Huntington Park cops shoot, kill unar...

Huntington Park cops shoot, kill unarmed robbery suspect

There are 157 comments on the LA Daily News story from Feb 9, 2009, titled Huntington Park cops shoot, kill unarmed robbery suspect. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

An investigation was under way today into an officer-involved shooting in which Huntington Park police pursued and fatally shot an armed-robbery suspect who turned out to be unarmed, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Bonze

Valencia, CA

#130 Feb 24, 2009
Good morning Mr. Papi, I really do not care what you think of my grasp of the english language. I do know the facts, and HP police harass many hispanics. I also know that he was not in a gang. I actually do not believe what I read in the papers or television news, it's usually distorted. Keep your comments and judgements to yourself until you know the facts. I just hope this cop feels the pressure and the pain that he inflicted on the parents. Don't be such a hata! and a racist!
ABBY

Xenia, OH

#131 Feb 26, 2009
like so tolly cool by DR
im in hp

Perris, CA

#132 Feb 26, 2009
to all those who brag about knowing the deceased, ask yourself:
was he on probation or parole? how many times did he get arrested? did he have a job? what does fdk stand for?
did any of those who cry for justice, ever tell fdk to stop when they were tagging in th neighborhood, tell fdk to stop when they were robbing a kid on the street, tell fdk to stop when they were stealing a neighbors car, tell fdk members to stop using meth/marijuana, tell fdk to stop when they were burglarizing a car or home??????
the whole situation is bad for all-cops, neighbors and family. it would have been easy if he had never ran from the police and had never known fdk. when you choose the life of fdk, you run the risk of being a suspect/victim. there are crews/gangs out there who could have done this to him too.
stop blaming everyone else and take responsibilty for your own mistakes and consequences.
Bonze

Valencia, CA

#133 Feb 27, 2009
The only question I ask is why did he live in Huntington Park. Everyone knows the reputation of HP police dept. They are out of control, and if you live there, you know that. I believe they should be investigated and end the harassment and brutality that other families suffer. Huntington Park use to be a very nice little town, as a matter of fact HPHS is celebrating l00yr anniversary. I would love to be attend, but not sure how the poice dept will handle the crowds. Frightening to even think about it. Have a great day.
MexcnbybirthAmei cnbychoic

La Mirada, CA

#134 Feb 27, 2009
Hey im in hp, so help me understand. You agree with this situation a couple of cops shooting an unarmed man in the back. Yes I know the family and do you know he was trying to turn his life around. I agree with you fdk needs to be stopped but not the way Steven was stopped. I was very close to my ass kicked by a HP cop for no reason. I am married with 2 kids law abiding citizen. I did not need that cop to threaten to kick my ass if I did not tell him the whole story. The sad thing was I was telling him everything. I had just got out of a party. I fell and busted my mouth. The cops were chasing a van and we were getting ready to go inside my friends house when the cops drove up and asked us to stop. We did what they asked. When the cop saw me he asked me what had happened. I told him and his response was what do you think I am stupid. He then began to threaten me with a flashlight if I did not tell him the truth. How stupid was that cop for not believing me. I have been harassed by HPPD. I think anyone who shoot a man in the back who is not armed or threatening anyones life should go to jail of suffer the same fate.
Bonze

Valencia, CA

#135 Feb 27, 2009
No one is bragging about this situation. This kid should not have been shot in the back. The parents will be traumatized for the rest of their lives watching their son die right in front of their eyes. Cops were brutal, and they should be investigated.
Papi Chulo

United States

#136 Feb 27, 2009
Same argument. The folks in here just don't get the point. WE must hold the police accountable and WE must also hold ourselves accountable.

Mex: In the story that you presented if that were true then I say file a complaint against that officer. We deserve a police department that is courteous, professional, and honest. By preparing a complaint we are assuring that there is a standard that his constantly met.

Bonze my articulate friend: The police are being investigated. This is standard after an event like this. And Huntington Park still is a very nice little town. Just take a look at our neighbors in Newton area or Firestone/Walnut Park. You can complain all you want about the police but do the research folks crime is down in good old HP.

Last point...How do all of you experts know that he was shot in the back? Did you read the autopsy report?

Dios dame pasencia
Bonze

Valencia, CA

#137 Feb 28, 2009
I am so glad you pray for patience, I do everyday. I pray for the kids and others who are harassed everyday, and at times brutalized by the police. Hopefully that will change soon. Have A Great Day!
im in hp

Fullerton, CA

#138 Mar 3, 2009
yes. those police should stop 'harassing' all those kids who are truant, all those kids who are out after 10 pm, all those kids who are writing graffiti, all those kids who......,

it is all harassment until you dial 911. i have never been harassed by the popo, but then again, i'm not running out in the streets giving them a reason to 'harass' me.

all this chatter reminds me of the song,'only a lad' by oingo boingo.

Sherman Oaks, CA

#139 Mar 3, 2009
Papi chulo you just do not get it! he was shot in the back. Try to find the fact go back to the news reports and you will see he was shot in the back. I was told by the family he was shot in the back.
kelly

Pasadena, CA

#140 Mar 13, 2009
Bonesaw wrote:
he brought it on himself.
you know wat i known thiss guy for the longest..
and he would robb ppls housess;! but once again he didn't deserve too GET KILLED LIKE THAT!
HPink

