Question: Trimming the School Budget

Question: Trimming the School Budget

There are 1 comment on the story from Mar 13, 2012, titled Question: Trimming the School Budget. In it, reports that:

School boards and administrators are working on next year's budgets and by most accounts, things are looking tight.

Join the discussion below, or


East Northport, NY

#1 Mar 15, 2012
Teachers cost the Taxpayer about 60% of the annual tax bill in Suffolk. Now that is absurd. All other services (police/fire/library roads etc) use up the other 40% Our schools are only Fair worldwide yet teachers are killing the homeowners of Long Island.
These numbers were published in Newsday last week.
No wonder people are complaining.
How about Teachers show up for work like everyone else--no spring breaks, only 4-5 weeks vacation and they get a 401K not a Pension and benefits for life. Overpaid and Underworked. Look at the USA rankings worldwide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Wed Sydney 66
News Man charged with robbing four banks (Jan '08) May 22 Steveyjerkyoffey 86
News Starbucks, GoHealth sign leases at Greybarn Ami... (Jul '16) May 22 Concerned 2
uncle sam /// spit (May '07) May 19 eric a 38
News Heartland hearing shows local support May 17 asbestos anyone 4
South Farmingdale Fire Department Renovations (May '06) May 15 Honky Tonk 68 5
Sammy's Inferno, Gardiner's Ave. off Hempstead ... (Sep '11) May 14 Anonymous 8

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages