#21 Jul 20, 2010
PUBLIC wrote:
"he says he refuses to be a
part of such dirty politics"
Mr John needs to make a public
statement denying or explaning
these accusations. Silence can
be condemning.(last comment)
Actions speak much louder than words. As a victim of domestic violence my self, I am well aware of all signs of "false personalities." I watched my mother be abused daily while I was locked in a bedroom. A few short years later after escaping from a
battered marriage, my mother met Johnny Hill. They married, and he later adopted me as his own daughter. During the time that I still visited mt birth father, I saw incidents that no child should ever witness. My DADDY never shed a cross or incriminating word toward or to this "so-called" father. If Johnny Hill made false accusations toward a person's personal character, it would have surely been done years ago. As for domestic violence in his life, I never even received a spanking from him; and he has been my Dad for the past 16 years. A person could not change malicious habits that quickly (from "incidents" with an ex-spouse to not spanking his own children). I have heard Johnny Hill say one curse word in 16 years while smashing his thumb with a hammer. As far accusations for extra marital affairs, it disheartens me that some people are so unhappy with their own lives that it pleases them to attempt to destroy other people's families. Not only has some individuals destroyed political signs and attempted to defame Johnny Hill in this election, I have received over $500 worth of personal property/residential damage during this election. My husband and I never spoke ill of whomever inflicted this opposition upon our family, but it was clearly election-related. I absolutely agree with the previous comment of God has a plan.
middledaughter

United States

#22 Jul 20, 2010
Ginger wrote:
If Johnny Hill has such good morals as John n from Lexington says, what do you call the affair he had with a local bank employee? My Bible calls it adultery.
Is this forum a place to cast the first stone? My Bible also says, "Do not judge lest you be judged." Do we really want to put our personal sins that are not related to the topic at hand on trial? I'm sure we will all have a long list of sins and inadequacies that are read aloud when reach the judgment.
John N

Martin, TN

#23 Jul 21, 2010
Like reading the bible, you can read a part of it and come up with whatever you want to believe to suit yourself,you have a good man here, one who will do the citizens of Carroll county and the sheriffs dept proud. So what do ya'll do, try to trash him and his family. Politics is a dirty business because of some people, you can turn a jaywalking charge into a murder conviction!!! Drop the nonsense, vote the man in and allow the county and it's citizens to prosper.

John
Concerned

Jackson, TN

#24 Jul 21, 2010
Knowit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, I am sorry but you have been totally mislead. Who ever told you that Johnny Hill was telling lies on your daughter is totally wrong. I heard him say, he would not answer some of those peoples questions out of respect for your daughter. If you feel this way, why did you let him and his wife attend your daughters funeral. You have been so mislead. You need to find out the truth and the facts before you write such a letter. Johnny Hill has never said anything negative about you daughter and I have followed his campaign closely, very closely. You are a victim just like Johnny Hill. I am so sorry you have got caught up in this political,childish, pathetic bunch of malucious people. I have asked Johnny Hill why he will not respond to these letters, his reason for not is because he said he refuses to be a part of such dirty polotics, God knows and if he does not get elected to sheriff, God has a bigger plan for Johnny Hill.
Well sir, all I can say to you is that you are the one who has been misled. Johnny himself admitted to me that he had indeed done everything he was charged with, why in a moment of conscience after her death or what, I don't know, but Johnny knows he did admit it to me. As for your comment about this coming from a bunch of malicious people, I have some really good very decent upstanding friends up there and not just one, but several of them told us the things Johnny had been saying. As for Johnny coming to my daughter's funeral, I did not know he came. He and His wife Kim did come to my house the night Tracey was killed, and quite honestly I thought he had a lot of gall doing that and it was even more tramautizing because apparently Johnny chose his wife Kim because she looked so much like Tracey. I even told her it was upsetting to me because she looked like Tracey and she said I know I have been told that a lot. You can defend him till Hell freezes over, but you are the one who needs to see all the statements before you try to tell me it isn't true. Johnny may have been as saintly as the Pope since he left Jackson, everyone thought he was a good officer here until all this and more came out about his business dealings. I won't argue with you, but my comments had nothing to do with politics, I was and am even more upset now after all the other things I read in my daughter's own words and those of Johnny's fellow officers who filed warrants against him, which were only dismissed after he finished the work he was supposed to do. Don't take my word for it, go look at it for yourself. No, I am not a victim sir, my daughter was Johnny's victim and he and God above knows it. If you choose to believe differently that is your right. But don't try to tell me when I am without a doubt absolutely positive of my facts. I know what my daughter said, I know what the officers said, and I also know that the charges were not as Johnny said "unfounded". I believe that from what I was told he pled guilty to a lesser charge and was forced to resign or be fired, due to the findings on the internal affairs investigation. If you don't want to believe it go read it for yourself, it is a part of his personnel file and as such is subject to scrutiny by the general public. My daughter was totally terrorized and traumatized by Johnny Hill, those facts were borne out by the findings.
truth

