The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places

Nov 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gawker

According to a study of FBI crime statistics by CQ Press, St. Louis , Mo. was the "most dangerous city in the U.S." in 2010, probably due to former St.

Comments (Page 342)

Showing posts 6,821 - 6,840 of18,490
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Either #1 Or Off By One”

Since: Dec 10

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Corporate Elites wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Toledo Ohio, a majority WHITE CITY is ranked 25th most violent city in America. So as you can see, RACE DOES NOT MATTER. ECONOMIC CLASS MATTER!!!
Another victory for our wonderful private prisons and the Prison Industrial Complex, who have since 1968 went to war against the POOR, and continue to have over 99.9% of the inmate population of ALL RACES from POVERTY. Hi-Five!!!!
Another victory for Economic Warfare. Another Hi-Five!!!
And yet most cities have particular sections where most of the violent crimes occur or where the violent criminals originate. What is the Majority Race of those particular factors?

Now, most of those types probably don't have 401k's and group medical so economics would show some correlation. And not too many rich folks are into street crime - unless they're rap music moguls. But most poor people aren't offenders, either. Must be a little more to the story.
Icouldusesomehel p

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
America IS THE industrial juggernaut. She has birthed many innovations and has made several men (Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie...well maybe Mr. Carnegie. He was a Scottish immigrant. Harvey Samuel Firestone, Louis Chevrolet...a Swiss immigrant, John and Horace Dodge, Joseph Lowthian Hudson, etc.) the richest in world history. And?? One thing people forget is the geniuses who came before America. Many of America's creations were the ideas of other nations and peoples before they were her reality. History teaches us that all cultures have borrowed, stolen, or advanced the ideas of others. Arabs were brilliant astronomers. The Egyptians made sundials to better tell time. They also used papyrus (ancient writing paper) to convey written thought. The Chinese were brilliant enough to make paper money. Vikings were brilliant seaman. Their long boat design was one of the best in world history. So, yes, America has created much in the form of wealth and invention. However, she owes some of that to the ancients. That's all I'm saying.
So, basically you spewed a lot of history instead of saying, "I'm an idiot". Not a problem.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Data Declaration
Provides the methodology used in constructing this table and other pertinent information about this table.
Overview
Download Printable Document
Arrests, by Race, 2010
In 2010, 69.4 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.0 percent wereblack, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
Of all juveniles (individuals under the age of 18) arrested in 2010 in the Nation,66.3 percent were white, 31.1 percent were black, and 2.6 percent were of otherraces.
Nearly 70 percent (69.9) of all adults arrested in 2010 were white, 27.5 percentwere black, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals ofany other race, accounting for 59.3 percent of those arrests.
The percentages of adult white and black arrestees for murder were similar, with50.0 percent being white, and 48.0 percent being black.
Juveniles who were black accounted for 50.5 percent of juvenile arrests forviolent crimes.
Juveniles who were white accounted for 64.0 percent of juvenile arrests forproperty crimes.
Of juvenile arrestees charged with driving under the influence, 91.2 percent werewhite.
Juveniles who were white accounted for 75.4 percent of juvenile arrests for arsonin 2010.
Wait, aren't hispanics included with whites? When you look up populations by race, it will say white and then white non-hispanic. So, these numbers have to be skewed, right lmao? You only use a link when it is convenient for you to do so, then you leave out important information. You are just like a politician, full of sh.t.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

And yes lmao, I know hispanics can be black, I'm not stupid. I typed that before one of your nuh-uh comments came out. Like a child.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
America IS THE industrial juggernaut. She has birthed many innovations and has made several men (Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie...well maybe Mr. Carnegie. He was a Scottish immigrant. Harvey Samuel Firestone, Louis Chevrolet...a Swiss immigrant, John and Horace Dodge, Joseph Lowthian Hudson, etc.) the richest in world history. And?? One thing people forget is the geniuses who came before America. Many of America's creations were the ideas of other nations and peoples before they were her reality. History teaches us that all cultures have borrowed, stolen, or advanced the ideas of others. Arabs were brilliant astronomers. The Egyptians made sundials to better tell time. They also used papyrus (ancient writing paper) to convey written thought. The Chinese were brilliant enough to make paper money. Vikings were brilliant seaman. Their long boat design was one of the best in world history. So, yes, America has created much in the form of wealth and invention. However, she owes some of that to the ancients. That's all I'm saying.
Right. And what have negroes invented? The spinner rim? Those "grills" for your teeth? Carjacking?

Since: Jul 12

Venus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Right. And what have negroes invented? The spinner rim? Those "grills" for your teeth? Carjacking?
Surely you cant be this much of a narrow-minded uncultured twit.

