|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

Galkos Windows and Solar Installl...

Wow it was just a couple of months ago my husband had Galkos install new vinyl replacement windows and solar. We were looking for quality products not the cheapest price. After doing some research we found that Galkos has been in business longer than most construction companies and most are no longer in business now. Not only did we upgrade to energy efficient products to save on energy but we got products that a company stands behind.
Galkos offers a lifetime warranty on their windows which we did not find offered by other companies. We just felt this comment surprising and would like to say we are very happy with our Windows and Solar and would definitely reccommend Galkos if you are looking for quality products.
JoAnn Lewis
John Sanchez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

Judged:

Galkos Construction is much more expensive then most of the window companies in Los Angeles and Orange County area. I have 10 estimates and only Sears is higher. Galkos Construction keeps calling me even though I have bought windows from another company. Galkos keeps calling at least 3 times a day. The salesman from Galkos made it sound like they are the only good company in the area. Galkos stop calling me please.
Brian Simmons

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

Judged:

My wife and I got several window estimates from different companies ourself and we have to agree Galkos Construction was not the cheapest but what we found Galkos had the best warranty and a better product. Galkos also offers Anlin Windows not just Atrium. All of Anlin Windows and Doors do qualify for the energy tax rebate so we made to purchase. We have to admit the service was very good and we really love our windows. So if you are looking for good service and good products we would recommend Galkos to anyone look for new windows. We have found some negative reviews but more positives so we would have to say it probably goes with the saying you can't please everyone. Hope this helps thanks again Galkos.

Brian Simmons.
Steve

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

John Sanchez wrote:
Galkos Construction is much more expensive then most of the window companies in Los Angeles and Orange County area. I have 10 estimates and only Sears is higher. Galkos Construction keeps calling me even though I have bought windows from another company. Galkos keeps calling at least 3 times a day. The salesman from Galkos made it sound like they are the only good company in the area. Galkos stop calling me please.
I shopped for windows last month and found it very time consuming. I would get plenty of estimates and check references. The Galkos salesman never called me with references like he said. He also bad mouthed other brands which I didn't like. I got Milgard Tuscany windows from another company because they are really good windows and have won alot of awards. The company supplied references up front. The Milgard Tuscany windows do qualify for the tax credit and are affordable.$450 a window on average installed. The Milgard windows only took 2 weeks to get and installation in one day. I also got $25 a window and $75 a door back from Milgard. The Atrium and Anlin were more expensive from Galkos Construction. The Galkos salesman was very nice and knew his products. I have not have the phone call issue.
Richard A

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Judged:

I just wanted to inform you that your staff Han and his crew came to my house early this morning and in a timely manner installed my new windows. I am very pleased with their workmanship and professionalism. Han is a very personal individual and does a good job in representing your company by doing what he can to accommodate the customer's needs.
I look forward in having your next crew do my patio cover in the near future.
Sincerely,
Richard A.
Ethel S

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Judged:

Dear Galkos,

From the free estimate, to the actual installation to the follow up calls and all the questions in between, we (my mother and I) are very pleased with your company and your windows!
We were impressed with the knowledge of Michael Riggs and the comfortable way he made us feel during the free estimate.
Then, when the installers came, we were amazed at how quickly they worked and also how friendly and knowledgeable they were.
We had several questions in between the estimate and time the windows were installed and each time, our concerns were solved by friendly people.
Since the windows were installed, we have had nothing but praise for them! The noise level is almost completely gone and there are no drafts at all!
We will gladly tell, refer and show off these windows to anyone!

Sincerely,
Nana E.
Ethel S.
Richard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Judged:

Looks like Richard A. and Ethel S. are the same person. Both ip addresses listed as Westminster, CA posted within a hour of each other. I really don't understand why companies do this kind of stuff.
William A JR

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

We attended the Los Angeles Home Show in January 2009 looking for windows for our home. While walking through the show we met a very nice lady who works for Galkos Construction.
She was friendly, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and was sensitive to our needs. We explained what we were looking for and she offered various options that would work for are situation and offered us discount coupons.
We kept walking through the floor and noticed there was a booth with booklets and information laid out on the tables but no one was there to ask questions and it seemed that the booth ws empty. We were approached be several window vendors and we did take their cards and scheduled appointments for estimates.
Our second appointment was with Galkos Construction aka "GCI Energy". The Galkos Representative showed up on time and spent quality time with us explaining the various options for our needs. He talked with us about the neighborhood pride program which sparked our interest. Well needless to say, we were so impressed with his presentation that we decided to go with Galkos Construction that same evening and canceled all the other appointments.
The next person to come out was the individual with the responsibility of measuring all the windows. It was quickand painless. After the new replacement windows were ready, the work crew showed up at 9:00am, they were careful to protect the floors and anything else that might be damaged in the course of their work. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing and got down to business. They completed the job at approximately 4:00pm. We were truly amazed at not only the short time it took to install the new windows, but the professional way they went about their business. We did a walk around and were extremeley pleased with the installation and quality of the new replacement windows and sliding glass door. Since the installation, we have received many compliments from friends and family on how beautiful the windows look. We are very pleased with the outcome.
We would not hesitate to recommend Galkos Construction to anyone wo wanted any energy efficient upgrades to be done to their home.
Actual Galkos Reviews

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

These posts show the same city because these posts are acutal reviews from our customers that gave us permission to post for them. Please ready our testimonial pages directly on our website at galkos.com our give us a try yourself. No company can please everyone but there are thousands of satisfied customers we have.
Negative posts

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Must be the same person posting negatives hmm.
Galkos Review May 2009

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

My wife and I cannot express deeply enough our gratitude for a job so well done. Our windows are so beautiful they surprised even us. It was a difficult decision for us to make. We are a single family income residence with typical household responsibilities that are priorities.

