Poorer cities pay higher property tax rates than more...

Aug 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Los Angeles Times

Residents of wealthier cities generally pay lower property tax rates than those in poorer cities, according to L.A. County tax records.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
libertarian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Duh
To raise the same amount of money you would have to
Right?
THESAULSTER

Culver City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

libertarian wrote:
Duh
To raise the same amount of money you would have to
Right?
Yeah and whats the problem!
trash talk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

I HOPE THE TIMES DID NOT PUT A LOT OF TIME INTO THIS Intuitively Obvious to even the most casual observer
story
but wait
Is this not where the "fairness" to local schools money grab by the state started?
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

trash talk wrote:
I HOPE THE TIMES DID NOT PUT A LOT OF TIME INTO THIS Intuitively Obvious to even the most casual observer
story
but wait
Is this not where the "fairness" to local schools money grab by the state started?
Actually your right george cole ,former bell mayor,and rizzo created the southeast coalition to break free from lausd and create their own district with limited money spending oversight.
Theolona Ranger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

But it's NOT FAIR!
gil5129

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

THESAULSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and whats the problem!
You get Ghetto Service? it's All about Zip Codes & Area Codes.
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Theolona Ranger wrote:
But it's NOT FAIR!
Yeah so blohw me alice just blohw me
These people

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

I know that many people arrive at this country for a better life, legally and illegally. But some people do deserve to be called wetbacks. They have no knowledge of laws, rights, and do not know a dollar from a penny. I think that hispanics are taken advantage of because of their lack of knowledge.
They can receive all this information by going to the states better business administrations web site. Or by calling their offices. They can answer many frequently asked questions on business ownership.
There should not be any excuses. I was not born in this Country but, My family did not arrive here illegally. Hmmmm. I wonder if knowing some English helps. Maybe they should stop watching those spanish channels because all they have on there is soap operas and I think that can make you stupid. They should watch English channels more often even though they do not understand it.
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

These people wrote:
I know that many people arrive at this country for a better life, legally and illegally. But some people do deserve to be called wetbacks. They have no knowledge of laws, rights, and do not know a dollar from a penny. I think that hispanics are taken advantage of because of their lack of knowledge.
They can receive all this information by going to the states better business administrations web site. Or by calling their offices. They can answer many frequently asked questions on business ownership.
There should not be any excuses. I was not born in this Country but, My family did not arrive here illegally. Hmmmm. I wonder if knowing some English helps. Maybe they should stop watching those spanish channels because all they have on there is soap operas and I think that can make you stupid. They should watch English channels more often even though they do not understand it.
Yeah your right people like you deserve to be called w...acks

Since: Apr 09

South Gate, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Hmm I actually thought it was even amongst all of California. Let me guess, it's because poorer areas use more resources. So what if they didn't pay so much property taxes, wouldn't that extra cash make them a little richer? I bet yes. Typical Democrats raising taxes.
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

jonny818 wrote:
Hmm I actually thought it was even amongst all of California. Let me guess, it's because poorer areas use more resources. So what if they didn't pay so much property taxes, wouldn't that extra cash make them a little richer? I bet yes. Typical Democrats raising taxes.
okay so democrats raise taxes and republicans protect the rich in my opinion fuhck em both .Lets burn this beetch down and start all over again! Anarchy straight chaos stores burnin people shootin and lootin. Beautiful. Absolutely. Fhuckin .Beautiful.
These people

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

THESAULSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah your right people like you deserve to be called w...acks
I am not a wetback. My parents arrived to this Country legally and started working a week after they arrived here. I was only two years old sooooo. I am an American Citizen with pride. I do not say viva Mexico and wave an Mexican flag in America. The balls that Woman had when she removed the American flag and replaced it with the Mexican flag.. I wish I was there to tell her off, but I LIVED IN A BEAUTIFUL CITY AND STILL DO.

you feel insulted? Why? HHmmmmmm?
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

These people wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a wetback. My parents arrived to this Country legally and started working a week after they arrived here. I was only two years old sooooo. I am an American Citizen with pride. I do not say viva Mexico and wave an Mexican flag in America. The balls that Woman had when she removed the American flag and replaced it with the Mexican flag.. I wish I was there to tell her off, but I LIVED IN A BEAUTIFUL CITY AND STILL DO.
you feel insulted? Why? HHmmmmmm?
Hmmmm is what you do to my bhalls!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huntington Park Discussions

Search the Huntington Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 min Oldies news stand 4,852
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr 74 pecent 7,815
Montebello finances improve enough to spend $32... 2 hr truth squad 14
Montebello Pension Reform (May '11) 2 hr truth squad 282
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Oldies news stand 200,214
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr Oldies news stand 2,223
power outage last night 3 hr la merced dude 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 12 at 2:31AM PDT

•••
•••

Huntington Park News Video

•••
•••

Huntington Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE