop's representative. I think this is personal being that de los Reyes is also a Troop Mom. Her daughter's money was stolen, too. Why don't you contact all the Troop Moms and find ask them if this is personal? I can guarantee you, it is VERY PERSONAL to these mothers. Juarez stole their daughters' hard-earned money. Don't forget, Juarez also stole from her own daughter, who's in the Troop.

This isn't one mother's fight against the Troop leader, this is a group of mothers fighting for what has been taken from them and their daughters - trust, time, effort, hardwork, and $4,000.

Don't make this about politics. RON is right, shame on you.
rosemary

South El Monte, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2012
I agree that mis-use of funds from any group, children's or any other non-profit, is wrong. I agree all around. BUT, this is about letting a higher power take over and legal due process. You can't have a conversation with Verna or Lynette or any of the other Ladies without them boo-hooing about losing the money. It's like they lost their identity and can only tie themselves to this embarrassing loss and not move on. Ms. Juarez will get hers. And a limo ride? I would have picked something a little more educational...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gypsy thieves strike again in West Covina (Nov '08) 7 hr nicey 362
LA City Hall panel backs fining companies for a... 13 hr Robert 2
Poll Did God Intend For The Races To Be Separate? (Sep '12) 13 hr Robert 10
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Chosen Traveler 32,291
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 16 hr bottle racket 10
Smugglers use Uber-registered drivers to move m... 16 hr Harry 1
in N out 16 hr master cylinder 7

Huntington Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Park Mortgages