AOL

#25 Jul 21, 2010
You your self know that is not the truth and yes I wish these people would go check this out for themself. You never told me that I upset you by looking like tracy in fact you sent me a letter tellin me you appreciated us coming and you were proud Johnny was Happy. You can say what you want now if you want but your right the Lord above knows. Go to the court house and check his file if there is a lesser charge it will be at the Madison county courthouse. While your there pull Hers too and see for your self who stood where. We have never said a cross word about Tracy and I don't know who has told you different. We have not even said anything to this point, you yourself have tuned us to do that. So why don't you yourself pull all the facts before you spread the malicious lies it is public record so pull them both. I understand you being upset that they drug all this stuff back up again, but we didn't do this to you they did. I can only hope that you see they are using you for this cruel intent because I was there and you know you sent the note and you know your not telling the truth either.
Ginger

Jackson, TN

#26 Jul 21, 2010
Knowit wrote:
If Johnny Hill is such a terrible person, why are only "LadyBug" commenting negativly, and Johnny Hill's poor ex-mother-in-law is just another victim of people like "LadyBug." God has a plan, and God has a wrath.
The answer to this is simple, Johnny has his circle of people that have been drawn into his wicked little webb and they are all rallying around him trying to protect him, word is just now getting out from reliable sources and exposing him for what he is, a cheater, wife abuser, dishonest character, that is a smooth talker and can easily fool people, I've been involved with men like him, sooner or later his real side shows up. and yes I do agree with you God does have a plan and God does have wrath, but God gave us brains and intellect and expects us to use them
Kuntry Gurl

Martin, TN

#27 Jul 21, 2010
I'm with Waitaminute!! Could it be that:

"Redneck" - Afraid of losing the monopoly on the bail bonding business in Carroll County???

Dottie Gates - Upset that Johnny had part in the investigation leading to the arrest of her son Chuck Gates in the Cash Express robbery (see front page of this week's paper)???

Eillen Prichard - Have family ties to Tim Meggs (who lost the nomination to Johnny)???

Bonnie Bucy - Known gossip & trouble-maker???

Ya'll keep up the good work, I think you are helping Johnny all the more!!
carroll county

Martin, TN

#28 Jul 21, 2010
this is hillairious! i am astounded that older retired women have nothing to do except to gossip on this forum. when you gossip, it speaks more about yourself than the person you are gossiping about, and you "women" do not appear to be ladies. i am a "concerned" citizen, and i HAVE researched his so-called charges. this man has done carpentry work for my family, and i never had to "take out a warrant for his arrest" for theft. i will send up prayers for these "women" tonight. maybe you should be evaluated and posiibly take medication. it sounds as though you have skipped a few doses.
Hey truth

Henry, TN

#29 Jul 21, 2010
Ann Kirk is Johhny's mother-in-law. I know for a fact that she is raising Johnny's teenage daughter and has been for a number of years? Oh here it claims Johnny has been a great father to three girls. Seems the snake in the grass is the truth and one can only hope it bites in time.
Ginger

