Detractors, growing debt dog local bu...

Detractors, growing debt dog local builder

There are 3486 comments on the The Times-Tribune story from Jun 24, 2007, titled Detractors, growing debt dog local builder. In it, The Times-Tribune reports that:

“He gets really obnoxious and tries to get you mad so you quit and take a loss”

Scott Binsack makes his trade as a home builder, but his best tools are his mastery of marketing and his magnetic charisma. via The Times-Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times-Tribune.

BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH

Ashburn, VA

#23 Jul 5, 2007
Mr. Renda - Thats right you started listening a long time ago, because it peaked your interest, because you DID get tips on building! Scott - did not go on about his personal life until well into his radio show, due to people bashing him and proposing the first time on radio, which you are right he should keep his personal life out. You guys must not have any common sense. If someone was bashing you, would you defend yourself? It is only natural! As far as him reading from manuals, does he, yes, SOMETIMES! He receives every magazine, book, etc. there is to keep up to date on the latest and most perinant info. Something obviously you don't do, otherwise you wouldn't be listening to the show, and if you do get this info, then your bashing someone for no good reason.
Scott, does not rip off people, never has, not since I have know him. It was a generalization as far as why I am defending him. If you people had any brains you would realize that if he was ripping people off, he would be pocketing the money and running. He puts the money back into the business, otherwise he wouldn't have all he has to make his business suceed, yes I said suceed. Scott, is where he is at now, by defending himself, because people like you have nothing better to do. He came into this town, and brought something real, and PA can't adjust to someone coming in and actually knowing what the hell is going on, that was never said before. Your last correct statement proves it, you have no clue who he is, what his abilities are, and your feeding off of nothing but gossip, so put your tail between your legs, and wish him success cause you don't know anything about him. Enough is Enough, try to put some effort into something positive in your life, instead thriving off of B.S. especially when you don't have a clue about who or what your talking about!
This is WAY too funny

Towanda, PA

#24 Jul 5, 2007
I cannot believe the things that Scott Binsack does or continues to do! He has now slept with a customer's wife and recently proposed to the same woman's daughter on air!!! This guy is relentless. Just google his name is see what comes up - it is absolutely amazing!!! Oh and for all you folks who thinks he a wonderful builder, I have direct contact with two families that he built homes for only to have both families need to hire a reputable company to fix all the things that were wrong with their homes. Scott doesn't know his elbow from his ear in correlation to building homes. And, he just burnt down another customer's new construction that was behind 8 months in construction, guess it was easier to do that than deal with irate customers. Good luck to any nimrod who would hire this joker after all the people he left in the dust of Hurricane Scott!
Brett Weir

Allentown, PA

#25 Jul 6, 2007
Firstly, to all those blogging on this site who have not met Scott Binsack, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to him... as he is responding as the "Because I Know The Truth" heading on all entries above! Good one Scott, but you know too much about yourself to be "just" an errant browser to this site!

Happy writing Scott, and stop playing with matches 'cause you might get burned (again!)

Best to Patty!
BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH

Ashburn, VA

#26 Jul 6, 2007
Brett Weir wrote:
Firstly, to all those blogging on this site who have not met Scott Binsack, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to him... as he is responding as the "Because I Know The Truth" heading on all entries above! Good one Scott, but you know too much about yourself to be "just" an errant browser to this site!
Happy writing Scott, and stop playing with matches 'cause you might get burned (again!)
Best to Patty!
Mr. Weir - first off "Because I Know The Truth" is not Scott Binsack for your information. I certainly don't even come close to looking like him, I am a female. If you read the above blogs, and you say he is "just" and errant browser because he knows to much about himself. That is "just" what I have been saying all along, you people don't know who the hell he is or what he is all about. Like I said in the above, I know him better than all of you put together, and usually I know him better than his ownself. I have told the truth in all these blogs, and I will continue to tell the truth and defend who and what he is. I have said point blank what I think about him and his company. Try reading the blogs again!
watermelonpunch

Wilkes Barre, PA

#27 Jul 6, 2007
I saw this coming a year ago, and I know nothing about building or whatever.
http://www.watermelonpunch.com/blog/sideblog/...
And I'm not the only one, I'm sure there's at least a few people who shied away from doing business with him after Google-ing him. Not hard to find the Pocono Record stories.
Kevin

Gouldsboro, PA

#28 Jul 6, 2007
Why hide behind a pseudonym,(pronounced: sue - doe - nim didn't want you to miss that one Scotty ole boy) or better yet a keyboard.
Unveil yourself masked avenger for all to see.
I have no problem telling you who I am and what I stand for, why not you?

Or....

Do you have something to hide, like your IP address which can be traced back, by certain intellectually challenged individuals, to your real identity or at least your current billing address with phone number included.
So please, for the sake of all who are hanging on by a cuticle, unmask yourself!

Or Not.......

