Man denies killing Whittier High student

Man denies killing Whittier High student

There are 46 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Man denies killing Whittier High student. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A Huntington Park man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to fatally shooting a 17-year-old Whittier High School student while trying to rob the teen at a house party.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Think

Long Beach, CA

#44 Oct 21, 2010
Pico Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about a completely different circumstance. If you read the article, it states that the shooter, the driver and a third person were at the party. This is not a case of someone running up to the drivers car that he didn't know. For all we know he had gone to the car was moving it closer to the party so they could get away with the nitrous. The driver and the shooter were at the party together, you mean to tell me you don't think the driver knew what went on? All of the people charged in the crime got away from the scene and had to be picked up somewhere else. If this was a random guy just driving by picking up somebody bleeding then how did he get identified by anybody at all to be picked up by police? Somebody at the party, or one of his accomplices had to identify him. I think that you are being fooled by what the defense attorney is trying to use as best he could, the story about how he works, has a wife and kids. I'll tell you what, people who work and have families commit crimes too.
Like I said before, we don't know the whole story. You obviously believe what the DA "alleges". Go back and read again, "allege". I truly don't know all the facts or story. Like you said everyone got away. Maybe the original person that the shooter went with took off. I think in a situation like that, someone is shooting, everyone scatters and leaves.
I have seen with my own eyes how witnesses will point someone out at preliminary then at trial will admit they are not really sure. Or even vise versa. Same thing happens with witness statements. You can literally go back to prelim. transcripts and compare to trial transcripts. Allot of times witnesses will say what the DA wants them to say.
Maybe the shooter or his friend told the investigators that Ramirez gave them a ride.
Another possibility is that the shooter gave Ramirez his number while on the way to his house. Ramirez calls the next day to find out if he's okay. Police have shooters phone tapped. They here that Ramirez gave him a ride.
Think

Long Beach, CA

#45 Oct 21, 2010
Life is not black and white, right or wrong. There is always the grey area. Ive heard it been said, "There are two sides to every story and then there is the truth."
I like to keep an open mind. Ive learned through all my years that I don't know everything. My thoughts and opinions can change and there is nothing wrong with that.
I once voted for the death penalty, I now appose it.
I try not to judge because I am not perfect.
I do base my opinions on the facts that are given.
I do know for a fact that our Judicial System is corrupt. I wish the common law, "Innocent till proven guilty" could actually be practiced.
By allot of these posts, we can see how snippets of a story can make people judge and jury.
Pico Citizen

Washington, DC

#47 Oct 21, 2010
Think,
Let me ask you this. Doesn't this "
Another possibility is that the shooter gave Ramirez his number while on the way to his house. Ramirez calls the next day to find out if he's okay. Police have shooters phone tapped. They here that Ramirez gave him a ride." sound a little bit far fethced? Do you know how hard it is for any police agency to get a legal wire tap? I think it was you who said that a similar occurrence happened to you once before years back in La Puente, and you mentioned how eager you and your friend were to just have the night come to an end. You mean to tell me that you think that these guys exchanged phone numbers, and said driver then actually called him the next day? Wouldn't he maybe want the events that transpired the night before to just be gone, just like you did that night in La Puente? How many people do you know, or how many stories have you heard where the driver of a getaway car was picked up but in the end turned out to be the wrong guy? The police are not picking up anybody on just one persons account, they need something called corraborating evidence. Just so I'm clear, the picture you are painting is this. Theres a party. Someone gets stabbed then retaliates by shooting the guy dead. Crowd scatters, people run, the shooter and his buddy just happens to see this guy he knows (or maybe does not according to your theory)stops him jumps in his car and proceeds to convince him to drive him all the way to HP from Whittier. Driver then proceeds to drive the guy home and they never once discuss the events that traspired that led to this dude being stabbed. The police end up picking up the driver and charging him as an accessory without anybody ever having mentioned the driver as an accessory? When you read that doesn't it sound less likely than the dude was actually at the party with the shooter and drove the three of them away in the ensuing melee after the shooting? Don't you think if the driver was really innocent then he would have told the police everything he knew and someone esle would have made some sort of statement corraborating that guys story? I mean you know the police had to have several witnesses that they took statements from at the scene of the crime. More times then not the crimes and the arrests happen more like what you've read in this story then not. The CSI type of investiagtion and subsequent prosecution is more of the exception to the rule, not the rule...

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#48 Oct 21, 2010
Think wrote:
<quoted text>So how many court hearings have you been to? How many prosecutors do you know?
Let me here your idea of this Justice System since you have so much experience and knowledge. Please tell us all how it really works.
Read the comment above (by Pico Citizen) to your reply to my comment.
HPK CITIZEN

Santa Ana, CA

#49 Oct 29, 2010
WELL IF YUU GUYS WANT THE TWO SUSPECTS TO ROTT IN JAIL... I WANT THE TWO VICTIMS TO REST IN PISS!!!! AND THE 1 WHO SURVIVED...F EM!
IFF YU CANT HANG WITH THE SICKSIDERS JUST MOVE OUT OF CALI YU LIL GIRLS.
EVERYBODY KNOWS THE RISK OF SELLING NOZ.. ITS JUST LIKE SELLING WEED,COCAINE,CRYZTAL METH,HEROIN,CRACK,NOZ... ITS A NARCOTIC..
MAYBE HE WAS SO INTO THE LAUGHIN GAS THAT HE JUST LAUGHED WHILE HE WAS SHOT...
AND WHO REALLY KNOWS WHO SHOT THIS GUY...I MEAN IT WAS A PARTY...AND A FIGHT WAS GOIING ON... ANYBODY COULD HAVE shot!!!

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50 Oct 29, 2010
HPK CITIZEN wrote:
WELL IF YUU GUYS WANT THE TWO SUSPECTS TO ROTT IN JAIL... I WANT THE TWO VICTIMS TO REST IN ****!!!! AND THE 1 WHO SURVIVED...F EM!
IFF YU CANT HANG WITH THE SICKSIDERS JUST MOVE OUT OF CALI YU LIL GIRLS.
EVERYBODY KNOWS THE RISK OF SELLING NOZ.. ITS JUST LIKE SELLING WEED,COCAINE,CRYZTAL METH,HEROIN,CRACK,NOZ... ITS A NARCOTIC..
MAYBE HE WAS SO INTO THE LAUGHIN GAS THAT HE JUST LAUGHED WHILE HE WAS SHOT...
AND WHO REALLY KNOWS WHO SHOT THIS GUY...I MEAN IT WAS A PARTY...AND A FIGHT WAS GOIING ON... ANYBODY COULD HAVE shot!!!
Garble goop, by some real mental giant, with horrible grammar (low life type) and numerous spelling errors. Must be a cholo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Citizen Academy 6 hr Montebello Kind O... 1
News 45 years later, Charles Manson still draws atte... (Aug '14) 9 hr Fatherted27 7
News Gang members arrested in Rosemead motel double ... (Apr '09) 12 hr Tu Padre 165
Councilwoman Vanessa Delgado Attempted to Extor... 14 hr Big Mistake 9
LA City Hall panel backs fining companies for a... 17 hr Ellen 1
making money online - tips and suggestions (Jun '12) 22 hr sunny 16
50 Worst Cities to Live In Wed Gene 1

Huntington Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Park Mortgages