Witness, boyfriend testify about fatal crash on Route 309 -- th...

David Keppel and Tara Koshinski were two weeks shy of their relationship's fourth anniversary when Koshinski, 18, died in front of him outside their mangled car on Route 309 in South Whitehall Township, a ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Troy

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1 Jul 20, 2007
I have not driven on this stretch of road for a few years, but last time I did, I almost ran this light. It kind of sneaks up on you if you drive the speed limit. Really sneaks up on you if you are over the limit. Do they have warning lights to let you know that there is a traffic signal ahead? What about the ones that say the light is red ahead. I am not defending the person who ran the light, just wondering if the state is doing anything to stop it from happening again.
Denise C

Allentown, PA

#2 Jul 20, 2007
This is such a tragedy that a life had to be lost, but it is high time that a clear message is sent to all drivers that negligence and carelessness on the road will not be tolerated. I cannot count how many times I have been in near misses because of drivers not having any regard for another's life.

“"You Can't Handle The Truth.."”

Since: May 07

Whitehall, Pa

#3 Jul 20, 2007
This kind of a story always tears me apart... I lost a fiancee at 18... I still talk to her on occassions...

My prayers are with the the young man and their families. God Bless
Fix It

Mertztown, PA

#4 Jul 20, 2007
It doens't sound weird at all. Talk to her all you need to.
KelBench400

Whitehall, PA

#5 Jul 20, 2007
Troy wrote:
I have not driven on this stretch of road for a few years, but last time I did, I almost ran this light. It kind of sneaks up on you if you drive the speed limit. Really sneaks up on you if you are over the limit. Do they have warning lights to let you know that there is a traffic signal ahead? What about the ones that say the light is red ahead. I am not defending the person who ran the light, just wondering if the state is doing anything to stop it from happening again.
I don't know how it can sneak up while northbound. The road is straight and level for half a mile before the light.
I really feel for the family. I hope they can find peace eventually.

clg

“Designers Do It Better”

Since: Jul 07

nunnyaville

#6 Jul 20, 2007
''This might sound weird,'' Keppel said.''But sometimes, I just sit outside alone and I talk to her.''

It is NEVER weird to talk to lost loved ones. I talk to my deceased brother all the time. I also go to my Nana's grave and sit and talk to her alot when I am down or for whatever reason. What is stranger is sometimes I even get answers from them. Not of course in words but from that breeze that suddenly blows through the cemetery as I am sitting there talking to my Nana, when the minute before it was perfectly still. or.......... from the butterfly that appears out of nowhere and lands on my shoulder when I am talking to my brother. Those are my signs that let me know my loved ones are with me. Some don't believe in them but I must. It keeps me going.
lynn

Bangor, PA

#7 Jul 20, 2007
The song "I Believe" comes to mind. Such a tragedy. I would think that this person who caused this tragedy thinks about how she took a loved one away from this young man for the rest of her life. there is NO EXCUSE for driving recklessly.

clg

“Designers Do It Better”

nunnyaville

#9 Jul 20, 2007
wow, Ron, that ws really mean
my brother was disabled and was killed by his caretaker

I don't use drugs.......
I can't believe how mean that was....
RonMania wrote:
<quoted text>If ya stop smoking or sniffing that stuff ya get on the street corner - the voices will go away!!
one of taras good friends

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Jul 20, 2007
there is nothing wrong with david talking to her because i for one do the same. i drive past where she is burried and talk to her all the time. i think its normal and we all should do read it.
best friend of tara

Palmer, MA

#11 Jul 20, 2007
ron your a moron if you feel better about yourself by making fun of people who talk to their loved ones, even if they have passed away, you have some issues. apparently you and kirnams attorney dont have hearts and dont have any loved ones. so do everyone a favor, and shut the hell up and keep your idiot comments to yourself. go try to be funny on something less serious then death. cause its not funny and no one cares what you have to say.

i miss tara, i dream that she is still alive and dave is always with her. i dont think i will ever believe that she is gone. she was and always will be my bestfriend and i love her to death. that lady deserves to be put in jail rot for life.