We really don't care, because to tell you the truth your no better than the scum bag you're trying to protect.
Have a nice day and please......
Do drink the Kool-Aid!

Disclaimer:
Others please beware of the Bitch-sack Kool-Aid served at any Bitch-sack open house.
End Disclaimer:
Frank Renda

Lebanon, PA

#29 Jul 6, 2007
Well,Because I know the truth,if you're not Scott,then you must indeed be very close to him,because you spell as bad as he reads.
Oh, and the next time you try to speak about an organism, just take your time, and you'll get through it,or was it really a discussion about orgasms in septic tanks ?

Thanks Scott, keep them coming .
BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH

Ashburn, VA

#30 Jul 7, 2007
You guys have really got to get a life. Whatever your opinion, so be it. Its just to bad you guys feed off of such b.s. Have you ever heard the saying "What goes around comes around"...I can't wait till this all bites you in the a** And Kevin I could care less who you are. Because really you may say I am a scumbag, but really you have some serious issues.
This is gettin good

Arlington, VA

#31 Jul 7, 2007
I cannot believe that this low life degenerate isn't locked up and is still able to screw over more people. This idiot Binsack single handedly takes peoples dreams of building a new home and squashes them with his less than mediocre building technique - that is if he can even get the materials to start your house. Binsack you belong in the slammer and the day the FBI picked you up in Georgia is that last day that you should have been able to breathe "free" air!
Frank Renda

Lebanon, PA

#32 Jul 7, 2007
A word of warning to any present or future employees of Mansions & Estates, if it is determined during your employment that "you gotta go", Scott has stated that he WILL throw you off of a roof. Proven fact !
Carpenter for hire

Carbondale, PA

#33 Jul 7, 2007
A skilled carpenter, now looking for immediate work due to high debt that now he is in. Thank you Mr. Binsack! My bank account is now in the negative due to rubber checks from Mansions and Estates LLC. I hope to bounce these checks over to the DA's office that should have had him in jail long before I became a victim. I know for a fact I am not the only one who has been caught up in his lies, broken promises and deceit. I truly feel hurt to see so many homeowners be strung along. It's a shame!
Carpenter for hire!
Frank Renda

Lebanon, PA

#34 Jul 7, 2007
To Carpenter for hire, I feel for you, but as you probably already know, Scott's excuse will be as stated on his recent on air rant, that local banks that he has deposited hundreds of thousands of dollars in are deliberately bouncing checks just to get back at him. Proven fact!
Kevin

Gouldsboro, PA

#36 Jul 7, 2007
Profile of the Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

And you say that I have issues, hah!
David Yonki

Slatington, PA

#37 Jul 7, 2007
Mr. Falchek: That had to be one of the most comprehensive stories I've ever seen written by a local journalist. You covered every angle and did the community a service by exposing this guy for what he is. What is amazing is that in a few years, he'll be back in business again. Submit your story for an AP Award, you'll win it hands down. Any one can be rich on paper, but when you need to cash the checks, then that's a different story.
repo man

Weatherly, PA

#38 Jul 7, 2007
what happen to all the trucks!!!!!

they bounced out along with the employees checks.

lolololololololol

ps.because i realy know the truth
Kevin

Gouldsboro, PA

#40 Jul 8, 2007
********** ATTENTION **********
To all former clients of Scott J Binsack who were involved in the Monroe County case and are scheduled to receive restitution, or if you know somebody involved in that case please contact them concerning this matter.
Please refer to the above link and if necessary contact your counsel for advice on this proceeding.
Your voice needs to and should be heard in this matter.
Thank you.

Since: Jul 07

Moscow, PA

#41 Jul 8, 2007
David Yonki, I agree it was a good article...

Though a little late coming, considering this guy was apparently accused of similar things in Long Island, and something about where he came from before was apparently known by someone in the Scranton Times, and it's not like his conviction in the Poconos was difficult to find out about.

For months I've thought it's amazing that I was the only one on the internet connecting his convicted in the Poconos past to his new enterprise! I know this because I check my referrals, and people have been finding my site through a search for "scott binsack" for the past year, and I've kept checking the Google search, and nothing else was there until the Pocono Record forum in January.
http://forums.poconorecord.com/n/pfx/forum.as...

And still it seemed like nobody in Scranton was acknowledging anything amiss. Not only that, but the fact that the Electric City weekly (part of the same paper), was extolling his wonderfulness at the same time, with Rube Lomax's salivating overtures of admiration from January.

http://www.ecweekend.com/columns/story.asp...
1/18/2007 By Rube Lomax
"uber-developer Scott Binsack, president and founder of Mansions and Estates International (the ritzy, titzy construction company, that only builds homes $300,000 and up), was seen chatting up a gaggle of good-looking gal pals who seemed to hang on his every word. And yes, Sir Scott has quite the vocabulary. If you don't believe moi, tune in to WILK every Sunday from noon to 2 p.m. to catch Scott's acerbic yet witty local radio show.[...]
Anyhoots, Scott's appearance on the local scene from Long Island has been a welcome arrival and you can be sure Rude Rube will be stalking him every chance that I get.
In fact, I caught site of him over the rim of a smooth Absolut martini at Amore Restaurant this past week. He appeared to be dishing the dirt with power broker John Baker and a gathering of construction boy toys that appeared to salivate at the prospect of working for him."

