Hard prognosis no match for Chelmsford woman's unbeatable spirit

Full story: Lowell Sun 21
Meghan Sullivan, 22, with her mother, Cheryl, in their Chelmsford home. Meghan is living with Huntington's disease, for which there is no cure. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bryan McMahon

Lowell, MA

#1 Jan 4, 2010
God Bless you Meghan. Your dad was a very good man and he would be very proud of you. You are an incredible young woman.
Caring Mom

Gorham, ME

#3 Jan 4, 2010
I just got done reading your story.
Meghan,I have to give you a lot of credit.Your Dad would be very proud of you.You are keeping up with what your Dad said to you.and that's {NEVER LAY DOWN AND DIE }you certainly are {ONE ACCEPTABLE YOUNG LADY} KEEP UP THE FAITH.
May your dream come true and that's to have time with your:
NIECE {1year old TEAGAN}
and your friends and family
May God Bless You!
And Your Family:
My Prayers Are With You!
You Have My BLESSING..
Jessica

Boston, MA

#5 Jan 4, 2010
Meghan would come into best fitness everyday when I worked there. She was always and I believe still is such a sweet person. I worked at the front desk in 2007 and it was a relief to see people coming into the gym with a smile on their faces, but she always had one coming in and leaving. She always made an effort to say hi to the people she new around the gym and I always thought that was awesome, because not everyone made the effort to even say hello, but she always did. I wish her the best of luck and I agree with what her father said "don't lay down and die"...
babs

Braintree, MA

#6 Jan 4, 2010
you go girl keep it up meg dont lwt it get you down. i took care of your father at tewks he would of wanted you keep going
Linda

AOL

#7 Jan 4, 2010
What an incredible young woman, God bless you Meghan, your dad would be so proud of you. I'm praying for you and your family.
Ken Wooster

Union City, NJ

#8 Jan 4, 2010
wow! what an inspirational testimony.
you give so many others hope no matter what the situation.
thanks
a former Chelmsford resident
WOW

Lowell, MA

#9 Jan 4, 2010
God bless her. cute too.
Chelmsford Mom

Marblehead, MA

#10 Jan 4, 2010
Meghan you are a beautiful and courageous young woman. This story brings tears of sadness and tears of joy to my eyes.
My heart goes out to you, but I'm also so very proud of you. I remember you from St. Mary's and the Suburanettes. I NEVER saw you without that beautiful smile! And you still have it. God bless you. If only everyone could confront obstacles with your determination. Your parents should be proud. Your parents were and are great role models. I'm sure your Dad is watching from heaven...Smiling proudly.
Love and peace, A former suburbanette mom
Go Meghan

Billerica, MA

#11 Jan 4, 2010
What an inspirational story! Your strength and courage are truly inspirational! As someone who worked with HD patients for over 7 years I have seen the toll it take both mentally, physically, emotionally, etc...and you seem to have it all under control for yourself and still be able to help those around you! GOD BLESS YOU MEGHAN!!
From Chelmsford

Chelmsford, MA

#12 Jan 4, 2010
Meghan, Thank you for sharing your story. God Bless you and your Family!!
THANK YOU

Chelmsford, MA

#13 Jan 4, 2010
Fight the good fight and never stop Meghan. My mother had a milder form of Huntington's disease which started when she was 50 and slowly progressed. She lived another 20 great and wonderful years after her diagnosis. She always remained positive, never complaining at the cards she was dealt, always had the love of her 10 children that adored her, and her friends and family all drew upon her strength. YOU GIVE US ALL STRENGTH WITH YOUR COURAGE AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE THAT WE SOMETIMES TAKE FOR GRANTED. God Bless and our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Keep Fighting

Lowell, MA

#14 Jan 4, 2010
What an inspirational story! Meghan. Your dad would be so proud of you. I know that your mom is also very proud to have such a courageous and intelligent daughter who is going to do all you can to beat this disease.
My prayers go out to you, your mom and your family.
Jenn

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jan 4, 2010
Meg,
Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are a true inspiration to many! I am sure all your friends and family are extremely proud of you!
Keep it up!
your cousin

Lowell, MA

#16 Jan 4, 2010
LOVE YA MEG YOU ARE THE BEST!!! love your favorite cousin (I hope you know who it is...lol)
Carol Lee Collins

Scottsdale, AZ

#17 Jan 5, 2010
I taught Meghan at CHS - she is an amazing girl. I remember we were struggling a bit with some of the tougher concepts of psychology .. and while others might settle for a lesser grade - not my Meghan! She did extra credit, stayed after class and of course passed the course with flying colors. During the unit on the brain and neurological system, she showed great interest and we used to talk about her Dad and his illness.

I knew Meghan was destined for greatness ... through Meghan's courage and fighting spirit, she will be the voice of Huntington's Disease ...

Keep fighting Meghan - know I admire, respect, and love you VERY much and will make a contribution on your behalf.

Mrs. Collins
joy

Chelmsford, MA

#18 Jan 5, 2010
Thankyou Meghan and Cheryl for the article on Huntington's Disease. So few people know anything about it, how it progresses and how people can handle it. i have great admiration for you Meghan for your ability to think of other people at this time in your life when you have the biggest fight going on right now. My husband and now my daughter have Huntington's and you are an inspiration. Thankyou for caring about others.
kct

Chelmsford, MA

#19 Jan 5, 2010
GREAT article! As someone who is "at risk", I believe HD needs to be in the news more to let others know about this secretive disease. There are so many stories to tell here! I am hopeful that with more and more articles, funding will increase and medical technology will continue at an even faster and faster pace. I truly hope your generation, Meghan, will see the end of suffering from this disease. Thanks for your inspiration!
Faith

AOL

#20 Jan 5, 2010
Meghan, everyone needs a hero to admire, and I am sure you will be a "hero" to all those who are going through health battles now.
I teach at Rivier College,and I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I know you will be an inspiration, too, to other college students who may feel "down" because they are also going through difficult situations in their lives. They will learn from hearing about all you have done, in spite of your limitations.
Thank you for sharing your strength with all of us....You are a very special young woman!
Inspirational

Boston, MA

#21 Jan 6, 2010
Meghan,
Your story is such an inspiration to everyone, especially those with Huntingtons. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments! Keep it up, you have so many people who love you!
Terry McCarthy-Joyce

Boston, MA

#22 Jan 7, 2010
Hey Meghan,
You continue to inspire me and my entire family with your strength and courage! I recently read this inspirational quote and think it was definitely written for people like you and your mother: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Keep on dancing, and I hope one day to dance with you at the HD Gala when they announce a cure!! Love and hugs, Terry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No trace of third Lewis Lent victim in Greenwat... (Jul '13) Dec 21 whistleblower 10
Free condoms for teenagers (Jun '07) Sep '14 rineone 99
Couple in Lee prostitution case due back in court (Jun '14) Jun '14 Praxis33 4
Review: Enlightening 'Cuba' lacks enough emotio... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Don Doo Be Doo Do... 3
$150K in pot seized in pair of raids (Aug '11) Apr '14 Captian chem 11
David D. Keough (Feb '10) Feb '14 debra silveira 2
BEATLES FOR SALE- the tribute: Live in Huntington (May '11) May '11 Beatleman 1
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]