Jackson, TN

#30 Jul 21, 2010
truth wrote:
You your self know that is not the truth and yes I wish these people would go check this out for themself. You never told me that I upset you by looking like tracy in fact you sent me a letter tellin me you appreciated us coming and you were proud Johnny was Happy. You can say what you want now if you want but your right the Lord above knows. Go to the court house and check his file if there is a lesser charge it will be at the Madison county courthouse. While your there pull Hers too and see for your self who stood where. We have never said a cross word about Tracy and I don't know who has told you different. We have not even said anything to this point, you yourself have tuned us to do that. So why don't you yourself pull all the facts before you spread the malicious lies it is public record so pull them both. I understand you being upset that they drug all this stuff back up again, but we didn't do this to you they did. I can only hope that you see they are using you for this cruel intent because I was there and you know you sent the note and you know your not telling the truth either.
Kim out of decency you should at least spell Tracey's name correctly and please use a capital "T". I do no understand how you and all your "friends" can deny what is written in plain black and white and in easy to understand language. Maybe some people will take you at your word, but hopefully others will take the time and energy to check it out for themselves. Our country is in the mess it is today, because too many people have been willing to set back and listen to a bunch of lying politicians, then vote on what they have said, without checking for themselves. They all of this starts at the local level and we in Carroll County are seeing this in action right now.

And why is it everyone suddenly starts talking about God all of a sudden. If you and Johnny have such a Wonderful Christian home as you try to make people believe, how is it you daughter lives with her grandmother and not at home? And was it just dumb luck that you started going to church in Huntingdon just about the time he started his campaign?
Ginger

Jackson, TN

#31 Jul 21, 2010
Hey truth wrote:
Ann Kirk is Johhny's mother-in-law. I know for a fact that she is raising Johnny's teenage daughter and has been for a number of years? Oh here it claims Johnny has been a great father to three girls. Seems the snake in the grass is the truth and one can only hope it bites in time.
Finally someone else knows the truth and is finding courage to speak out.....Maybe as more people get and read their papers, we can start having some honest posts on here, not just the obviously made up ones that have been showing up so far
Truth Seeker

Lincoln, NE

#32 Jul 21, 2010
I don't know if they were talking about walmart or behind a church at 4:30am. LOL I do not know if any of this is true or not, but it help me make my mind up who to vote for if he would make a public statement for himself instead of everyone else taking up for him. If he hasn't done these things its time for him to step forward and say he didn't. Either it will put a stop to all the questions or someone will step forward and prove him as a liar. If the other side is playing dirty it will hurt them, if Johhny don't respond it makes it look like he has something to hide. As I have heard it, it is the republican party that started all of this in the first place so I do not understand why it is getting blamed on people from the sheriffs department. Looks to me like someone is trying to get a pity party together.
Ginger

Jackson, TN

#33 Jul 21, 2010
Truth Seeker wrote:
I don't know if they were talking about walmart or behind a church at 4:30am. LOL I do not know if any of this is true or not, but it help me make my mind up who to vote for if he would make a public statement for himself instead of everyone else taking up for him. If he hasn't done these things its time for him to step forward and say he didn't. Either it will put a stop to all the questions or someone will step forward and prove him as a liar. If the other side is playing dirty it will hurt them, if Johhny don't respond it makes it look like he has something to hide. As I have heard it, it is the republican party that started all of this in the first place so I do not understand why it is getting blamed on people from the sheriffs department. Looks to me like someone is trying to get a pity party together.
It seems like the Republican's that selected him for their candidate would have done a thorough background search on him, but I guess they figured if he was good enough to work for the Huntingdon police department he was good enough for sheriff so maybe the trouble started when he was hired by HPD. It is my understanding that he applied to the Carroll County Sheriff's Dept first and Sheriff Bartholomew didn't hire him.....wonder why....think maybe he checked him out???? What's the old saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", think someone should have practiced "prevention" before he joined HPD.
Kuntry Gurl

