Man denies killing Whittier High student

Man denies killing Whittier High student

There are 46 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Man denies killing Whittier High student. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A Huntington Park man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to fatally shooting a 17-year-old Whittier High School student while trying to rob the teen at a house party.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Friend

La Habra, CA

#1 Oct 19, 2010
Ismael and Ramirez are both guilty and they know it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 19, 2010
I can't believe they are pleading not guilty, it is evident that they are and my brother will get the justice that he deserves
whitier blvd

AOL

#3 Oct 19, 2010
lets hope these guys get life w/o parole !
Streets

La Habra, CA

#4 Oct 19, 2010
Lets let the court decide. They got the shooter, which is most important. Sometimes cops and prosecuters are over zealous in thier investigations and wish to send everyone remotely close to jail. These articles don't provide enough info to determine if this kids guilty or not.

Giving someone a ride, after the fact does not in my opinion make someone guilty becuase they didnt take him to the hospital.
That Figures

Lake Forest, CA

#5 Oct 19, 2010
What a waste. Such a waste. I wonder if their parents are even a bit remorseful that these boys have thrown away their youth.
3MTA3U

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Oct 19, 2010
If OJ Simpson was Latino, he would look like Ismael Cardona
Chupacabra

Burbank, CA

#7 Oct 19, 2010
Feel bad for the families. It is idiots like these that ruin the lives of so many and cant give a F about it! Now for 'earning they're stripes' they will move up the ladder in jail....Sad World!
Grassy Gertie

Woodstock, GA

#8 Oct 19, 2010
Where is Octomom hiding out.? Branded a liar in public. Why isn't her attorney offering a rebuttal?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 19, 2010
Another candidate for life in prison without parole.
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#10 Oct 19, 2010
First of all before anyone starts pointing fingers people need to realize that everything may not be mentioned in this article. Second now we don't all know what had happened in this party the only thing we do know is what is being mentioned. So we really wouldn't know who did what. As far as the charges for accessory after the fact that is really those are very unfair charges due to the fact that not a lot people ask questions you are just in shock of what is going on and what the person is asking you to do. Would you really leave someone you know stay somewhere he is wounded or would you help him out so that he would stay in that hostile place. Picture it being yourselves driving and realizing that something has happened to your friend or relative. Would you just leave them there. I would hope not.

We as humans tend to aid people that we know and don't know whether its in a crash, they need cash, or even helping them cross the street. To think that someone should be charged for helping someone who is injured it's a cruel punishment.

If thats case the person's doing security at the party and the parents who helped supply all the laughing gas should be charged as well. For the simple fact that from my experience when you go to these flier parties people get searched. So who was doing the searching? Second of all where were all the parents when the incident happened?

When I read a lot of these post I don't think people realize that you guys are thinking inside the box and what ever was placed there. Never really think of what could have really happened. You guys are quick to judge but never really what if you too where in that same spot. Would you yourself feel good about what is going on when you know your innocent.

Think before you post. Because you never know if you could be in that same spot yourself. As far as the person who did I do think he should get what he deserves only if the person truly did the crime. Remember people we are all innocent until proven guilty that is why we are in America.
ricardo

Whittier, CA

#11 Oct 19, 2010
When are these people going to stop killing each other and others , We live among a lost generation . They simply have no feelings towards there fellow man . It's as if they are dead inside numb just numb .
whittier

Whittier, CA

#12 Oct 19, 2010
ricardo wrote:
When are these people going to stop killing each other and others , We live among a lost generation . They simply have no feelings towards there fellow man . It's as if they are dead inside numb just numb .
No morals and values...probably on drugs and families that do not care about them
Good

Hacienda Heights, CA

#13 Oct 19, 2010
So very glad they got these awful monsters off the street. It doesn't bring Paul back, but it feels good knowing these pathetic losers will pay for what they did!

Location hidden

#14 Oct 19, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
First of all before anyone starts pointing fingers people need to realize that everything may not be mentioned in this article. Second now we don't all know what had happened in this party the only thing we do know is what is being mentioned. So we really wouldn't know who did what. As far as the charges for accessory after the fact that is really those are very unfair charges due to the fact that not a lot people ask questions you are just in shock of what is going on and what the person is asking you to do. Would you really leave someone you know stay somewhere he is wounded or would you help him out so that he would stay in that hostile place. Picture it being yourselves driving and realizing that something has happened to your friend or relative. Would you just leave them there. I would hope not.
We as humans tend to aid people that we know and don't know whether its in a crash, they need cash, or even helping them cross the street. To think that someone should be charged for helping someone who is injured it's a cruel punishment.
If thats case the person's doing security at the party and the parents who helped supply all the laughing gas should be charged as well. For the simple fact that from my experience when you go to these flier parties people get searched. So who was doing the searching? Second of all where were all the parents when the incident happened?
When I read a lot of these post I don't think people realize that you guys are thinking inside the box and what ever was placed there. Never really think of what could have really happened. You guys are quick to judge but never really what if you too where in that same spot. Would you yourself feel good about what is going on when you know your innocent.
Think before you post. Because you never know if you could be in that same spot yourself. As far as the person who did I do think he should get what he deserves only if the person truly did the crime. Remember people we are all innocent until proven guilty that is why we are in America.
What are you trying to say,'the other dude did it'?
What

Whittier, CA

#15 Oct 19, 2010
That Figures wrote:
What a waste. Such a waste. I wonder if their parents are even a bit remorseful that these boys have thrown away their youth.
Hey don't blame it on the Parents!! I can justify to that you raise your kids well and they turn on you or do there own thing AND thats because the kids choose the wrong road!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#16 Oct 19, 2010
When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it always. --------Mahatma Gandhi
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#17 Oct 19, 2010
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say,'the other dude did it'?
No what I'm saying none of us know what really happened so its not right for us to judge so quickly.We weren't there at the party nor the court hearing so how are we supposed to know what truly happened.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 19, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> No what I'm saying none of us know what really happened so its not right for us to judge so quickly.We weren't there at the party nor the court hearing so how are we supposed to know what truly happened.
You can be non judgmental if you want, and that is fine. However, I along with many others do judge (good, bad, and stupid) and we say so, this is an open public forum.
fly

Whittier, CA

#20 Oct 20, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> No what I'm saying none of us know what really happened so its not right for us to judge so quickly.We weren't there at the party nor the court hearing so how are we supposed to know what truly happened.
yeah, why would we want to judge. I mean really, maybe his blood walked over there and deposited itself all over the place. Let's not judge. smh
That Figures

Lake Forest, CA

#21 Oct 20, 2010
What wrote:
<quoted text> Hey don't blame it on the Parents!! I can justify to that you raise your kids well and they turn on you or do there own thing AND thats because the kids choose the wrong road!!
Your misunderstanding the statement. I'll explain. Given the circumstances in many cases, the parents give up on their children. We simply wonder if and hopefully so, that the parents feel any sense of remorse and will hopefully stand by them. No one is directly accusing the parents. It would be sad if a child did turn on their parents. That sounds pretty extreme and I can only imagine they would as an act of defiance or as a result of outside peer pressure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City of Montebello Upcoming Elections 4 hr new council reque... 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr tom wingo 29,964
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr HERE COMES DA JUDGE 20,110
Jack's Montebello Council Approves Controversia... 11 hr truth squad 14
elect new montebello council 11 hr truth squad 6
Private College Admissions Counselling 11 hr College Concierge... 1
Ripple Effect Management Adds Two More Managers... 21 hr debra 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Park Mortgages