Bethlehem, PA

#12 Jul 20, 2007
best friend of tara wrote:
ron your a moron if you feel better about yourself by making fun of people who talk to their loved ones, even if they have passed away, you have some issues. apparently you and kirnams attorney dont have hearts and dont have any loved ones. so do everyone a favor, and shut the hell up and keep your idiot comments to yourself. go try to be funny on something less serious then death. cause its not funny and no one cares what you have to say.
i miss tara, i dream that she is still alive and dave is always with her. i dont think i will ever believe that she is gone. she was and always will be my bestfriend and i love her to death. that lady deserves to be put in jail rot for life.
amen to that, i couldn't have said it better.

clg

“Designers Do It Better”

nunnyaville

#13 Jul 20, 2007
ok, Ron has a point

My post kind of sounded strange, but I did specifically say that the answers I got from deceased loved ones were NOT in words~ meaning I was NOT hearing voices, lol!

But come on, has nobody had something strange happen that you took as a sign? Maybe I am looking for things because I miss my loved ones terribly.
:(
clg wrote:
''This might sound weird,'' Keppel said.''But sometimes, I just sit outside alone and I talk to her.''
It is NEVER weird to talk to lost loved ones. I talk to my deceased brother all the time. I also go to my Nana's grave and sit and talk to her alot when I am down or for whatever reason. What is stranger is sometimes I even get answers from them. Not of course in words but from that breeze that suddenly blows through the cemetery as I am sitting there talking to my Nana, when the minute before it was perfectly still. or.......... from the butterfly that appears out of nowhere and lands on my shoulder when I am talking to my brother. Those are my signs that let me know my loved ones are with me. Some don't believe in them but I must. It keeps me going.

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Jul 20, 2007
clg wrote:
ok, Ron has a point
My post kind of sounded strange, but I did specifically say that the answers I got from deceased loved ones were NOT in words~ meaning I was NOT hearing voices, lol!
But come on, has nobody had something strange happen that you took as a sign? Maybe I am looking for things because I miss my loved ones terribly.
<quoted text>
i know exactly what you mean. after reading the article this morning my dog peed on the carpet and it was a heart shaped. i know that sounds strange but if you have a dog you know its usually a circular shape. i took it as a sign from tara.
maree218

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Jul 20, 2007
I talk to my fiance all the time, 6 years later.........

I Believe
Skip Ewing/Donny Kees

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again
And itís like you havenít been gone a moment from my side
Like the tears were never cried
Like the hands of time are holding you and me
And with all my heart Iím sure weíre closer than we ever were
I donít have to hear or see, Iíve got all the proof I need
There are more than angels watching over me
I believe, I believe

Chorus
That when you die your life goes on
It doesnít end here when youíre gone
Every soul is filled with light
It never ends and if Iím right
Our love can even reach across eternity
I believe, I believe

Forever, youíre a part of me
Forever, in the heart of me
And Iíll hold you even longer if I can
The people who donít see the most
Say that I believe in ghosts
And if that makes me crazy, then I am
ĎCause I believe

I believe, I believe
voiceofreason

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jul 20, 2007
Troy wrote:
This may be a sign of a problem in this area.

clg

“Designers Do It Better”

nunnyaville

#17 Jul 20, 2007
Exactly what I am talking about,,,,,,,,:)
I could tell you things you just wouldn't believe....

I NEED to believe in my brother stll being with me....
I just need to.....
Whether it is real or not. I need him to tell me that he is ok and that his last minutes were not s bad as I think they were.........or I will go insane from guilt ;(

I was a mere 3 minutes away while he lay suffocating on a bathroom floor (from his helmet he wore to protect his head) while having a seizure and his caretaker would not move him to open his airway or remove the strap from the helmet despite please from the 911 operator.....
one of taras good friends wrote:
<quoted text>
i know exactly what you mean. after reading the article this morning my dog peed on the carpet and it was a heart shaped. i know that sounds strange but if you have a dog you know its usually a circular shape. i took it as a sign from tara.

clg

“Designers Do It Better”

nunnyaville

#18 Jul 20, 2007
Maree

I am so sorry. The poem was beautiful and fitting.

My Husband, who came very close to death when he was a police officer and is now disabled from that accident......... his cruiser was 812.......your username number backwards

I just came in front outside where he was doing some yard work. He is very sad today. He misses being a police officer. Just told me so.

Do I believe in signs? You bet I do. You lost your fiance. My Husand is still here but could have died. He needs to get over the fact that his life as he knew it, is over. He is the lucky one. He is still here with me and our children. He just doesn't realize it. I think I will go tell him of your loss.