Martin, TN

#34 Jul 21, 2010
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like the Republican's that selected him for their candidate would have done a thorough background search on him, but I guess they figured if he was good enough to work for the Huntingdon police department he was good enough for sheriff so maybe the trouble started when he was hired by HPD. It is my understanding that he applied to the Carroll County Sheriff's Dept first and Sheriff Bartholomew didn't hire him.....wonder why....think maybe he checked him out???? What's the old saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", think someone should have practiced "prevention" before he joined HPD.
Hey Ginger! Bendell was not Sheriff at the time, Douglas Brandon was & just for your information (in case you didn't know this either) Bendell worked for Huntingdon PD before he became Sheriff!
Ginger

Jackson, TN

#35 Jul 21, 2010
Kuntry Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ginger! Bendell was not Sheriff at the time, Douglas Brandon was & just for your information (in case you didn't know this either) Bendell worked for Huntingdon PD before he became Sheriff!
Thanks now I know why my father always like Brandon, and yes I do know Bendell was HPD before being elected sheriff, but can you tell me????? What does that have anything to do with the current race, Bendell could have been a dog catcher or worked for HPD, that has nothing to do with the comments being posted.....Brandon yes, but the other...no
carroll county

United States

#36 Jul 21, 2010
a hand to bonnie bucy and eileen prichard! y'all are great. dr. hampton just advised me your antidepressants will be available for you to pick up first thing in the morning. i am so glad your lives run so smoothly that you have time to worry over johnny hill's family, too. frankly, his underage child is none of your business; and if i were him, you two "ladies" and i would have serious personal problems. thanks for showing us all how classy you are!
Tact

Mckenzie, TN

#37 Jul 22, 2010
To all of you...We should look at the present men that are running for sheriff not their past. We have some well qualified men seeking the sheriff position. I know Johnny Hill and his family, I know Andy Dickson and his family and I know Walter Smoothers and his family. This is non-sense, look at the men as lawmen and not dig up the past. Would you want others to look in your closet, ladies? Please develop some tact. And Mrs. Hill, please do not lower yourself to this level of intelligence. This is wrong and cruel to Mr. Hill and his family. Look at the men for what they are TODAY and vote for the people of the county. Johnny Hill is a fine man and so is Andy Dickson..past is past, now is now.
Truly Amazing

Collierville, TN

#38 Jul 22, 2010
can not believe the juvenile acting comments being posted here. About 85% of you should be ashamed.
John N

Martin, TN

#39 Jul 22, 2010
Tact wrote:
To all of you...We should look at the present men that are running for sheriff not their past. We have some well qualified men seeking the sheriff position. I know Johnny Hill and his family, I know Andy Dickson and his family and I know Walter Smoothers and his family. This is non-sense, look at the men as lawmen and not dig up the past. Would you want others to look in your closet, ladies? Please develop some tact. And Mrs. Hill, please do not lower yourself to this level of intelligence. This is wrong and cruel to Mr. Hill and his family. Look at the men for what they are TODAY and vote for the people of the county. Johnny Hill is a fine man and so is Andy Dickson..past is past, now is now.
Ya'll remember Fibber Magee and his closet people ? mind your own house and leave others to theirs... Or how about people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Johnny's background was checked , he made the statement he would not be dragged into such trash.His current wife and children made statements about his reputation, drop the crap, this man loves God, his family, his job, and Carroll county, voting vor him is voting for every citizen of this county. When he takes over the job he will help every citizen including the ones who tried to defame him. VOTE JOHNNY HILL

jOHN
Allen

Erin, TN

#40 Jul 22, 2010
Thats tirgh he who is without sin cast the first rock!!!!! Vote and Elect Johnny Hill Sheriff dont forget abuot our wheel taxes and property taxes and that lawsuit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason mayberry 10 hr Tom 2
What happened to ace Eubanks?? (Feb '13) 15 hr frescaaaaaa 23
Brad Allen (Oct '12) 15 hr frescaaaaaa 22
Wer in the World is Matt Smith??!!?? Wed guest 4
Byron Ray Wilson (Dec '13) Dec 24 alexiaaa 17
Prater's Taters coming to town? Dec 22 hope 5
Fatherless children - and some moms Dec 22 TNroad 1
Huntingdon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web