Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Huntingdon Valley Forum

Comments (Page 2,172)

Showing posts 43,421 - 43,440 of51,398
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TaxNoMore

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Walmart is giving away free cell phones

I'm a bummer....
RepublicansFail

Patton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Did TaxNoMore vote for Obama? I still can't figure it out!
TaxNoMore

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

RepublicansFail wrote:
Did TaxNoMore vote for Obama? I still can't figure it out!
//////

yes.

NoOpinion

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Did Mr Romney lose his invite to the inauguration?
Franklin Templeton

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

TaxNoMore wrote:
Frustrating inaugural message:
No cell signal
//////////
obummer phones out of service?
Maybe you need to get the antenna inbeded in your brian readjusted to a better frequency...

It seems to be malfunctioning again.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Van Jones compares Obama inaugural address to 'Django Unchained'
On Monday, former green jobs czar Van Jones compared President Obama's inaugural speech to Quentin Tarantino's bloody movie "Django Unchained" in a tweet described by Twitchy as "borderline racist."
"Two-word description of the Inaugural Address:
'Djobama Unleashed,'" he tweeted.
As we reported in early January, a number of people who saw "Django Unchained" expressed a desire to kill white people in violent, racist tweets.
"After watching Django, all I wanna do is shoot white people," one person tweeted.
The former Obama adviser who once admitted being a communist,
issued a tweet earlier in the week,
for example, falsely claiming that members of the NRA want to shoot police and soldiers.
"Does #NRA think US Const protects 'right' 2 shoot USA cops & soldiers? Keep saying folks need big guns 2 fight our govt. Um...#Treason?(sic)" he tweeted.
"Your Opinion"?
Gun confiscation by Obama is part of this plan.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun confiscation by Obama is part of this plan.
...he says without a speck of evidence.

Given the accuracy of rightwing predictions of the outcome of the November election, why would anyone take their predictions about Obama's future behavior seriously?

LOL! You wingnuts crack me up.
lou schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
lou schwartz wrote:
<quoted text>. Under current law, companies can deduct the cost of moving people and equipment overseas from their taxes. S. 3364 would have eliminated that deduction, and created a new 20 percent tax credit for all costs associated with moving overseas jobs back to America. Makes sense, start a business in Honduras and get a tax break for moving the people and equipment back to the US.
Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
I'm tired of drilling you.
Anybody got a cigatrette?
//////////
Vanguard Global ex-US Real Estate Fund
Performance
The fund has returned 41.49 percent over the past year.
Oh my, anybody got a pack of cigarettes?
And your point is?

I'm waiting, Anybody got a joint?
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
"After watching Django, all I wanna do is shoot the communist liberal,"Dan the Man"
You want to do "Dan the Man".
Stoplight

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Stoplight: Let Me Be Clear

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Stoplight

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
...he says without a speck of evidence.
Given the accuracy of rightwing predictions of the outcome of the November election, why would anyone take their predictions about Obama's future behavior seriously?
LOL! You wingnuts crack me up.

You need to be able to think outside the bubble you live in. This is your main problem.

You lack common sense and I bet you failed history. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Stoplight wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to be able to think outside the bubble you live in. This is your main problem.
You lack common sense and I bet you failed history. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny.
you said"If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny"

try

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/...

"The Digital Journal reports:

Last September, 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio of Port St. Lucie, Florida shot off his penis and one of his testicles with a gun he had just purchased. A year earlier, an Arizona man blew his penis off after tucking his girlfriend's pink pistol into the waistband of his pants. And in 2010, a Washington man lost his testicles after a gun tucked into his waistband accidentally discharged."

so under your logic what does that tell you about handgun owners?

still want to stick to your "duck" theory?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Stoplight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I seem to be trapped inside this bubble of reality. Somehow the objective, verifiable facts in here prevent me from thinking outside this bubble.

You should actually try getting inside the bubble of the reality based universe some time. You might enjoy the change. LOL!
NoOpinion

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
You never really own your home as long as it can be taken from you for not paying your property taxes.
You’re simply paying rent to the government under threat of eviction.
Your suggestion would be... No taxes? Come up with a better way. None of us love paying real estate taxes; at least those of us who own property.
RepublicansFail

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

No worries Dan the Man. This is a Clearfield board... remember... this area is and has been near the bottom in terms of wealth and education. Don't expect intelligent discussion. People here have been voting in Republicans for 30 years and how's that worked out for the area? Well, it's gone steadily downhill. It will continue that trend with the continued leadership of Glenn Thompson and now Sankey. Having seen Thompson speak, I'm amazed anyone would vote for the guy at all... total moron.

Aside from failing in social and economic terms, the area is doing very well! Let's keep the same leaders! We're overtaxed, surely that is the issue! People here get what they deserve, and I for one feel no pity for the stupid. God doesn't answer prayers by people too stupid to help themselves. For proof of stupidity due to lack of factual understanding, see nearly any comment by TaxNoMore, who makes Rush Limbaugh sound like an intellectual force. The dumb hicks here could benefit by reading actual books that make one think. No I'm not talking about Rush's latest book, or a column written by a right-wing hack, blog, or website... try a book, a real one... just for example Rawls' Theory of Justice, or Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government. Nah... let's get real... the masses here will stick with the latest issue of Guns & Ammo. As I said, they get the society they deserve. Sadly, they're just ruining the area for future generations who can't help that they were born here.
Wrong

