In a word, how would you describe Eas...

In a word, how would you describe Easton?

There are 464 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 18, 2007, titled In a word, how would you describe Easton?. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Odds are, not too many Lafayette College students passed up the chance to attend Saturday's football game with arch-rival Lehigh University unless they had a really good reason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“yep,,it's me....”

Since: Feb 07

Bethlehem

#24 Nov 18, 2007
DUMP !

“Wie bist du?”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#25 Nov 18, 2007
emtp563 wrote:
s.h.i.t.h.o.l.e.
I guess the censors have off on the weekends.
hmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Nov 18, 2007
Hannah2 wrote:
Easton is a city of promise - but people have to be willing to change -all the controvery surrounding every new project is not the way to have your city grow...people who want things to 'stay the way they always were' must realize that Easton will soon become a dying city if they do not embrace the vision of growth and prosperity that change will bring..
soon become a dying city?? I think that statement would have been relevant about 50 years ago.
greynomo

Walnutport, PA

#27 Nov 18, 2007
Lafayette parent wrote:
I first want to say that this student sounds like an amazing young man! I visit Easton regularly to visit my son who attends Lafayette. I am always impressed by the quaintness and historical feel of the community. I have dined at several fine restaurants downtown and in the local area, and visited many local stores. My impression continues to be very positive. My one word to describe Easton is "under-rated".
Good post. If you have time on a spring visit, go up 10th St. and "tour" the cemetary. I mean that seriously...it's amazing. I love Easton. I love Pearly Bakers!
Steve

Bangor, PA

#28 Nov 18, 2007
DANGEROUS!

“Go Hillary!”

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem

#29 Nov 18, 2007
disgusting
aus

Allentown, PA

#31 Nov 18, 2007
gross
here we go again

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Nov 18, 2007
keep the architecture.
get rid of the people.
Melissa R

Emmaus, PA

#35 Nov 18, 2007
this is not news! nice sounding kid, though.
Tim

Nazareth, PA

#36 Nov 18, 2007
Backward.
Devan

Laramie, WY

#37 Nov 18, 2007
resident of bethlehem but easton is not a place i am willing to travel to much.
BID

Nazareth, PA

#38 Nov 18, 2007
On the up side for Easton, at least it is better than Allentown !!
kathy65

Weatherly, PA

#39 Nov 18, 2007
citizenX wrote:
i'm curious to know how many of those commenting here have actually been to Easton recently, what part of the city did you visit, and why were you there?
I was born and raised in Easton..South Side Delaware Terrace in the middle 50's, then to 300 block of Palmer St...to Nesquehoning...then to 14th and Lehigh St...and now I am afraid of all those areas...shame on me...I had 3 older brothers, and have MANY great memories...SS being most of them....My best memories of Easton is the Class of 69 and the school spirit shown that year...BTW, I was in class of 72...my brother in the earlier class...My worst year was in 72 during the racial riots...what happened...we all used to get along fine....
kathy65

Weatherly, PA

#40 Nov 18, 2007
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
soon become a dying city?? I think that statement would have been relevant about 50 years ago.
In the early 70's Easton's downtown was still bustling withshoppers walking and crowded...all the bIG stores were still there...Christ,as time was great...we had our downtown beat copS..who everybody knew...and the DeLuxe Restaurant was the in-place.
The Easton Entrepreneur

Easton, PA

#41 Nov 18, 2007
First it is great to see Mr. Raisman to take a proactive role in our community. He is a credit to not only Lafayette, but also to the Easton community. He is to be applauded for his actions- not just his words.

Many of the negative commentors could learn a lesson from this young man. Rather than complain- he is doing something about it.

As for my thoughts about Easton... A wise sage once said, when you judge a place, you don't define it, rather you define yourself. Therefore I would say Easton is full of great opportunity, growth and possibility. I am proud to call Easton home.
Reading comprhention

Philadelphia, PA

#42 Nov 18, 2007
The question was in a word"How would describe Easton"

Dirty.

It did not say comments welcomed !

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#43 Nov 18, 2007
BID wrote:
On the up side for Easton, at least it is better than Allentown !!
Dream on. Easton residents are trying to keep out Riverwalk and other development projects in the city to keep Easton moving in the same direction, DOWN. The hysterics,(historics) want to have Easton the way it was in 1850. The city is broke; laying off employees and a project that will pay 1.5 M in taxes they don't want because it is too big. Well then pay the extra taxes and watch your city go down the sewer because it can't meet current obligations. You get what you deserve, the pits. Not ever the non-English speaking want to move their, Easton is below their standards.

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#44 Nov 18, 2007
Corrected copy:

Dream on. Easton residents are trying to keep out Riverwalk and other projects in the city to keep Easton moving in the same direction, DOWN. The hysterics,(Historics) want to have Easton the way it was in 1850. The city is broke; laying off employees and a project that will pay 1.5 M in taxes they don't want because it is too big. Well then pay the extra taxes and watch your city go down the sewer because it can't meet current obligations. You get what you deserve, the pits. Not even the non-English speaking want to move there, Easton is below their standards.

“Wandering and wondering”

Since: Apr 07

Not from around here

#45 Nov 18, 2007
When I heard about this young man's efforts several weeks ago, I responded to him that I thought this was an admirable thing to do. I heard about his project in one of the most negative blogs in the Valley. A lot of people could learn a lot from this student's positive outlook.
Why is it we tear down and attack anything that might have the least bit hopeful about our community. Shame on those who are so negative.
The Easton Entrepreneur

Easton, PA

#46 Nov 18, 2007
Jake Barnes is 1000% correct!

Those of you who say it cannot be done should get the hell out of the way of those of those of us who are making things happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who wants to sexting buddies? (Sep '13) Mon ooh baby right there 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Jenkintown (Mar '17) Oct '17 Chickagirl 11
Old picture Ice skating in willow grove Aug '17 Jared 2
News Montco sheriff gets spotlight in Allentown corr... Aug '17 weaponX 1
News Matthew Fox's Birthday (Jul '07) Jul '17 Natalie Pagano 4
2 for 1 (May '17) May '17 MFF maybe 1
News Anthony P. Fortino | Company executive, 80 (Jan '09) Jan '16 Phil Fortino 6

Huntingdon Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntingdon Valley Mortgages