Montebello council picks interim admi...

Montebello council picks interim administrator

There are 8 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Aug 17, 2010, titled Montebello council picks interim administrator. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

The City Council selected an interim administrator to fill in until a permanent one is hired, but terms of the contract are still being negotiated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

jat

Winnetka, CA

#1 Aug 18, 2010
typical momtebello politics. behind closed doors and refusing to give the name of the new administrator and not giving a date when they will.
Mtb 90640

United States

#2 Aug 18, 2010
What ever happened to transpsrancy that we were so-called promised during the election and recall campaigns?

Well, at least they agreed on someone. That in itself is a real miracle.

They agreed "no" to a rubbish service increase and a CA, and it only took 6 months. WOW!!!
south montebello resident

Montebello, CA

#3 Aug 18, 2010
Mtb 90640 wrote:
What ever happened to transpsrancy that we were so-called promised during the election and recall campaigns?
Well, at least they agreed on someone. That in itself is a real miracle.
They agreed "no" to a rubbish service increase and a CA, and it only took 6 months. WOW!!!
You got that right!
OMG

Moreno Valley, CA

#4 Aug 18, 2010
Is it FORMER PICO RIVERA CITY MANAGER CHUCK FUENTES? OR EX BELL CITY MANAGER RIZZO?
Mtb Ecology Lover

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Aug 18, 2010
Gee, how was the public supposed to know about this special meeting? The last agenda I got sent via snail mail was for the Aug. 11 regular meeting... nothing came in the mail today... would i have been notified if i had notices sent via email? would i have been able to find out on the City website if i had the habit of looking there? was the Agenda sent to the libraries? OR, is this new City Council following the bad example of the previous one and starting to hold meetings with out letting the voters know....
I hope the new city council of Montebello is not following the really bad example of all the skulldudgery going on in the City of Bell which is now being exposed...there is really no good explanation/excuse anymore ....
montebello senior

Inglewood, CA

#6 Aug 18, 2010
Perhaps the Montebello Council and Mayor should be investigated like the other cities are doing. Not only the current administration but the past also. Just maybe we will find out that is why Montebello is broke.
south montebello resident

Montebello, CA

#7 Aug 19, 2010
montebello senior wrote:
Perhaps the Montebello Council and Mayor should be investigated like the other cities are doing. Not only the current administration but the past also. Just maybe we will find out that is why Montebello is broke.
With all due respect senior, almost every city is "broke" at this time. However, the main person that needs to be investigated is not the council members per se, but rather the past city administrators (CA). They are the one who do the budget and move the money around.

If they did anything illegal at the behest of ant council members, then they need to come forward and speak up. This may sound naive, but council members cannot force a CA to do anything illegal, but they can intimidate a CA into doing "questionable" accounting.

I think the troubles with Montebello has been years in the making. The most obvious is the lack of economic and housing development in our city which would generate millions of dollars into our city coffers.
trash talk

United States

#8 Aug 19, 2010
there may have been a listing on the City's on line calendar
But no link to any "agenda"
The City's agenda page still had the Aug 11 meeting notices yesterday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 2 min Retribution 488
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 31 min Lynn 4,551
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr LeavesPharts 33,407
News Sweep targets local gang (Nov '08) 9 hr secret Asian man 125
Trump should deport African Americans instead o... 14 hr Cotton Farmer 38
JCS admits scamming Mtb 18 hr Tick Tick Tick 7
Review: Inglewood Lanes Bowling Center Fri INGLEWOOD LANES B... 1

Huntington Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Park Mortgages