I am so sorry again. He is with you, I Know he is......:)
maree218 wrote:
I talk to my fiance all the time, 6 years later.........
I Believe
Skip Ewing/Donny Kees
Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again
And itís like you havenít been gone a moment from my side
Like the tears were never cried
Like the hands of time are holding you and me
And with all my heart Iím sure weíre closer than we ever were
I donít have to hear or see, Iíve got all the proof I need
I believe, I believe
Chorus
That when you die your life goes on
It doesnít end here when youíre gone
Every soul is filled with light
It never ends and if Iím right
Our love can even reach across eternity
I believe, I believe
Forever, youíre a part of me
Forever, in the heart of me
And Iíll hold you even longer if I can
The people who donít see the most
Say that I believe in ghosts
And if that makes me crazy, then I am
ĎCause I believe
I believe, I believe
Fix It

Mertztown, PA

#19 Jul 21, 2007
clg wrote:
ok, Ron has a point
<quoted text>
The day my father died I ran home to get a few things before going to my mother's house.

In my kitchen I picked a few toys off the floor and ran upstairs to grab my keys, went into the kitchen for my purse and one of my living room pillows was on the kitchen floor where I had just picked up toys. I was perplexed and moved the pillow back to my living room.

The next afternoon after school my daughter asked me what was going on with the pillows. I hadn't mentioned a word of it to her about the day before and asked what she meant.

She said when she came downstairs to the kitchen that morning ALL of the living room pillows were on the floor. That is when I told her what happened to me.

Grief sticken delussion you might think? No. My daughter met my father twice in her 11 years. He was an abusive sour soul that I chose not to expose myself or my children to. Why would he give ME a sign, I can't explain it.
Whispering Breeze

Bangor, PA

#20 Jul 21, 2007
My heart goes out to the family who lost their precious angel. This is certainly a tragedy. I also understand the anger, and the grief that everyone is feeling, as I felt the same when my brother was killed due to the negligence of another human being. There is no pain in the world that is greater than losing a child. I also do feel bad for Nirmala. This lady is not a monster. I know her. I keep trying to understand how this possibly could have happened. She dedicated her entire life caring for children. I know she worked extremely long hours (sometimes 20 hours a day), and I often wondered how she did it. I can only guess that she may have been extremely tired, which is certainly no excuse, but I know she would have given her life to have saved the life of any child. I'm sure she will never forgive herself for taking the life of this young woman.

clg

“Designers Do It Better”

nunnyaville

#21 Jul 21, 2007
Fix it

I have chills up and down my spine. I an sorry that your father was the way he was. My situation is opposite. My Mother is a sour soul and emotional vampire. She is still with us but I don't see her.

I can only say that maybe he was telling you he was sorry. I have no idea what the pillows would mean though? I hope you are ok. I know I suffer alot from having a Mother who never gave a rats ass about me.

God Bless
Fix It wrote:
<quoted text>
The day my father died I ran home to get a few things before going to my mother's house.
In my kitchen I picked a few toys off the floor and ran upstairs to grab my keys, went into the kitchen for my purse and one of my living room pillows was on the kitchen floor where I had just picked up toys. I was perplexed and moved the pillow back to my living room.
The next afternoon after school my daughter asked me what was going on with the pillows. I hadn't mentioned a word of it to her about the day before and asked what she meant.
She said when she came downstairs to the kitchen that morning ALL of the living room pillows were on the floor. That is when I told her what happened to me.
Grief sticken delussion you might think? No. My daughter met my father twice in her 11 years. He was an abusive sour soul that I chose not to expose myself or my children to. Why would he give ME a sign, I can't explain it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power outage lower Southampton now Oct 20 Earl of Pearl 4
Robbers don Halloween masks to rob banks Oct 9 Roo 1
Abington launches red-light camera program Aug '14 hattrickmom 1
Review: Romp n' Roll Jul '14 willowgrovePAromp... 1
Weis Markets Huntingdon Valley is a RIPOFF (Dec '13) Jun '14 irish1 4
Review: Old World Sausage Factory Jun '14 Erin 1
Pa. Democrats Aim For Spot To Challenge GOP Gov... May '14 Lawrence Wolf 14

Huntingdon Valley News Video

Huntingdon Valley Jobs

Huntingdon Valley People Search