Buildings to be closed in the Hunting...

Buildings to be closed in the Huntingdon Areas School District...

Posted in the Huntingdon Forum

FactFinder

Duncansville, PA

#1 Nov 18, 2010
The Huntingdon Area School District is planning to shut down 2 elementary buildings due to ‘budgetary’ concerns. Perhaps there are reasons for closing the schools if the student census has been dropping. Then again, in a District where administrators represent less than 5 percent of the work force, yet command over 12 percent of the salary...maybe it’s just a group of administrators trying to preserve their overinflated jobs at the expense of students. For a school district where the superintendent makes nearly $110,00.00 a year...they should be thinking about payroll cuts first before closing buildings...
Try this on

Huntingdon, PA

#2 Nov 26, 2010
I agree with you but fact is it costs more to send these kids to those schools. If you really want a way to solve this I suggest that the parents that send there kids to those schools pay the difference in the cost to send the children there then see what they say.Brady would be a good place to have the middle school at least it wouldn't be built on a sink hole like they want to do again.
southman

Augusta, GA

#3 Nov 29, 2010
Try this on wrote:
I agree with you but fact is it costs more to send these kids to those schools. If you really want a way to solve this I suggest that the parents that send there kids to those schools pay the difference in the cost to send the children there then see what they say.Brady would be a good place to have the middle school at least it wouldn't be built on a sink hole like they want to do again.
Kick the Federal Government out of the school business and give it back to the States and Counties. Federal Government has done nothing to improve our children's education, Progressive education does not prepare our young people for the workforce. As far as colleges go, as long as they stay to their far left teachings (there is a median!)the graduates from our higher learning institutions will not be prepare either.

1. everyone is not equal in learning
2. there is nothing wrong with a grade in red
3. competition is healthly
4. did our Hi-Tech endeavors come from progressive teachings?
Please put a lot of thought in this question
5. and so on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntingdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mount Union PA Snapshot of a Small Town (May '08) 21 hr Jerry 67
News Thousands attend Erie's Wine on the Lake Apr 4 Sopper Kobinski 7
Bafia Builders (Sep '15) Sep '15 Anonymous 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Huntingdon, PA (Aug '10) Aug '15 sfl 71
News Elizabeth Judd to challenge David Arnold for Le... (Jan '13) May '15 anonamos 9
News Snow could hit area counties (Dec '14) Dec '14 yes 1
News Pa. Standardbred owner Tom Chadwick dies (Nov '14) Dec '14 moe 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntingdon Mortgages