Los Angeles, CA

#141 Mar 17, 2009
sraluna2... HPSD? you mean H.P.P.D.!!! ya, uhhhh... one more bad mark for them and what do you get for being a dumbass?
and...
fiasko gable... lazy and fat ass cops?? on the weekend graveyard shift??? LMFAO... ya right!
i'll break it down for you...
knowing the officers on that shift and pretty much knowing how the usual flow is on a saturday night, i can confidently say that none of them had gone CODE 7 before the incident...(oh, CODE 7 is LUNCH/DINNER)
briefing is at 1800HRS and they're on the streets by 1900HRS... usually their main issues are with MJs saturday nights...(saturday is their monday... and they're there til at least 0700HRS, if they're lucky)
so in order to be lazy they'd had to have eaten heavy or something and uhhhh... well they don't eat til around 0100HRS or even after all the MJs hype has ended...
and fat??? LOL... most of the officers are still on PROBATION!! recently an academy graduate... FAT&LAZY is literally not an option...
and the G-UNIT... they do have requirements for the specialized units just like for every single cop, like physical ability and agility!
AND... knowing the types of situations that can be expected in HUNTINGTON PARK, its obvious that as a cop, running (more like chasing) after dumbfucks, is going to be a constant thing!
geesh! its part of their job to stay healthy and in shape!
so NO, steven didn't get shot in the back cuz the officers didn't want to run or were too fat & lazy!!!
and...Mxcnbybirth- ummmmmmm, hispanic cops aren't more RACIST against hispanics... RACIST is just not the "word"... THEY DO HARRASS THEIR OWN RACE MORE THAN OTHERS, AND OBVIOUSLY ITS BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW US HISPANICS CAN BE... its the same way with blacks and black cops... duh!!! everyone knows their "people"...
as a LATINA RAISED ON THE STREETS OF HUNTINGTON PARK AND HAVING BEEN A LITTLE BAD-ASS NOT TOO LONG AGO... FOR EVERYONE IN H.P.'S SAKE, PRAY HPPD DOESN'T HIRE ME AS AN OFFICER...!!!
so, point being... i'll take ANY HPPD OFFICER'S side before some thug's...
he ran for a reason... cause and effect... that simple!
NO MERCY...
cuz everyone knows when you see them red and blue lights in your rear-view, you STOP and MAN THE FUCK UP!!!(take it like the 'G' you claim to be)
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
RIP STIZ

Los Angeles, CA

#142 Mar 21, 2009
steven was my boy yea i would go robbing with him and he always looked out for me FDK F**K DA KOPS F***N DIRTY KOPS
RIP STIZ

Los Angeles, CA

#143 Mar 21, 2009
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
you know wat i known thiss guy for the longest..
and he would robb ppls housess;! but once again he didn't deserve too GET KILLED LIKE THAT!
kelly did you go hphs

Sherman Oaks, CA

#144 Mar 23, 2009
Hpink just hope none of your family members get shot by cops for any reason. The cops shot him in the back to ass....! I am not a thug so you would take the side of a cop who stopped me and threatened to beat me up some more with his flashlight for no reason. Hpink so what you are saying is run from a cop get shot in the back is ok. You must be stupid or something.
I would run from a cop if days before he stopped me kicked my ass and took my personal property away from me. Thats why steven was running you moran.
conservative

Studio City, CA

#145 Mar 24, 2009
Not Surprise wrote:
These white folks need to go back to europe where they came from. This is mexican land, the gringos are the immigrants!!!!!!
Your people are uneducated third world trash that Mexico is all too happy to get rid of.
briza

Los Angeles, CA

#146 Mar 24, 2009
kjkre

Los Angeles, CA

#147 Mar 24, 2009
Not surprise is an uneducated Mexican and conservative is a racist pig. This land was paid for to the Mexican government. It is not Mexican land anymore it belong to the US. I am Mexican by birth but American by choice. If no one is happy here , you can go back to your native land. I do not think anyone is kept here against their will. This a great nation made up of many nationalities. Uneducated imbeciles making unjustified comments.
Papi Chulo

United States

#148 Mar 25, 2009
Hey Conservative if you are going to talk shit at least have the decency to be a little more articulate. Any retard can make a statement like that. For example: Based on the sophistication of your statement I can only assume that you are inbred, trailer trash, uneducated, smoke meth, and white. You see, that wasn’t very nice but you forced me to illustrate my point.

Next time, please think before you blog....

Ta Ta for now…papi
conservative

United States

#149 Mar 25, 2009
Papi Chulo wrote:
Hey Conservative if you are going to talk **** at least have the decency to be a little more articulate. Any retard can make a statement like that. For example: Based on the sophistication of your statement I can only assume that you are inbred, trailer trash, uneducated, smoke meth, and white. You see, that wasn’t very nice but you forced me to illustrate my point.
Next time, please think before you blog....
Ta Ta for now…papi
Dearest Papi, I know the truth hurts but it must be said. For 40 years I have watched the hispanic people destroy every neighborhood that they come to. Please provide me with an example where this is not the case. Say the San Fernando Valley for instance, oh wait, that wont work. How about the Santa Clarita Valley? Oh, i'm sorry, I guess thats not a good example either. I give up. Now you try. Isn't this fun. Think about this question. Why are the hispanic immigrants so dispised by such a large number of American Citizens? Could it be their complete lack of appriciation or respect for the country and its citizens who have provided so much for them? Could it be their lack of respect for our laws and coulture? Your people could learn a lot from the example set by the Asian immigrant community. These people live clean, honest, respectfull lives with an emphasis on education. They immigrate to my country LEGALLY, and respect our laws. Nothing is expected, everything is earned. These are all charactoristics that the hispanic community is in great need of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr You are delicious 35,349
Montebello CC Meeting On Livestream 1 hr Eyes wide open 39
Montebello mega-housing developer 2 hr Love the View 2
People in Los Angeles should learn English. 3 hr Bmike 1
Why Are People Leaving Your State? 4 hr whats going on 1
Testing 5 hr Shyit whole Hawaii 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Nonsense 21,373

Huntington Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Park Mortgages