Such an investment was a major concern, as well it should be; however, that concern was silenced after the completion of the job. It did not take long for us to realize we were wise in our investment with Galkos. Our heater, which ran almost continuously through the cold nights, is now heard only sparingly, as will be our air-conditioning unit we expect.

The house truly reflects our desire to have a beautiful home to come back to. Armando and his crew were as efficient and friendly as the brochures have made all Galkos employees out to be, and I was amazed to return from work the day they began, to find the job complete. It was truly an outstanding experience to have done business with the Galkos family.

A huge "thank-you" goes out to Ray Eligan who so professionally and openly started the Gomez family on their first major investment into their new home. I would be proud to recommend the Galkos family
Galkos Complaint

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Judged:

I recieved a hard sell quote from them in 2007 and was NOT please with the price or the bad car salesman tactics. I did not use them and in fact did not complete the project. They called me today 06/08/09 and wanted to come by again for another quote with at least 50% off the original cost. I told the person on the phone that I could not schedule without talking to my husband first and he gave me a # to call back. I asked him if this was a call center and he said no that he was the assistant to the owner. Well His name is Mario and according to Galkos - When I called the # back the owners assistants name is Wendy. Here we go again... More lies from Galkos.
Galkos is Annoying

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

Judged:

Galkos is the most annoying company around. I was in K-Mart one day and unfortunatey gave my name and phone number to a salesperson saying I was only *thinking* about gettins some remodeling done. They called a lot even after I told them I had changed my mind.

Now they have a new tactic. Someone called and said that they were helping to figure out how to get an energy tax credit, that they were associated with Southern Cal Edison (I forgot the exact words) to do an energy review, and give a free estimate on what it would cost.
Who showed up at the door but a Galkos Construction employee, and all he wanted to do was sell me windows. No mention of energy review except at the door. If I wasn't going to buy any windows right now, he wouldn't show me the windows, or give me an estimate what it would cost.
This company is aggressive, wasted my time, and didn't keep their promise with me.
Galkos, please stop calling me or I'll keep writing bad reviews!
annynomus

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2009

Judged:

i used to work for galkos and the reason they call everyday is because they keep everyones info on work orders and they have a customer service night shift and day shift that go through the boxes and call people. even if the people threaten to call and report them they still put their name back to be called again.
Galkos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

You must have not worked for Galkos because they do not not have a second shift for customer service. Customer service gets off at 5pm. unfortunately no company has perfect employees or can satisfy everyone's taste or budget. But please don't post fake negative reviews. If you got poor service please let us know.
Romarin

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Judged:

Galkos has no lifetime warranty. The manufacturer has the warranty. Anyone can get the same guarantee using a different company as long as they buy the same manufacturers windows. Besides, nobodies guarantee is good past the day they file for bankruptcy anyway. I laugh when I see a lifetime warranty, is it bonded and insured? Of course not.
I'm sure Galkos has many happy customers. I am sure they all have one thing in common, they never got more than one bid and never wanted another bid to see how they were royally reamed.
If you can buy a dozen eggs at the market for a dollar and thirty cents and another store charges three dollars is it criminal? No, but it should be.
thomas howard

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

Judged:

I wood like to for comming out to my home and giving me a estimate on my home.
I am still interest. I just need a little to decide on the work.
DAVE SHANHOLTZER THANK YOU FOR TIME.
THOMAS HOWARD
6833 ELM AVE
CYPRESS CA 90630
Henry N

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Judged:

Galkos Construction has changed their name to GCI Energy Products by Galkos Construction. I guess the GCI Energy Products name sounds better. GCI Energy Products sells windows and solar. Search both companies online and check Better Business. Gakos Construction or GCI Enery Products has 34 complaints on the Better Business Bureau website.
34 complaints over 3 years is alot in the window business.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Galkos-...

I asked my GCI Energy Products salesman to give me some references with phone numbers. I told his 10 would be great. Still waiting. Why would I buy windows from any company without calling some of its previous customers.
Cliff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Judged:

Galkos Construction is so over priced. Get a few quotes and you will see that you were overcharged. Salesman still calls me telling me he as a new promotion going. People that fall for this are plain stupid. What a joke!
Galkos

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

Not every company sells their product for the same price, or sells the same brand of product. Companies that guarantee the lowest price are not going to sell you a high quality product. We at Galkos believe in offering products that will last a life time. If you had a medical emergency would you choose the cheapest doctor? More than likely not. When you compare prices between companies don't forget you get what you pay for. If you would like a free demonstration on any of our products just give us a call at 800-700-1995 and we would be glad to show you the difference between our products and others. Galkos has remodeled over 30,000 homes in Southern California so if you would like some references we would be glad to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Huntington Beach News Video

•••
•••

Huntington Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••