New Anglican Mission's roots in Rwanda

Feb 14, 2009 Full story: www.journalgazette.net

He's a pastor in a denomination that started hundreds of years ago in England and is accountable to an archbishop in central Africa.

So what’s the Rev. Rick Leone doing in Fort Wayne?

Starting a new congregation affiliated with the Anglican Mission in the Americas, a group with its roots in ministering to disaffected U.S. Episcopalians ... Read more

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Feb 14, 2009
"According to its Web site, www.theamia.org , the Anglican Mission in the Americas was started about a decade ago by Anglican Archbishop Emmanuel Kolini of Rwanda.

Believing Anglican traditionalists were being ignored or persecuted as the Episcopal Church USA took stances allowing same-sex unions and the ordination of openly gay clergy, Kolini commissioned two dissident American Episcopal clergymen to serve as Anglican “missionary bishops” in the United States ..."
Orthodox Church

Athens, Greece

#2 Feb 19, 2009
Anglican Options,Rome or Orthodoxy?

( http://www.westernorthodox.com/options.html )
Recovering Episcopalian

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2009
Orthodox Church wrote:
Anglican Options,Rome or Orthodoxy?
( http://www.westernorthodox.com/options.html )
Great question. There has been talk of an Anglican Rite within the Catholic Church. However, I think many Anglicans would be attracted to Orthodoxy - given arguments against papal authority, infallibility, etc.

As a Byzantine Catholic, I happily straddle the fence - please don't hurle tomatos!

“Reader”

Since: Oct 07

Baltimore, MD

#4 Feb 26, 2009
Joe DeCaro wrote:
"According to its Web site, www.theamia.org , the Anglican Mission in the Americas was started about a decade ago by Anglican Archbishop Emmanuel Kolini of Rwanda.
Believing Anglican traditionalists were being ignored or persecuted as the Episcopal Church USA took stances allowing same-sex unions and the ordination of openly gay clergy, Kolini commissioned two dissident American Episcopal clergymen to serve as Anglican “missionary bishops” in the United States ..."
Of course, since his preview only includes Rwanda he has absolutely no authority to appoint bishops in the US and, as a result, they are completely without any legitimacy whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cliff Falcone of Huntington Indiana has passed Mar 23 Charles Penn 2
Jaime Koontz Mar 1 just do it 1
does anyone know her Feb '15 disgusting 1
free online dat ing tonight! (Sep '13) Feb '15 why 4
junkies in htown cops kids Feb '15 nevermind 1
News Senate SBOE bill would strip power from Glenda ... Feb '15 ima hoosier 1
News 9 Caught in Drug Sweep: Arrests were the end of... (Apr '07) Dec '14 Elect Wall 23
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]