Do you have any type of education? You should get out more, maybe read a book or two
White Guy

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Right. And what have negroes invented? The spinner rim? Those "grills" for your teeth? Carjacking?
They've invented plenty. Just enough to make you look like the ignorant white trash you are.

Otis Boykin (19201982) invented the electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker. Fast Fact: Boykin invented 28 different electronic devices.

Dr. Patricia. E. Bath (1949) invented a method of eye surgery that has helped many blind people to see. Fast Fact: Dr. Bath has been nominated to the National Inventors Hall of Fame.

Garrett Morgan (18771963) invented the gas mask.

Lewis Latimer (18481928) invented an important part of the light bulb the carbon filament. Fast Fact: Latimer worked in the laboratories of both Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell.

George Washington Carver (18601943) developed peanut butter and 400 plant products!

There's plenty more.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any type of education? You should get out more, maybe read a book or two
If that it your real pic, you have an amazing face!

Since: Jun 12

Cheektowaga, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the Negro invented peanut butter, hair and nail botiques and fancy names like La'Shantique and Tyrod.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled "can't" wrong, Jemima. I went to U of M......I had to make it the old fashioned way....no affirmative action matriculation and full tuition.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

White Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
They've invented plenty. Just enough to make you look like the ignorant white trash you are.
Otis Boykin (19201982) invented the electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker. Fast Fact: Boykin invented 28 different electronic devices.
Dr. Patricia. E. Bath (1949) invented a method of eye surgery that has helped many blind people to see. Fast Fact: Dr. Bath has been nominated to the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
Garrett Morgan (18771963) invented the gas mask.
Lewis Latimer (18481928) invented an important part of the light bulb the carbon filament. Fast Fact: Latimer worked in the laboratories of both Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell.
George Washington Carver (18601943) developed peanut butter and 400 plant products!
There's plenty more.
Who cares? The fact is, the US would be a safe, richer, more orderly place without coloreds.

Venus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
If that it your real pic, you have an amazing face!
Well shucks, yes it is; thank you!(:
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Buck Rohde wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the Negro invented peanut butter, hair and nail botiques and fancy names like La'Shantique and Tyrod.
You shouldn't be getting ignorant on here, I don't respect that either, I am trying to make a valid educated point but not attack people's different cultural appearances or cultural differences, unless it involves stupid behavior and violence. By the way, I am half-scotch/irish and half sicilian. You got a problem with the Italians?

Venus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Buck Rohde wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget the cell phone, traffic light, air conditioning units, elevator, fire estinguisher, lawn mower, the refrigerator, ect.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shucks, yes it is; thank you!(:
Your not like a minor or anything are you? I don't want to feel like a creep, but you are definitely beautiful regardless.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget the cell phone, traffic light, air conditioning units, elevator, fire estinguisher, lawn mower, the refrigerator, ect.
Lawn mower? Like negroes cut their grass.

Venus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You spelled "can't" wrong, Jemima. I went to U of M......I had to make it the old fashioned way....no affirmative action matriculation and full tuition.
Congrats, what did you major in? Buffoonery?

Full tuition? Not exactly. While I did receive the Florida bright futures scholarship and received college credits by doing dual enrollment and advanced placement classes, I still pay out of pocket. University dental programs are very expensive.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

And Sicilians aren't 5'6 always either. My father, who is 100% sicilian, is the shortest of 4 boys at 5'11 and the tallest is 6'4. My 6'4 Uncle if you saw him, has a build at 74 that most 25 year olds would desire, no bullsh.t. Most of us are not Joe Pesci sized, that is a misnomer.

Venus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not like a minor or anything are you? I don't want to feel like a creep, but you are definitely beautiful regardless.
You know, flattery is a sin hehe

LOL I'm definitely not a minor, don't feel like a creeper haha

Venus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

yomama wrote:
And Sicilians aren't 5'6 always either. My father, who is 100% sicilian, is the shortest of 4 boys at 5'11 and the tallest is 6'4. My 6'4 Uncle if you saw him, has a build at 74 that most 25 year olds would desire, no bullsh.t. Most of us are not Joe Pesci sized, that is a misnomer.
I wasn't aware of that stereotype, but I HAVE heard that Sicilians have excellent hospitality and are very family-oriented

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,821 - 6,840 of18,490
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huntington Park Discussions

Search the Huntington Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 42 min danny 200,197
What to Do if You are Wrongfully Accused of Har... (May '08) 2 hr name 93
How the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed America 2 hr Savant 97
Review: Eviction Defense Group (Dec '12) 2 hr S Marscellas 42
Is this Lindsay Lohan's last shot? (Aug '13) 3 hr Nobody 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Decide what 4,837
white flight 4 hr NAAWP CRIME NEWS UPDATE 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 10 at 4:06PM PDT

•••
•••

Huntington Park News Video

•••
Huntington Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Huntington Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••