I'd like to know what Lomax has to say now.

Though WILK seems to still be thrilled with the man, so maybe Falcheck is the only one in the media business that isn't under the Binsack spell.
Quemesabe

Kingston, Jamaica

#42 Jul 9, 2007
BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH wrote:
To:someonewhocares...I could put money on it that I know the hard core truth a heck of lot more than you! I do not disagree with you about his outbursts, the womanizer thing, arrogance and so on. But I do not believe that he takes advantage of everyone that crosses his path. I do believe that he knows what he is doing with building homes. Honestly if he was trying to do anything but what he loves, I don't think the money would go right back into his business. You all have a right to your own opinion, but try to find something better to do with your life than gossip about a small town businessman. Isn't there more important things in life! And yes god bless the new fiance' and yes she is to young to know better! But his personal life is no one's business, right or wrong!
Oh brother! Are you naive? It sounds like you are ready to put a deposit down on one of his houses located in the gated community of "Pie in the Sky"!
Listen, I have personally known this Human Sea Cucumber. He is the biggest slime ball I have ever known. He walked out on his dying mother, abandoned his wife and child and
"Split" to the Caribbean island of Nevis, to avoid the long arm of the law. Unfortunately for him, it all came undone when he was busted for possession of cocaine, spent a brief time in jail, courtesy of her Majesty, until he duped some poor bastard into paying his $10,000.00 US bail. Very predictably he fled the island before his trail, stiffed his friend and is currently being sought there.
Wouldn’t it be lovely if they could extradite his sorry derriere to spend time in a real jail, Caribbean style!
Don’t buy it? Just contact the police in Nevis; they will fill you in on the details.
Faithfully yours,
Quemesabe
Quemesabe

Kingston, Jamaica

#43 Jul 9, 2007
Oh brother! Are you naive? It sounds like you are ready to put a deposit down on one of his houses located in the gated community of "Pie in the Sky"!
Listen, I have personally known this Human Sea Cucumber. He is the biggest slime ball I have ever known. He walked out on his dying mother, abandoned his wife and child and
"Split" to the Caribbean island of Nevis, to avoid the long arm of the law. Unfortunately for him, it all came undone when he was busted for possession of cocaine, spent a brief time in jail, courtesy of her Majesty, until he duped some poor bastard into paying his $10,000.00 US bail. Very predictably he fled the island before his trail, stiffed his friend and is currently being sought there.
Wouldn’t it be lovely if they could extradite his sorry derriere to spend time in a real jail, Caribbean style!
Don’t buy it? Just contact the police in Nevis; they will fill you in on the details.
BECAUSE I KNOW THE TRUTH

Mount Pleasant Mills, PA

#44 Jul 9, 2007
Quemesabe - I am not naive, and no I definitly don't want to put a deposit down in as you say Scott's Pie in the Sky!
I also personally know him past, present, and future, I am sure. Probably alot longer than you or anyone else on this site, if you have read my blogs. Try again, read the blogs! I am not related to him, I am not his fiance, nor do I want to be related in anyway, I can't be that naive. I know one thing as you all bash the daylights out of him, that I can read between the lines, I know Scott better than all of you. I never said that Scott wasn't an ass, I never said any such thing, I did say that I will defend him in his professional life. I know that he has never ripped off his clients, I know that he puts his life and money back into his company, and isn't trying to getting away with anything. Have you seen or spoke to him since he left the Caribbean? Have you seen his business that he has now? This is getting really old, and I can't believe that all you people have nothing better to do. If Scott is going to hang himself, if he was doing so much wrong, all that you guys say, then so be it, but until then get the facts in his life now, before you just rant, and believe me I will be here defending him, because I have more facts than you guys have rumors!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anthony P. Fortino | Company executive, 80 (Jan '09) Jan '16 Phil Fortino 6
Review: Kenan Nail SPA Jan '16 John 1
News This wildly popular YouTube star is asking his ... Dec '15 NJDoug 1
Weis Markets Huntingdon Valley is a RIPOFF (Dec '13) Jun '14 irish1 4
News New Weis Opening in Huntingdon Valley (Nov '13) Nov '13 ACME Markets 2
ACME Markets matches all Huntingdon Valley WEIS... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ACME Markets Malvern 1
News In Bensalem, high hopes for waterfront development (Jul '13) Sep '13 dumd 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntingdon Valley Mortgages