Sen. Specter Calls For Pa. Swim Club Investigation

Full story: CBS 3
Share + Jul 11, 2009 9:38 am US/Eastern Reporting Ben Simmoneau It looks like a Montgomery County swim club accused of racial discrimination will be investigated by federal officials. Full Story
Dayveed

Collingswood, NJ

#1 Jul 11, 2009
This is the same Senator who wanted to waste a ton of taxpayer money on a full blown Congressional investigation on having the NE Patriots and NFL to explain why it allegedly destroyed evidence from an alleged cheating scandal during the 2007 Super Bowl. Really makes one wonder if these guys in Wash DC are just out to get on the 6:00 news to justify their continued positions. It's a private swim club Senator! They can legally say who can use their facilities and who can't apart from the octopus-like grasp of the federal bureaucracy.
racist swim club

Norristown, PA

#2 Jul 11, 2009
Dayveed wrote:
This is the same Senator who wanted to waste a ton of taxpayer money on a full blown Congressional investigation on having the NE Patriots and NFL to explain why it allegedly destroyed evidence from an alleged cheating scandal during the 2007 Super Bowl. Really makes one wonder if these guys in Wash DC are just out to get on the 6:00 news to justify their continued positions. It's a private swim club Senator! They can legally say who can use their facilities and who can't apart from the octopus-like grasp of the federal bureaucracy.
You need to check the law, you moron! The club accepts $ for rentals, etc., so it is subject to the laws regarding discrimination. And, there are some Black members of that club that are perturbed about the racist pigs that complained. I hope the club goes out of business after they are made to pay for this racist attitude.
Dayveede

Collingswood, NJ

#3 Jul 11, 2009
racist swim club wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to check the law, you moron! The club accepts $ for rentals, etc., so it is subject to the laws regarding discrimination. And, there are some Black members of that club that are perturbed about the racist pigs that complained. I hope the club goes out of business after they are made to pay for this racist attitude.
You need to check the laws concerning PRIVATE Corporations and PRIVATE property! Civil rights and other laws do NOT apply to private institutions that are NOT tax funded. To use your logic if I were having a private party at my house and a couple people crashed the same wanting to drink my booze and eat my food then I would have no recourse to kick them out. If this were a public taxpayer funded pool facility it's a whole other story, but it ain't. it's a private club and they can allow or deny or ask whomever they want to leave as they see fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Jazzman 51,524
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Martin Luther 4,019
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Abington launches red-light camera program Aug '14 hattrickmom 1
Review: Romp n' Roll Jul '14 willowgrovePAromp... 1
Weis Markets Huntingdon Valley is a RIPOFF (Dec '13) Jun '14 irish1 4
Review: Old World Sausage Factory Jun '14 Erin 1

Huntingdon Valley News Video

Huntingdon Valley Jobs

Huntingdon Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntingdon Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntingdon Valley

Personal Finance