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RepublicansFail wrote:
No worries Dan the Man. This is a Clearfield board... remember... this area is and has been near the bottom in terms of wealth and education. Don't expect intelligent discussion. People here have been voting in Republicans for 30 years and how's that worked out for the area? Well, it's gone steadily downhill. It will continue that trend with the continued leadership of Glenn Thompson and now Sankey. Having seen Thompson speak, I'm amazed anyone would vote for the guy at all... total moron.
Aside from failing in social and economic terms, the area is doing very well! Let's keep the same leaders! We're overtaxed, surely that is the issue! People here get what they deserve, and I for one feel no pity for the stupid. God doesn't answer prayers by people too stupid to help themselves. For proof of stupidity due to lack of factual understanding, see nearly any comment by TaxNoMore, who makes Rush Limbaugh sound like an intellectual force. The dumb hicks here could benefit by reading actual books that make one think. No I'm not talking about Rush's latest book, or a column written by a right-wing hack, blog, or website... try a book, a real one... just for example Rawls' Theory of Justice, or Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government. Nah... let's get real... the masses here will stick with the latest issue of Guns & Ammo. As I said, they get the society they deserve. Sadly, they're just ruining the area for future generations who can't help that they were born here.
Actually, Mr. Undereducated, this board is statewide. I'm from Bucks County, just outside of Philadelphia.

I just thought you'd like to know.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Gee, I wonder...... More than one Transexual has done a self castration. In India, It's pretty common among the Hijra. Jesus talks about it in Matthew 19:12, look it up.
Regards, Terri
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
you said"If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny"
try
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/...
"The Digital Journal reports:
Last September, 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio of Port St. Lucie, Florida shot off his penis and one of his testicles with a gun he had just purchased. A year earlier, an Arizona man blew his penis off after tucking his girlfriend's pink pistol into the waistband of his pants. And in 2010, a Washington man lost his testicles after a gun tucked into his waistband accidentally discharged."
so under your logic what does that tell you about handgun owners?
still want to stick to your "duck" theory?
NoOpinion

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I'm not going back to see if TaxNoMore actually answered my question. He/She/It insists on taking up unnecessary space with each post. Not going looking for it. So be it.
RepublicansFail

Northern Cambria, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I think that it is fair to say that most Americans have only a passing knowledge of the writings of philosophers such as Plato, Thomas More, Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Charles de Montesquieu and Alexis de Toqueville.
Some would attribute this to the "dumbing down of America" that has been inexorably taking place in our schools over the past half-century or so.
But the truth is that all of these individuals as well as Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels have exerted a great deal of influence over American political thought in the 235 years of our nation's existence.
Plato, More, Hobbes and of course Karl Max all come down on the side of "collectivist" or "utopian" states whereby individuals must necessarily become subservient to the interests of the state.
In such an environment individuals
"must be managed and suppressed by masterminds for the greater good."
There is no tolerance for individual self-interest or even self-preservation.
A person's labor and property belong to the state or are controlled by the state.
http://www.amazon.com/Ameritopia-Unmaking-Mar...

Lol. So now philosophy is a liberal pursuit. You can complain about philosophers as you please, and you can throw out Marx and Engels and I can throw out Ayn Rand, who was just as dangerous, if not more so. Her thought is essentially what you're espousing. No one I'm aware of, not even liberals, have anything against self-interest. But your believe in free market solutions to everything is absurd because the market doesn't solve all social problems. I think your views on which philosophers espoused collectivist or utopian views are also just wrong; and in any case nearly all philosophers believe the end of the philosophy will be utopia. Ayn Rand espoused her utopia as well, so it's not as if your own philosophy is immune from your own criticism.

Finally, I think your belief that certain philosophies having exerted influence, although true for some time, have certainly faded in recent times. You sound just flat out willfully ignorant or crazy. Do you recall Bush and his GOP congress? Not too long ago we had Ayn Rand philosophy running the country. Result - near depression. Since Reagen, every GOP admin has exploded our date. It really took off with Reagen. Continued with HW Bush. Clinton finally fixed their mess, we get surplus, and along comes W Bush to screw it up all over again, but worse. And now the liberals are left to clean up the mess. Supply side economics is a failure, bottom line. I repeat - 12 years of tax cuts on the wealthy ... your so-called job creators ... and where are the jobs? Nowhere... the economy basically failed entirely. Obama cleaned up the mess, put the brakes on unemployment, and got it back under control down to the level it was when he took over. From 4.7 to 7.8 under W Bush... over just a 2 year period. From 7.8 to 9.8 back to 7.8 in 4 years under Obama. Someone turned it around, and it was Obama with no help at all from the GOP, who has been obstructing him at every turn. Facts matter. Continue the willfull ignorance.
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

NoOpinion wrote:
I'm not going back to see if TaxNoMore actually answered my question. He/She/It insists on taking up unnecessary space with each post. Not going looking for it. So be it.
TaxNoMore is a sociopath boardering on psychotic, don't waste your time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 43,421 - 43,440 of51,398
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huntingdon Valley Discussions

Search the Huntingdon Valley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr T kprbutt 3,556
Mayor's menu filled up: 1 day, 24 restaurants Apr 20 Christshariahns R Cumin 1
John Roman's Last Concert Apr 15 Anon 1
Weis Markets Huntingdon Valley is a RIPOFF Apr 7 Mrs R Schwartz 3
Debate: Marijuana - Jenkintown, PA (Aug '10) Mar '14 Puffing 18
Le-vel Thrive Experience Mar '14 Curious 1
Local Ukrainians organize amid fears of Russian... Mar '14 Holotta Wytrache 1
•••

Fire Warning for Montgomery County was issued at April 23 at 7:27PM EDT

•••
•••

Huntingdon Valley News Video

•••